Federal court bars Trump from changing military policy on transgender people

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Federal court bars Trump from changing military policy on transgender people

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:42 pm

http://nypost.com/2017/10/30/federal-co ... er-people/
A federal court in Washington is barring President Donald Trump from changing the government’s policy on military service by transgender people.

Trump announced in an August memo that he intended to reverse course on a 2016 policy that allowed troops to serve openly as transgender individuals. He said he would order a return to the policy prior to June 2016, under which service members could be discharged for being transgender.
More losing for trump.

Go trump Go!! :lol: =D>

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Re: Federal court bars Trump from changing military policy on transgender people

Post by GARY C » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:46 pm

Let them go, put them all in their own platoon and send them into combat!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: Federal court bars Trump from changing military policy on transgender people

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm

GARY C wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:46 pm
Agree..if they can handle the job I don't care whats in their pants.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:21 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
GARY C wrote:
Thats been the biggest issue, they want to go they just don't want to do what everyone else does.

Thats why they had don't ask don't tell..if you can do the job we don't care who you sleep with.

statsystems
Guru
Guru

Post by statsystems » Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:20 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:09 pm
GARY C wrote:

Another who hasn't served telling people who to serve with.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:04 pm

statsystems wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:20 pm
I have not served but I have 6 family members in the service right now. All of them have the same opinion I do. What current service members think is what really matters. :mrgreen:

statsystems
Guru
Guru

Post by statsystems » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:04 pm
statsystems wrote:
I have not served but I have 6 family members in the service right now. All of them have the same opinion I do. What current service members think is what really matters. :mrgreen:

I can tell you no one I served with wanted anything to do with any of this crap. And, it really doesn't matter. The military isn't a democracy. Popular vote doesn't get you anything.

Just because you have 6 family members who served doesn't mean anything. Until YOU put on the camo tuxedo you needn't say anything.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:48 pm

statsystems wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:36 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:04 pm
statsystems wrote:

I can tell you no one I served with wanted anything to do with any of this crap. And, it really doesn't matter. The military isn't a democracy. Popular vote doesn't get you anything.

Just because you have 6 family members who served doesn't mean anything. Until YOU put on the camo tuxedo you needn't say anything.
I agree totally. If you don't respect your tent mate, or fox hole buddy, you can't feel comfortable.
Nam taught us about fragging and intentional friendly fire. We don't need to do that again.

The military is not like a day job. The work rules involve life and death, even during training operations. The courts should have no say in its operations and procedures.
Bad enough that Congress meddles like they do.

lefty o
Pro
Pro

Post by lefty o » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:30 pm

besides having trust and respect for someone who's life may depend on you or vice versa, we the people should not be paying for these freaks chosen medical care.

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Post by dirtracr5 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:19 pm

My sister is a sergeant in the national guard. She has a few transgender-gay soldiers under her command. She says it's a non issue. They've never had a issue. If they did they'd be treated like anyone else.