The Science of Disinformation

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:41 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:51 pm
GARY C wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:43 pm
joe 90 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:08 pm
Was just watching a doco on TV the other night, about the natives of the pacific nothwest. Alaska, BC and Washington state.
What happened to them was pretty much the same as any other part of the British or USA empires.
The government wanted to steal the land so in order to do that had to destroy the culture and organisation first.
Laws were passed first to prevent cultural gatherings. When that doesn't work they send in the missionaries to introduce christianity. Then the children are forcibly removed from the families, brought up as christians by the missionaries and abused.
The same thing happened in Australia and to a certain extent in NZ too.
Can you prove your accusations?

Your post just confirms Gods warning from over 3000 years ago.
1 Samuel 8:4Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, 5And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations. 6But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD. 7And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them. 8According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee. 9Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.

Samuel's Warning About Kings

10And Samuel told all the words of the LORD unto the people that asked of him a king. 11And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots. 12And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots. 13And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers. 14And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants. 15And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants. 16And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work. 17He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants. 18And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.

God Grants the Request

19Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us; 20That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles. 21And Samuel heard all the words of the people, and he rehearsed them in the ears of the LORD. 22And the LORD said to Samuel, Hearken unto their voice, and make them a king. And Samuel said unto the men of Israel, Go ye every man unto his city.
I am sure it would be better if the priests ran the show,,,notice Samuel told the words of the Lord,,,,
It appears it would be better if people believed what God said...NOTE...He gave them what they requested and we can witness today that what He warned of then still holds true today!

You pride yourself on logical thinking, does that sound like something you record over and over in a book that you intend to control people with?

If so, how do you make it hold true in every culture around the world for 3000 years?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBER AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:58 am

The Choice between a king or a priest is no choice when god picks the king. The revolutionary war was all about getting away from such nonsense and replacing that line of thinking with ,,,"We the people" . And the new deal was ment to relate to a much broader flock , hence peters dream that you can eat bacon !

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:23 am

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man & his god, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;" thus building a wall of eternal separation between Church & State.

Thomas Jefferson

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:29 pm

You're making the mistake of not understanding that the founders were sick of the Roman Catholic Church using "By the will of God, I proclaim..." to squash anyone who wasn't "royalty" and squeeze them out of basically everything through taxation and is in clear violation of "Thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vain" with somehow thinking the founders were atheists.

And how many "by the will of God we..." and "in God we..." quotes did you scroll right over to find one that you felt was good enough to post, even though you didn't understand its entirety?

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 3:56 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 12:29 pm
You're making the mistake of not understanding that the founders were sick of the Roman Catholic Church using "By the will of God, I proclaim..." to squash anyone who wasn't "royalty" and squeeze them out of basically everything through taxation and is in clear violation of "Thou shalt not use the Lord's name in vain" with somehow thinking the founders were atheists.

And how many "by the will of God we..." and "in God we..." quotes did you scroll right over to find one that you felt was good enough to post, even though you didn't understand its entirety?
Not even a nice try !

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:21 pm

I expected at least four ridiculous links in a row. I must be slippin', lol

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:04 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:21 pm
I expected at least four ridiculous links in a row. I must be slippin', lol
That is all you got ? Next

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:22 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:58 am
The Choice between a king or a priest is no choice when god picks the king. The revolutionary war was all about getting away from such nonsense and replacing that line of thinking with ,,,"We the people" . And the new deal was ment to relate to a much broader flock , hence peters dream that you can eat bacon !
God may put a king before you but He has given you the choice to accept or reject, that part is on you.

In the words of Rush, "If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice!"
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBER AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:17 pm

Romans 13:1

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:29 pm

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:14 am

This from Thomas Jefferson in an April 11, 1823, letter to John Adams:

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. ... But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding....

Hummm

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:08 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:29 pm
Yes you are correct, you should follow Godly leaders.
Please Note!

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:14 am
This from Thomas Jefferson in an April 11, 1823, letter to John Adams:

The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus by the Supreme Being in the womb of a virgin, will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. ... But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding....

Hummm
This from Timothy 60 AD!
1This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, 3Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God; 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. 8Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. 9But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.
Please Note!

dragz

Post by dragz » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:40 am
Belief in devils and demons is fake news at its best and shows the power of disinformation. And such beliefs invade all aspects of a persons worldview and shows a lack of reason. That beeing Said I never tried to look at any situation and not use reason. I do not want to try nor know how to convince myself that demons cause disease or tempt people to do bad things it simply defies logic.

As far as disease, I don't know any scripture that blames Satan or the demons for disease.

As far as whether they exist or not, .... I don't fool with that stuff, but do you think fortune telling and Ouija boards etc are fake and don't

actually do some of the things they are reported to do?

user-23911

Post by user-23911 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:26 am

dragz wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:41 pm

I don't fool with that stuff, but do you think fortune telling and Ouija boards etc are fake
Some of that stuff is actually real but the bible bashers call it playing with the devil.