Sgt. Bergdahl Given Only A Dishonorable Discharge?? WTF??

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Re: Sgt. Bergdahl Given Only A Dishonorable Discharge?? WTF??

Post by Ratu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Given the situation this is likely the right outcome.

The guy realised he had no business being over there, in someone else's place, hurting other people without just cause. He walked away (or tried to). Now it has been decided to leave him be. Fair enough.

Meanwhile, each must think about what it is they are involving themselves in each day. Always remember, the Nuremberg Defense is illegitimate. You are responsible.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Ken0069 wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:27 pm
Just for the record and for those who may not know, here is a picture of bergdahl's father and mother.

Watch Obama's face as Bergdahl's dad invoked Allah in Arabic
When Bob Bergdahl launched in Arabic, invoking Allah while standing next to President Obama in the White House Rose Garden, a number of Americans were startled. Claire Lopez, a former CIA operations officer, a strategic policy and intelligence expert with a focus on Middle East, national defense, WMD, and counterterrorism issues, emailed her friend Allen West:

“What none of these media is reporting is that the father’s (SGT Bowe Bergdahl’s father Bob) first words at the WH were in Arabic – those words were “bism allah alrahman alraheem” – which means “in the name of Allah the most gracious and most merciful” – these are the opening words of every chapter of the Qur’an except one (the chapter of the sword – the 9th) – by uttering these words on the grounds of the WH, Bergdahl (the father) sanctified the WH and claimed it for Islam. There is no question but POTUS knows this.”
(read more)
He's speaking O's language!

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:09 pm

Ratu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:22 pm
Given the situation this is likely the right outcome.

The guy realised he had no business being over there, in someone else's place, hurting other people without just cause. He walked away (or tried to). Now it has been decided to leave him be. Fair enough.

Meanwhile, each must think about what it is they are involving themselves in each day. Always remember, the Nuremberg Defense is illegitimate. You are responsible.
There is a way out if you want out, he agreed to that when he "signed" up, he had a choice and he chose wrong!

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:32 pm

When an individual comes to the realisation that what he is involved with is wrong, then the right way out is to immediately stop doing the wrong and terminate the involvement forthwith. The idea that orders from "superiors", signing pieces of paper, reciting oaths of allegiance to the fuhrer or whomever, reciting pledges to the reich, saluting the flag, incanting prayers, singing anthems, making blood promises, chanting obscene marching ditties or whatever it is that is the fashionable thing done nowadays allow any sort of abrogation of responsibility, mitigation for doing wrong, excuse or defense is false.

Once it is understood that an action is wrong and the institution undertaking it is likewise wrong, then the response must be immediate. The alternative is to remain in a state of active criminality. Nuremberg defense and similar arguments are invalid and have been established as such for an extended period of time. There are no excuses.

In this case the guy appears to have come to a conclusion, understood he must act on it, made the decision to so do and simply walked away. He was lucky he did not get murdered. At this point it is best he be left alone.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:02 pm

Wouldn't him breaking his signed contract be wrong?
Those actions led to others dieing trying to save him.Was that right?
His trade back to us led to terrorist being released and re offending. Was that right?
The old saying, Two wrongs don't make a right!

He could have got out by legal means and faced the consequences and then he would have a solid platform to speak from...That would be right!

lefty o
Pro
Pro

Post by lefty o » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:09 pm

he enlisted while we have been fighting this same fight we are in today, it didnt come as a surprise to him. he knew what he was doing. IMO he wasnt just a deserter, he was a traitor, as he is the only person to ever spend 5 years with the taliban and keep their head. lastly he cost other Americans their lives by doing what he did. he deserves a rope, or a bullet nothing less. none of the whiny excuses ive heard from people who have obviously never served hold water.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:27 pm

lefty o wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:09 pm
he enlisted while we have been fighting this same fight we are in today, it didnt come as a surprise to him. he knew what he was doing. IMO he wasnt just a deserter, he was a traitor, as he is the only person to ever spend 5 years with the taliban and keep their head. lastly he cost other Americans their lives by doing what he did. he deserves a rope, or a bullet nothing less. none of the whiny excuses ive heard from people who have obviously never served hold water.
What better way to get terrorist released from America then to pose as an American solider being held hostage to negotiate a deal and you get to be famous as well.

In-Tech
Guru
Guru

Post by In-Tech » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:50 pm

I usually stay out of conversations like this but i feel compelled to speak my mind this time.

/rant on/
I was undecided about what to do with this young man as I have two sons and what should their fate be. So, yes I gave him the benefit of the doubt that maybe all of this is misunderstood and he's been similar to a patsy used as a trade. THEN, I heard his father say “bism allah alrahman alraheem” and now we know!!!!!!!!!!! He went into the armed forces full well knowing what to expect, within reason. He abandoned his post, others were injured trying to rescue his sorry ass and then was traded for some even worse men. Yes he had a choice, so even if he figured out his part was unacceptable, fall on your sword you miserable F'ng traitor. I have to say I would be sorry if this was my kid but he deserves NOTHING except a life time in prison and truly deserves the death penalty.
/rant off/
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

mitch
Pro
Pro

Post by mitch » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:39 am

I have also heard that he is getting $300000 in back pay, only in America