Rick Perry suggests fossil fuels could reduce sexual assault in Africa

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Rick Perry suggests fossil fuels could reduce sexual assault in Africa

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:44 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/rick-perry-su ... ories.html
The social media backlash was swift and brutal after Energy Secretary Rick Perry today suggested that fossil fuels would play a "positive role" in preventing sexual assault in Africa.

Perry, who last month traveled to Cape Town, South Africa to discuss oil and gas partnerships in Africa, today tied the sexual assault issue to the lack of electricity on the continent:

"It's going to take fossil fuels to push power out into those villages in Africa," the secretary said at a forum hosted by Axios and NBC News. "A young girl told me to my face, one of the reasons that electricity is so important to me is not only because I'm not going to have to try to read by the light of a fire and have those fumes literally killing people, but also from the standpoint of sexual assault."

"When the lights are on, when you have light that shines, the righteousness, if you will, on those types of acts," he continued. "So from the standpoint of how you really affect people's lives, fossil fuels is going to play a role in that. I happen to think it's going to play a positive role."

The pro-environment Sierra Club called Perry's sentiments "twisted" and urged the secretary to step down "before he causes any more damage."

"It was already clear that Rick Perry is unfit to lead the Department of Energy, but to suggest that fossil fuel development will decrease sexual assault is not only blatantly untrue, it is an inexcusable attempt to minimize a serious and pervasive issue," executive director Michael Brune said in a statement. "Perry's attempt to exploit this struggle to justify further dangerous fossil fuel development is unacceptable. He does not deserve to hold office another day with these twisted ideas."
This ranks right up there with the libtards idea of pissing yourself to reduce the rapists desires...LOL!

Trump has built himself Americas dumbest swamp...wow! #-o

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Re: Rick Perry suggests fossil fuels could reduce sexual assault in Africa

Post by GARY C » Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:56 am

The Sierra Club wants him to step down because he is taking their power grab away but he is not entirely wrong about light deterring crime, I grew up in the criminal element and I can tell you that they flee like rats when a light comes on. .

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:06 am

GARY C wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:56 am
The Sierra Club wants him to step down because he is taking their power grab away but he is not entirely wrong about light deterring crime, I grew up in the criminal element and I can tell you that they flee like rats when a light comes on. .
Correct..light deters crime.

Normal people would not use that as a reason to promote fossil fuels however. Fossil fuels obviously have many many positive impacts on people lives.

Bringing up sexual assault like he did it just creepy and weird.

We need to remember Perry is running the very department he wanted to get rid of...

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:33 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:06 am
GARY C wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:56 am
Correct..light deters crime.

Normal people would not use that as a reason to promote fossil fuels however. Fossil fuels obviously have many many positive impacts on people lives.

Bringing up sexual assault like he did it just creepy and weird.

We need to remember Perry is running the very department he wanted to get rid of...
Politicians always use the extreme to promote an agenda, I wonder if there is a video? The way the media writes thing now days I always like to here what was said to see if it was taken out of context.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:56 am

If it involves anyone from the Trump administration, especially Rick Perry, you can bet your ass it was taken out of context if not completely fabricated.

In this case, however, Rick told a story of a young woman who expressed her concerns about lighting and he was trounced by the usual alt-left idiots.

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:21 pm

They don't want nothing stepping on their religion and their religion is against any kind of natural thing like OIL as a fuel source, they have fully demonized it. The whole of their control rests on the climate religion of the demo c rats, they are the true deniers of the science. I wish the sun would go out for a month so they could see where the warming comes from.

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:02 pm

Light deters crime for it makes the criminals visible. They KNOW they are doing wrong. That's why they do not like to be publically identified. They detest being visible when they are up to their malarky.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:12 pm

Ratu wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:02 pm
Light deters crime for it makes the criminals visible. They KNOW they are doing wrong. That's why they do not like to be publically identified. They detest being visible when they are up to their malarky.
This ^^^, and now in our Country they are starting to wear block hoodies and crap like that to hide their faces, even in the light!

pdq67

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:03 pm

pdq67

Hoodies! Yes, I've noticed that there are those who want to look like some sort of low criminal who seem to gravitate to that item of attire. It has become a fashion amongst them.

Not so far from home is a shopping mall where the shops do not allow the hoodie wearing nonsense. People who insist on wearing them are not welcomed into the shops. They will not be served and are asked to leave immediately. If they don't depart with sufficient haste then it escalates into trespass and along come security and the Police. Game over.

Hoodies look silly. When I was young they were the type of attire worn by somewhat socially awkward nerdy types, misfits or geeks. They attracted derision, laughter and "some mothers do have 'em" humour (there was a British comedy of that name which was very popular). Funny how turkeys who think of themselves as "street toughs" wear the clothes of the weak nerdy misfit these days. What is also comedic about them are the falling down pants, untied shoelaces, indeed the entire appearance and utterance of the breed. They are dependant parasites every single one. Not one has an independent thought of its own. None of them has any value to anyone else. And THAT is where lies their greatest peril. They have no value to others...

Anyway, as a Matai said to us, light is a symbol of civilisation. Beware of those trying to hide from its illumination.

R

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:21 pm

Don't know how it went from mineral oil to hoodies. But yeah any hoodie lum should be stopped and frisked by the cops, then maybe they wouldn't be the desired clothes to wear.