The Science of Disinformation

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
Fireonthemountain
Member
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 pm

The Science of Disinformation

Post by Fireonthemountain » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:08 pm

The Science of Disinformation

Those of us who know what is going on, or suspect and raise questions are being under systematic attack by the evil doers, and the public at large. These are facts and not opinions...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DO-Joosnm0

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:21 pm

Yep! If you want to understand how deep and distorted it is here is the documentary on the history of it.
It's as subtle as convincing Americans that Bacon and Eggs are the perfect breakfast or how adding the words "add one egg" turned a product no one would buy into one they couldn't keep on the shelf, this was in the 20's and people still do it and have no idea.

"The story of the relationship between Sigmund Freud and his American nephew, Edward Bernays. Bernays invented the public relations profession in the 1920s and was the first person to take Freud's ideas to manipulate the masses. He showed American corporations how they could make people want things they didn't need by systematically linking mass-produced goods to their unconscious desires."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnPmg0R1M04

Fireonthemountain
Member
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by Fireonthemountain » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:46 am

Very aware of Edward Bernays, and Freud, and, Jung and Adler. I also gain insight to the puzzle palace when I worked for it in the late 60s, but left within a few years. There is persuasion and then there is..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxeAzrlarok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgHEaR20wn8

This all went way past all legal and ethicals boundaries.

O course to take total control you have to control what people know and see and hear, so we see the print news, for example, or radio or TV owned by only a few people. The diversity we once had is gone, and most political or news battles are as phony as the battles of Pro Wrestling. Giving them the illusion of freedom and choice.

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:14 pm

Yes, that would be why when programing went digital the gov started giving out conversion boxes, they couldn't risk that people might realize how good life is without the mind control box called TV...I found that out years ago when I quit paying for satellite tv.

Fireonthemountain
Member
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by Fireonthemountain » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:06 pm

GARY C wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:14 pm
Yes, that would be why when programing went digital the gov started giving out conversion boxes, they couldn't risk that people might realize how good life is without the mind control box called TV...I found that out years ago when I quit paying for satellite tv.
I quit regular TV about 1990 when Direct TV came out, with a lot better picture if you had the TV for it, sound, and lots of channel choices for less and they could be changed almost instantly, for no extra charge. I quit that about 2003 when I realized all my time was spent on the Internet, and got no real benefit anymore from having a satellite service anymore. I got on the internet about 1997, and from that point on spent little time even watching any TV.

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:21 pm

Fireonthemountain wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:06 pm
GARY C wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:14 pm
Yes, that would be why when programing went digital the gov started giving out conversion boxes, they couldn't risk that people might realize how good life is without the mind control box called TV...I found that out years ago when I quit paying for satellite tv.
I quit regular TV about 1990 when Direct TV came out, with a lot better picture if you had the TV for it, sound, and lots of channel choices for less and they could be changed almost instantly, for no extra charge. I quit that about 2003 when I realized all my time was spent on the Internet, and got no real benefit anymore from having a satellite service anymore. I got on the internet about 1997, and from that point on spent little time even watching any TV.
About the same time frame here, I realized I was paying $80.00 a mnth for a bunch of crap that was of little or no use and almost everything I wanted to watch was available for free on the interweb plus I could search a counter narrative and get both perspectives from multiple sources and make up my own mind. :)

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5642
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by David Redszus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm

There is no such thing as "The science of Disinformation".

There never has been.

There have been many attempts and claims to be able to perform mind control, all have been proven to be false.

But the beat goes on.

paulzig
Pro
Pro
Posts: 329
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:29 am
Location: Australia

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by paulzig » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:07 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm

There have been many attempts and claims to be able to perform mind control, all have been proven to be false.

I'll make sure I let the muslims know this :)

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5642
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by David Redszus » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 pm

paulzig wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:07 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm

There have been many attempts and claims to be able to perform mind control, all have been proven to be false.

I'll make sure I let the muslims know this :)
Good. What communication channels will you use?
How will you know if they received your insights?

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert
Posts: 986
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:45 pm

Since in most cases truth is difficult to stomach, so then people will gravitate to lies and disinformation.

Firedome8
Expert
Expert
Posts: 928
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:03 pm

https://youtu.be/5lvU-DislkI

wtf u call this,,looks like mind control!!!! but I can't tell.

joe 90
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 am
Location: The land of the long white cloud

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by joe 90 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:17 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm
There is no such thing as "The science of Disinformation".

There never has been.

There have been many attempts and claims to be able to perform mind control, all have been proven to be false.

But the beat goes on.
Going to church and singing songs on sundays....with your equally mind controlled friends.......that's a perfect example of mind control.
When it's done properly, the victims don't even know.

GARY C
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3328
Joined: Tue May 14, 2013 10:58 pm

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:27 pm

joe 90 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:17 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm
There is no such thing as "The science of Disinformation".

There never has been.

There have been many attempts and claims to be able to perform mind control, all have been proven to be false.

But the beat goes on.
Going to church and singing songs on sundays....with your equally mind controlled friends.......that's a perfect example of mind control.
When it's done properly, the victims don't even know.
The same could be said for concerts and sporting events. Some even take it to the extreme of building shines in their homes with the favorite player or singer and will brave the worst weather to sit for hours worshiping and praising.

joe 90
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1969
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 4:02 am
Location: The land of the long white cloud

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by joe 90 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 pm

All those people who wear "labels".
They think they're "cool" but they're doing advertising for free for others.

Which reminds me.......I was playing pool in the pub one night against a big Samoan man (yes I knew him).

He was wearing a tracktop with the branding FUBU all over it.
Halfway through the game I said to him .......do you know what FUBU means?
Reply........No.
It means [DELETE THIS POST] up beyond use.
He never wore it again.

I won of course.




On a slightly different track.
Who's been to see a hypnotist's show?
Some people are easily hypnotised.
Some are not.
Once you've been hypnotised , they can make you do lots of things.
Last edited by joe 90 on Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lefty o
Pro
Pro
Posts: 389
Joined: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:50 am

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by lefty o » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:00 pm

joe 90 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:17 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:04 pm
There is no such thing as "The science of Disinformation".

There never has been.

There have been many attempts and claims to be able to perform mind control, all have been proven to be false.

But the beat goes on.
Going to church and singing songs on sundays....with your equally mind controlled friends.......that's a perfect example of mind control.
When it's done properly, the victims don't even know.
this right here is the danged truth. there is some truth to the old saying, repeat something long enough and it becomes the truth. the church thing is absolutely the best example though, they have you from day 1 of your life in most cases.

Post Reply