Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4497
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by Ken0069 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:56 am

You can tell when the nerve in his pocket book got hit!! That old saying that: MONEY TALKS and bullshit walks applies here! =D>

Here's the Ultimatum Jerry Jones Just Gave Cowboys Players Over Anthem
Leah Barkoukis
Oct 09, 2017 7:30 AM
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones has given his players an ultimatum regarding the national anthem. If a player chooses to disrespect the flag, he will not play in the game—and it’s as simple as that.

"If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play," he said following the team’s loss to the Green Bay Packers, 35-31. "Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play. Period."

Jones’s comments came after being asked about Vice President Mike Pence, who left the Indianapolis Colts-San Francisco 49ers game on Sunday when more than 20 players from the 49ers knelt during the national anthem.

"I know this, we cannot ... in the NFL in any way give the implication that we tolerate disrespecting the flag," he said. "We know that there is a serious debate in this country about those issues, but there is no question in my mind that the National Football League and the Dallas Cowboys are going to stand up for the flag. So we're clear."

Two weeks ago Jones knelt arm in arm with his players before the national anthem at a game against the Arizona Cardinals. But he said respect for the flag is more important than any issues regarding team unity.

"We as a team are very much on the page together," Jones said. "We made our expression. I'm very supportive of the team, but under no circumstances will the Dallas Cowboys -- I don't care what happens -- under no circumstances will we as an organization, coaches, players, not support and stand and recognize and honor the flag. Period."

He continued: "There is no room here if it comes between looking non-supportive of our players and of each other or creating the impression that you're disrespecting the flag, we will be non-supportive of each other."

"We will not disrespect the flag," he said.
The List Rev A =;
Image
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

Firedome8
Expert
Expert
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am

Did that CS eaver hear of the first amendment ? No law says you must stand for the NA but the law says you do have the wright not to. peaceful protest at its finest ! The constitution is great isn't it. Love that First amendment. I served my country to protect the rights of people to protest.

mitch
Pro
Pro
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by mitch » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am
Did that CS eaver hear of the first amendment ? No law says you must stand for the NA but the law says you do have the wright not to. peaceful protest at its finest ! The constitution is great isn't it. Love that First amendment. I served my country to protect the rights of people to protest.
You have to listen to what the man that pays you says also

mitch
Pro
Pro
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by mitch » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:20 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am
Did that CS eaver hear of the first amendment ? No law says you must stand for the NA but the law says you do have the wright not to. peaceful protest at its finest ! The constitution is great isn't it. Love that First amendment. I served my country to protect the rights of people to protest.
What unit did you serve in and for how long ?

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4341
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:37 am

mitch wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:20 am
Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am
Did that CS eaver hear of the first amendment ? No law says you must stand for the NA but the law says you do have the wright not to. peaceful protest at its finest ! The constitution is great isn't it. Love that First amendment. I served my country to protect the rights of people to protest.
What unit did you serve in and for how long ?
Ive been waiting for the first "if you didnt serve you cant have an opinion" post.

Surprised it took this long. :lol:

Firedome8
Expert
Expert
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am

mitch wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 am
Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am
Did that CS eaver hear of the first amendment ? No law says you must stand for the NA but the law says you do have the wright not to. peaceful protest at its finest ! The constitution is great isn't it. Love that First amendment. I served my country to protect the rights of people to protest.
You have to listen to what the man that pays you says also
I agree, Up to the point of violating your rights under the constitution

Firedome8
Expert
Expert
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 am

mitch wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:20 am
Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am
Did that CS eaver hear of the first amendment ? No law says you must stand for the NA but the law says you do have the wright not to. peaceful protest at its finest ! The constitution is great isn't it. Love that First amendment. I served my country to protect the rights of people to protest.
What unit did you serve in and for how long ?
USMC 3 years.

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 858
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by engineczar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:52 am

Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 am
USMC 3 years.
Thank you for your service

mitch
Pro
Pro
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by mitch » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:33 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 am
mitch wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:20 am
Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am
Did that CS eaver hear of the first amendment ? No law says you must stand for the NA but the law says you do have the wright not to. peaceful protest at its finest ! The constitution is great isn't it. Love that First amendment. I served my country to protect the rights of people to protest.
What unit did you serve in and for how long ?
USMC 3 years.
Thanks for your service

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6119
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:56 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am
mitch wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 am
Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:00 am
Did that CS eaver hear of the first amendment ? No law says you must stand for the NA but the law says you do have the wright not to. peaceful protest at its finest ! The constitution is great isn't it. Love that First amendment. I served my country to protect the rights of people to protest.
You have to listen to what the man that pays you says also
I agree, Up to the point of violating your rights under the constitution
They are being paid while out on the field.

mitch
Pro
Pro
Posts: 432
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 8:38 am

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by mitch » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:24 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:56 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am
mitch wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:15 am


You have to listen to what the man that pays you says also
I agree, Up to the point of violating your rights under the constitution
They are being paid while out on the field.
When they have their uniform on and in the stadium they are on the clock. If you work for someone else you could lose your job for posting on speedtalk if the right person sees what you post and they do not like it.Not sure about you but I was taught that actions always have consequences and sometimes its best to keep those actions to yourself.Look what Kap would be doing right now if someone would have taught him that

Firedome8
Expert
Expert
Posts: 943
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:31 pm

mitch wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:24 pm
1989TransAm wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:56 pm
Firedome8 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am


I agree, Up to the point of violating your rights under the constitution
They are being paid while out on the field.
When they have their uniform on and in the stadium they are on the clock. If you work for someone else you could lose your job for posting on speedtalk if the right person sees what you post and they do not like it.Not sure about you but I was taught that actions always have consequences and sometimes its best to keep those actions to yourself.Look what Kap would be doing right now if someone would have taught him that
They have a right to protest,,but you have a point.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 6235
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Jerry Jones Lays Down The Law To Cowboys Players!!

Post by David Redszus » Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:12 pm

When they have their uniform on and in the stadium they are on the clock. If you work for someone else you could lose your job for posting on speedtalk if the right person sees what you post and they do not like it.Not sure about you but I was taught that actions always have consequences and sometimes its best to keep those actions to yourself.Look what Kap would be doing right now if someone would have taught him that.
Mitch, I agree.

While players certainly have the right of free speech per the First Amendment, free speech is subject to consequences. Certainly free speech that is insulting to my values will be met with strong objection and consequences; I have rights too.

More importantly, those players are very, very stupid and have no idea what they are protesting about. If they did, they would use their fame and fortune to help correct issues of black on black crime which leads to police shootings (more whites are shot by police than blacks) and apparent racial discrimination.

If only those dopes had spent a little more time in the classroom and less on the gridiron damaging their brains, blacks would be better off as would we all.

I'd love to see Hell's Angels meet those players in the stadium parking lot after the game. :lol: :lol:

Post Reply