The Science of Disinformation

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Re: The Science of Disinformation

Post by GARY C » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Have you ever read the Thomas Jefferson bible ? Much clearer picture. Not all of the book is fictional but it is by no means a history book or a message from the gods.
Much clearer picture of what?

If it is not historically correct or authored by God then is it really a bible?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBER AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:57 pm

GARY C wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:48 pm
Have you ever read the Thomas Jefferson bible ? Much clearer picture. Not all of the book is fictional but it is by no means a history book or a message from the gods.

It has some historical truth and literary significance in the effect it has had on civilization. Authored by a god, ummm no. Is thair a god of the universe ?? I do not know ! Is the tribal god of a bronze age community delving into demons witches,animal and human sacrifice said god, I am convinced that the evidence says not.

Jefferson edited out the hocus pocus and left a more realistic story. According to him!

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:51 pm

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:57 pm
GARY C wrote:

It has some historical truth and literary significance in the effect it has had on civilization. Authored by a god, ummm no. Is thair a god of the universe ?? I do not know ! Is the tribal god of a bronze age community delving into demons witches,animal and human sacrifice said god, I am convinced that the evidence says not.

Jefferson edited out the hocus pocus and left a more realistic story. According to him!
So do you think Jefferson would be more correct than the people that were actually there at the times of the events being recorded?

If me and your great grand mother wrote separate books about the life of your grand father who do you think would be more accurately detailed about what occurred in his life?
Please Note!
THE ABOVE POST IN NO WAY REFLECTS THE VIEWS OF SPEED TALK OR IT'S MEMBER AND SHOULD BE VIEWED AS ENTERTAINMENT ONLY...Thanks, The Management!

paulzig
Pro
Pro

Post by paulzig » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:49 am

GARY C wrote:

Considering it cant be proven that any bible was 'authored' by 'god' whats the point of comparing bible versions?

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 am

paulzig wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:49 am
GARY C wrote:

Considering it cant be proven that any bible was 'authored' by 'god' whats the point of comparing bible versions?
Actually it can but one has to be willing to look at it.
Please Note!

paulzig
Pro
Pro

Post by paulzig » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 am

GARY C wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 am
paulzig wrote:
GARY C wrote:

You would have to prove the existence of god before you could attribute any text to him/her/it ... If one takes your position you could attribute the Quran to Allah.. Lets face it, Islam came AFTER christianity so if that is the new revision you are in a world of hurt come judgment day because Allah hates idolatry. They only recognise Jesus as a prophet like Mohammed and since you see god and Jesus as the same sort of deal Allah is going to be pissed at you...

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:32 am

paulzig wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:06 am
GARY C wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:01 am
paulzig wrote:

You would have to prove the existence of god before you could attribute any text to him/her/it ... If one takes your position you could attribute the Quran to Allah.. Lets face it, Islam came AFTER christianity so if that is the new revision you are in a world of hurt come judgment day because Allah hates idolatry. They only recognise Jesus as a prophet like Mohammed and since you see god and Jesus as the same sort of deal Allah is going to be pissed at you...
You have that backwards, the text proves the God of the bible to be the one true God and is the purpose for the text.

The Koran has no history with the exception of what it took from the bible and has 0 prophecy to confirm anything about it.
Please Note!

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am

GARY C wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 5:39 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
GARY C wrote:

So do you think Jefferson would be more correct than the people that were actually there at the times of the events being recorded?

If me and your great grand mother wrote separate books about the life of your grand father who do you think would be more accurately detailed about what occurred in his life?
He edited out obvious nonsense and supernatural BS

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:18 am
GARY C wrote:
Firedome8 wrote:

How would he, you or anyone know what to edit out?

If you edit out what you don't like then you just created a man made God so why bother?
Please Note!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:33 pm

Remember what happened to the one that said, "I will"......

pdq67

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:38 pm

GARY C wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:32 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
GARY C wrote:

If you edit out what you don't like then you just created a man made God so why bother?
Easy Edit out obvious BS , start with the creation story because certain people are susceptible and next thing ya know they think it is reality and next thing masses of people believe absurd stories and react in ways that has screwed man's development since the beginning.

Why bother,,,,so maybe civilation can get past the primitive state of opposing god beliefs and move ahead solving problems. Take the middle east nutters arguing what god gave to their ancestors and who's side god favors ,, it's absurdity and it is fueled by the god delusion and power brokers that are in on said delusion.

GARY C
Guru
Guru

Post by GARY C » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:04 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:38 pm
GARY C wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:32 pm
Firedome8 wrote:

Easy Edit out obvious BS , start with the creation story because certain people are susceptible and next thing ya know they think it is reality and next thing masses of people believe absurd stories and react in ways that has screwed man's development since the beginning.

Why bother,,,,so maybe civilation can get past the primitive state of opposing god beliefs and move ahead solving problems. Take the middle east nutters arguing what god gave to their ancestors and who's side god favors ,, it's absurdity and it is fueled by the god delusion and power brokers that are in on said delusion.
If it's obvious then surly you can show proof.
The screwed up mans development going on in the US today was predicted precisely by both the founders and the Christians during the 60's to the present of what would happen if God was taken out of our society.
Keep in mind it's the Godless that do not believe the science of biology.
The answers and evidence are there refusing those is what screws up mans development.
Please Note!

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:20 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
GARY C wrote:
Firedome8 wrote:

What is supernatural BS???? What it usually is, is just something a weak mind does not understand.

Circlotron
Expert
Expert

Post by Circlotron » Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:45 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:38 pm
Take the middle east nutters arguing what god gave to their ancestors and who's side god favors
If they had any faith at all in their respective gods they would leave matters in his hands instead of taking it upon themselves, and then justifying any atrocity by claiming it was at his direction.

Romans 12:19
Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord.