Alt-right Twitter blogger Jenna Abrams unmasked as creation of Russian 'troll factory'

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Alt-right Twitter blogger Jenna Abrams unmasked as creation of Russian 'troll factory'

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:05 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alt-twitter- ... 38598.html
A divisive alt-right blogger with thousands of Twitter followers has been unmasked as a product of Russia’s infamous “troll farm”.

Twitter troll Jenna Abrams, who had amassed more than 70,000 followers, was exposed following an investigation into Russian interference in last year’s presidential election by the US senate Intelligence Committee.

The Daily Beast reports that Abrams, whose account was created in 2014, was the brainchild of the Russian government-funded Internet Research Agency in St Petersburg.

Her viral tweets on topics from Kim Kardashian’s naked selfie to feminism were picked up by mainstream media outlets and helped grow her online following, but her messages quickly became more political in the run-up to the election.

Before Donald Trump was elected in November last year, Ms Abrams created division and disunity with posts on contentious issues like the Confederate flag debate, segregation and Black Lives Matter.

“To those people, who hate the Confederate flag. Did you know that the flag and the war wasn’t about slavery, it was all about money,” read one of her tweets.

While the tweets appeared to be coming from a young American woman with right-wing views, Jenna Abrams didn’t actually exist.

Since being exposed, both Twitter and Google have suspended accounts associated with @Jenn_Abrams.
:shock:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Re: Alt-right Twitter blogger Jenna Abrams unmasked as creation of Russian 'troll factory'

Post by RevTheory » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 pm

Speaking of twitter, they just admitted to blocking 48% of tweets involving the DNC emails. Even with a phoney dossier, taking control of the DNC to block Bernie, leaked questions for a debate, twitter's interference and a fawning media, she still lost to Trump :lol:

http://usareportworld.com/index.php/201 ... n-scandal/

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: Alt-right Twitter blogger Jenna Abrams unmasked as creation of Russian 'troll factory'

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:50 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 pm
Speaking of twitter, they just admitted to blocking 48% of tweets involving the DNC emails. Even with a phoney dossier, taking control of the DNC to block Bernie, leaked questions for a debate, twitter's interference and a fawning media, she still lost to Trump :lol:

http://usareportworld.com/index.php/201 ... n-scandal/
She was the worst the Dems had to offer. Trump was the worst on the other side. If the election was a bowl game it would be the toilet bowl. :lol:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:05 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:50 pm

She was the worst the Dems had to offer. Trump is the best president this country's seen in more than a generation.

Fixed it for ya :wink:

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:05 pm

Fixed it for ya :wink:
As can be seen by his stellar approval rating and huge list of major accomplishments. :lol:

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:14 pm

Has anyone ever seen the supposed fake Russian fb stuff?

If so could anyone show me 1 thing on them that in anyway would have helped Trump win the election?

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:42 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:09 pm
As can be seen by his stellar approval rating and huge list of major accomplishments. :lol:
Absolutely! Still putting stock in those polls, huh? 2020 is going to be fun :lol:

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:47 pm

GARY C wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:14 pm

If so could anyone show me 1 thing on them that in anyway would have helped Trump win the election?
I've seen most of these in this link.

I only have facebook. No twitter, instagram ect. otherwise I'm sure I would have seen more.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... see-244423

Facebook claims approx 126 million saw the ads.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:14 pm

dirtracr5 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:47 pm
GARY C wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:14 pm

I've seen most of these in this link.

I only have facebook. No twitter, instagram ect. otherwise I'm sure I would have seen more.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... see-244423

Facebook claims approx 126 million saw the ads.
Thanks for the link, I only have FB as well, I don't pay a lot of attention to adds or memes, the way people were talking I thought they were actual DT campaign adds or something.

After the primary's I think everyone pretty much has their mind made up on who their voting for, it's a bummer to think people are swayed by advertisement without doing their home work.

I have probably watched more hours of documentary types on the candidates than many voters and I don't even vote. That may be why :)