The Science of Disinformation

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

joe 90
Guru
Guru

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by joe 90 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:51 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:00 pm

Yea go with the demons and talking snake theory ,,,you looked up all the references at the bottom of page or did you even read it? Gary you at so brainwashed, it is telling how powerful this BS is.

This brainwashing stuff???

For a car forum.......if you don't have the ability to think clearly........how do you put a car together or make it run.

Must be one of those sorts that goes out and buys the most shiny parts and bolts them together.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:54 am

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:34 am

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:43 am

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/30814527/ns/u ... ote-bible/

Why founding fathers wanted seperation of church and state. Religous war profiteers and nutters .

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:10 am

Absolutely false. All that shows is the reason we should never again vote on a muslim sympathizer who thinks America and white Christian males are the cause for the world's problems.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:38 am

RevTheory wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:10 am
Absolutely false. All that shows is the reason we should never again vote on a muslim sympathizer who thinks America and white Christian males are the cause for the world's problems.
Woefully ignorant of history

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:41 am

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:46 am

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 11:48 am

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:57 pm

The opinions I have advanced ... are the effect of the most clear and long-established conviction that the Bible and the Testament are impositions upon the world, that the fall of man, the account of Jesus Christ being the Son of God, and of his dying to appease the wrath of God, and of salvation, by that strange means, are all fabulous inventions, dishonorable to the wisdom and power of the Almighty; that the only true religion is Deism, by which I then meant, and mean now, the belief of one God, and an imitation of his moral character, or the practice of what are called moral virtues – and that it was upon this only (so far as religion is concerned) that I rested all my hopes of happiness hereafter. So say I now – and so help me God.

Thomas Paine

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 3:02 pm

"Here is my Creed, "I believe in one God, Creator of the Universe. That He governs it by His Providence. That he ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable Service we render to him, is doing Good to his other Children. That the Soul of Man is immortal, and will be treated with Justice in another Life respecting its Conduct in this ... As for Jesus of Nazareth ... I think the system of Morals and Religion as he left them to us, the best the World ever saw ... but I have ... some Doubts to his Divinity; though' it is a Question I do not dogmatism upon, having never studied it, and think it is needless to busy myself with it now, where I expect soon an Opportunity of knowing the Truth with less Trouble."

Ben Franklin

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Mon Dec 25, 2017 4:19 pm

I guess that's the greatest part of Christianity...You don't have to spend your life hoping that your or someone else theory is right you get to live in the evidence of reality to know the truth.

joe 90
Guru
Guru

Post by joe 90 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:08 pm

Was just watching a doco on TV the other night, about the natives of the pacific nothwest. Alaska, BC and Washington state.
What happened to them was pretty much the same as any other part of the British or USA empires.
The government wanted to steal the land so in order to do that had to destroy the culture and organisation first.
Laws were passed first to prevent cultural gatherings. When that doesn't work they send in the missionaries to introduce christianity. Then the children are forcibly removed from the families, brought up as christians by the missionaries and abused.
The same thing happened in Australia and to a certain extent in NZ too.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:43 pm

joe 90 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:08 pm
Was just watching a doco on TV the other night, about the natives of the pacific nothwest. Alaska, BC and Washington state.
What happened to them was pretty much the same as any other part of the British or USA empires.
The government wanted to steal the land so in order to do that had to destroy the culture and organisation first.
Laws were passed first to prevent cultural gatherings. When that doesn't work they send in the missionaries to introduce christianity. Then the children are forcibly removed from the families, brought up as christians by the missionaries and abused.
Can you prove your accusations?

Your post just confirms Gods warning from over 3000 years ago.
1 Samuel 8:4Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, 5And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations. 6But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD. 7And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them. 8According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee. 9Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.

Samuel's Warning About Kings

10And Samuel told all the words of the LORD unto the people that asked of him a king. 11And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots. 12And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots. 13And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers. 14And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants. 15And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants. 16And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work. 17He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants. 18And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.

God Grants the Request

19Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us; 20That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles. 21And Samuel heard all the words of the people, and he rehearsed them in the ears of the LORD. 22And the LORD said to Samuel, Hearken unto their voice, and make them a king. And Samuel said unto the men of Israel, Go ye every man unto his city.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:51 pm

GARY C wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:43 pm
joe 90 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2017 5:08 pm
Can you prove your accusations?

Your post just confirms Gods warning from over 3000 years ago.
1 Samuel 8:4Then all the elders of Israel gathered themselves together, and came to Samuel unto Ramah, 5And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations. 6But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD. 7And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them. 8According to all the works which they have done since the day that I brought them up out of Egypt even unto this day, wherewith they have forsaken me, and served other gods, so do they also unto thee. 9Now therefore hearken unto their voice: howbeit yet protest solemnly unto them, and shew them the manner of the king that shall reign over them.

Samuel's Warning About Kings

10And Samuel told all the words of the LORD unto the people that asked of him a king. 11And he said, This will be the manner of the king that shall reign over you: He will take your sons, and appoint them for himself, for his chariots, and to be his horsemen; and some shall run before his chariots. 12And he will appoint him captains over thousands, and captains over fifties; and will set them to ear his ground, and to reap his harvest, and to make his instruments of war, and instruments of his chariots. 13And he will take your daughters to be confectionaries, and to be cooks, and to be bakers. 14And he will take your fields, and your vineyards, and your oliveyards, even the best of them, and give them to his servants. 15And he will take the tenth of your seed, and of your vineyards, and give to his officers, and to his servants. 16And he will take your menservants, and your maidservants, and your goodliest young men, and your asses, and put them to his work. 17He will take the tenth of your sheep: and ye shall be his servants. 18And ye shall cry out in that day because of your king which ye shall have chosen you; and the LORD will not hear you in that day.

God Grants the Request

19Nevertheless the people refused to obey the voice of Samuel; and they said, Nay; but we will have a king over us; 20That we also may be like all the nations; and that our king may judge us, and go out before us, and fight our battles. 21And Samuel heard all the words of the people, and he rehearsed them in the ears of the LORD. 22And the LORD said to Samuel, Hearken unto their voice, and make them a king. And Samuel said unto the men of Israel, Go ye every man unto his city.
I am sure it would be better if the priests ran the show,,,notice Samuel told the words of the Lord,,,,