The Science of Disinformation

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:15 pm

joe 90 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 am
I'm still waiting to hear all about who created the creator?



For some strange reason it never seems to get mentioned?

Must be a bit too hard?


To actually do a bit of brain work for a change instead of just quoting some numbers out of a book?
Your assuming the creator was created, you know what they say about assumptions.

The real problem you should ask your self is how does your belief support an eternal being called dirt?

Circlotron
Expert
Expert
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Melbourne, Straya

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by Circlotron » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 am

joe 90 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 am
I'm still waiting to hear all about who created the creator?

For some strange reason it never seems to get mentioned?

Must be a bit too hard?

To actually do a bit of brain work for a change instead of just quoting some numbers out of a book?
Us humans can't create a universe from scratch.
If someone created both the universe and us then clearly they made us with less abilities than they themself possess.
If that is the case then it should come as no surprise that there are some things beyond our understanding. And besides, is it not the height of arrogance to think that because one cannot understand something therefore it cannot possible be so?

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert
Posts: 988
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:29 pm

Circlotron wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 am
joe 90 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 am
I'm still waiting to hear all about who created the creator?

For some strange reason it never seems to get mentioned?

Must be a bit too hard?

To actually do a bit of brain work for a change instead of just quoting some numbers out of a book?
Us humans can't create a universe from scratch.
If someone created both the universe and us then clearly they made us with less abilities than they themself possess.
If that is the case then it should come as no surprise that there are some things beyond our understanding. And besides, is it not the height of arrogance to think that because one cannot understand something therefore it cannot possible be so?
Great post. Most of the supposed highly educated of mankind think they know everything, they have not even scratched the surface. Personally I think why most atheists don't want to believe in an almighty god is because of religion, as it does more to turn some people away from the belief than bring them to it. And then there are some that just don't want to give up their debase way of life either.

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:16 pm

It's like one man said, suppose you know 1/2 of everything, is it possible the thing you think doesn't exist is in the 1/2 you don't know?

Or as another scientist put it.
There is a 50/50 chance that God exist, if He does then we better find out who He is and what He wants because He made us and this planet and He sets the rules...If He desn't exist then we are hurling though outer space at 66,000 mph and no one is i control!
Both thoughts are frightening and have major consequences!

joe 90
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 am
Location: The land of the long white cloud

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by joe 90 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm

66,000 MPH???


hahahahaha.


No, much faster than that.

lefty o
Pro
Pro
Posts: 396
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by lefty o » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 pm

joe 90 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm
66,000 MPH???


hahahahaha.


No, much faster than that.
guess everyone should be wearing a helmet!!!! :P

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:47 am

joe 90 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm
66,000 MPH???


hahahahaha.


No, much faster than that.
How fast?

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:22 am

lefty o wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:40 pm
joe 90 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm
66,000 MPH???


hahahahaha.


No, much faster than that.
guess everyone should be wearing a helmet!!!! :P
I would not recommend a full face unless you like your own puke!

joe 90
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 am
Location: The land of the long white cloud

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by joe 90 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:06 am

GARY C wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:47 am
joe 90 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm
66,000 MPH???


hahahahaha.


No, much faster than that.
How fast?
You need some sort of reference point.
The bible says the earth is the centre of the universe but it's not......Or is it?
You're saying that the sun is the centre but it's not.......Or maybe it is?
Maybe the black hole in the centre of the milky way is the centre.....but it's not.

It's an impossible answer.

Circlotron
Expert
Expert
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Melbourne, Straya

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by Circlotron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:34 am

joe 90 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:06 am
The bible says the earth is the centre of the universe
You sound very certain of that. Is it something you read in the Bible yourself or is it something someone told you and you accepted without verifying, the sort of thing you say other people do all the time? Could you provide a chapter and verse reference to support your statement?

joe 90
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 am
Location: The land of the long white cloud

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by joe 90 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:57 am


Circlotron
Expert
Expert
Posts: 565
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:56 am
Location: Melbourne, Straya

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by Circlotron » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:05 am

The last reference you provided contradicts your statement that the Bible says the earth is the centre of the universe.
This “geocentric” view is still held today by a few people, although Scripture does not require it
And as far the sun staying put in the middle of the heavens for an extended time, Joshua 10:13 is saying that the sun’s apparent position in the sky stopped for quite a while at the halfway point, that is, directly overhead as if midday. Seeing I didn’t make the universe, I can’t explain that event, only that it is describing the apparent motion of the sun across the sky on one particular occasion, not the location of the sun in space per se.

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:35 am

joe 90 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:06 am
GARY C wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:47 am
joe 90 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:37 pm
66,000 MPH???


hahahahaha.


No, much faster than that.
How fast?
You need some sort of reference point.
The bible says the earth is the centre of the universe but it's not......Or is it?
You're saying that the sun is the centre but it's not.......Or maybe it is?
Maybe the black hole in the centre of the milky way is the centre.....but it's not.

It's an impossible answer.
So you don't know if it is 66,000 or not.
The bible says what?
I said what?
Where do you come up with all this?

Joshua 10:12-13King James Version (KJV)

12 Then spake Joshua to the Lord in the day when the Lord delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.

13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

joe 90
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1973
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 am
Location: The land of the long white cloud

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by joe 90 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:39 pm

GARY C wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:35 am

So you don't know if it is 66,000 or not.

Speed doesn't exist without a point of reference.
How are you going to define that point of reference?


If the earth is flat and the sun goes around the earth...then the speed is zero.
But the earth goes around the sun, the sun goes around the milky way and out galaxy goes around something else.

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3339
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:06 pm

joe 90 wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:39 pm
GARY C wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:35 am

So you don't know if it is 66,000 or not.

Speed doesn't exist without a point of reference.
How are you going to define that point of reference?


If the earth is flat and the sun goes around the earth...then the speed is zero.
But the earth goes around the sun, the sun goes around the milky way and out galaxy goes around something else.
I think you have been studying A little to much new age religion.

Post Reply