Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:19 am

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-ally-r ... 29521.html
Twitter has suspended the account of Roger Stone ― a notorious Republican political operative and longtime friend and former adviser to Donald Trump ― after Stone went on a vicious, profane tirade against several CNN journalists.

Stone exploded shortly after the network was the first to report Friday night that a federal grand jury in Washington, D.C., had filed initial charges in the investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election. No details were available about the sealed indictments, but an arrest could be made as early as Monday, CNN reported.

Stone attacked several CNN anchors and contributors by name, including Jake Tapper, Bill Kristol, Carl Bernstein, Don Lemon and Ana Navarro, as well as New York Times columnist Charles Blow.

He called Lemon an “ignorant lying covksucker” (sic), and a “dull witted arrogant partyboi,” adding: “You fake news you dumb piece of shit.” He said Lemon should be “humiliated, mocked and punished.” Stone also said that Tapper should be “severely punished.”

He called Navarro a “dumbfuck,” and attacked Kristol for his appearance, saying he was “packing on the pounds.”
What a moron! :lol: [-X

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4836
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by 1989TransAm » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:29 pm

For telling the truth they suspended him. I heard the suspension was for life.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:56 pm

Even if it's true, and it is in this case, it's only "Free Speech" if it agrees with the left.

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3319
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by GARY C » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm

I have seen people suspended for less and some allowed even worse, If your conservative and you point out the Muslim terrorism being carried out on almost a daily bases in the UK you will get banned, if you are liberal and call for the assassination of the sitting pres you are fine! This has been going on all year!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:48 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:56 pm
Even if it's true, and it is in this case, it's only "Free Speech" if it agrees with the left.
It's alot like the NFL. You have a right to free speech on your own time. When you do it using somebody elses service/platform (twitter) they have no constitutional obligation to allow it.

I'd be willing to bet the twitter TOS allows them to ban anybody at any time for any reason.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:51 pm

GARY C wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm
I have seen people suspended for less and some allowed even worse, If your conservative and you point out the Muslim terrorism being carried out on almost a daily bases in the UK you will get banned, if you are liberal and call for the assassination of the sitting pres you are fine! This has been going on all year!
With that low standard how has trump not been banned yet??

Maybe the liberal twitter WANTS him to keep tweeting... :shock:

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by engineczar » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:53 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:48 pm
RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:56 pm
Even if it's true, and it is in this case, it's only "Free Speech" if it agrees with the left.
It's alot like the NFL. You have a right to free speech on your own time. When you do it using somebody elses service (twitter) they have no constitutional obligation to allow it.

I'd be willing to bet the twitter TOS allows them to ban anybody at any time for any reason.
That might be the case but it sets up a pretty questionable standard especially when you see what people like Keith Olbermann have tweeted in the past without getting the same suspension. Seems like quite the double standard in use by Twitter.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:55 pm

engineczar wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:53 pm
That might be the case but it sets up a pretty questionable standard especially when you see what people like Keith Olbermann have tweeted in the past without getting the same suspension. Seems like quite the double standard in use by Twitter.
It the same standard used by news outlets like occupy democrats, red state watcher, breitbart ect.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2115
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:58 pm

GARY C wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm
I have seen people suspended for less and some allowed even worse, If your conservative and you point out the Muslim terrorism being carried out on almost a daily bases in the UK you will get banned, if you are liberal and call for the assassination of the sitting pres you are fine! This has been going on all year!
This^^^

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Ally Roger Stone Suspended From Twitter After Vicious Attacks On CNN Journalists

Post by sanfordandson » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:04 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:58 pm
GARY C wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:46 pm
I have seen people suspended for less and some allowed even worse, If your conservative and you point out the Muslim terrorism being carried out on almost a daily bases in the UK you will get banned, if you are liberal and call for the assassination of the sitting pres you are fine! This has been going on all year!
This^^^
Forgot to say welcome back Rev. You must have made it all the way through snowflake therapy? Hope you don't relapse... \:D/

Post Reply