I bet the NFL is hurting.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

mk e
Guru
Guru

Re: I bet the NFL is hurting.

Post by mk e » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:22 am

David Redszus wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:32 pm

An estimated 45.3 percent of American households — roughly 77.5 million — will pay no
federal individual income tax, according to data for the 2015 tax year from the Tax Policy

When it comes to all federal taxes — individual income, payroll, excise, corporate
income and estate taxes — the distributions of who pays what is more spread out.
This is partially because nearly everyone pays excise taxes, which include taxes on
gasoline, alcohol and cigarettes.
Saying 45% pay no federal income tax is quite different than say in 45%pay no tax as the end of of lost tries to point out....but still misses the point.

The lowest income people earn there income through wages and spend 100% of what they have. Because they earn wages they pay payroll tax of about 16%, 12% social security tax, in most states there are property and sales taxes along with income taxes....so by %income the lowerest earners pay the highest % in taxes. That is what a progressive income tax rate is designed to address, but it only partially works and any non-wage income is taxed at far lower rates so the wealthiest pay 0-15%, the poorest closer to 50%.

If you want to be honest in your accounting........
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:08 am

Another week, another hit in the ratings! How does this look to you for a Sunday afternoon NFL game, and notice that those are 50 yd line seats that are empty? :roll:

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:39 pm

Saying 45% pay no federal income tax is quite different than say in 45%pay no tax as the end of of lost tries to point out....but still misses the point.
The topic was federal tax reform; it was not about state or local taxes. It is quite correct to say that almost half of America pays no federal income tax.
The lowest income people earn there income through wages and spend 100% of what they have. Because they earn wages they pay payroll tax of about 16%, 12% social security tax,
Your numbers are wrong. Wage earners pay 6.2% social security tax. Their employer pays another 6.2% but receives absolutely no benefit from doing so. Another example of an attempt to soak the rich. For many businesses, China is looking better all the time.
in most states there are property and sales taxes along with income taxes....so by %income the lowerest earners pay the highest % in taxes. That is what a progressive income tax rate is designed to address, but it only partially works and any non-wage income is taxed at far lower rates so the wealthiest pay 0-15%, the poorest closer to 50%.
Your premise is bogus. Who says that a "progressive" tax is fair? Why should I pay a higher tax rate on a larger income (a double whammy) when I receive no additional benefits or services for my additional tax payments? This is clearly communism at work.

Remember: There ain't no free lunch.
Except for Dumbocraps who want to take my lunch and give it to someone who will vote for them.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:30 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:39 pm
For many businesses, China is looking better all the time.
Tell that to the business that have been abruptly shut down due to air pollution concerns. Right before Christmas no less. Perfect time to shut down a factory right at their busiest point in the year. #-o

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:33 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:39 pm
Your premise is bogus. Who says that a "progressive" tax is fair? Why should I pay a higher tax rate on a larger income (a double whammy) when I receive no additional benefits or services for my additional tax payments? This is clearly communism at work.
There is a Huge difference between "pay no federal income tax" and "pay no tax".

The poorest people pay the highest % of their incomes in tax, so no you do not pay The highest rate by any stretch of the imagination. Even saying the direct and hidden taxes Like employer payroll) don't count The poor still pay the highest % overall.

The tax system (total taxation) is a mess.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:13 pm

There is a Huge difference between "pay no federal income tax" and "pay no tax".
The topic was Federal Income Tax, not taxes in general.
The poorest people pay the highest % of their incomes in tax, so no you do not pay The highest rate by any stretch of the imagination.
Big mistake. There is a difference between rate and total taxes paid. The % rate is meaningless; it is the total amount paid that matters.
The poor still pay the highest % overall.

The poor pay the least in taxes since the tax rate is meaningless.

Maybe you can follow this example. Maybe not.

50% tax on $15,000 = $7,500.
28% tax on $100,000 = $28,000.
15% tax on $5,000,000 = $750,000.
Who pays the most in taxes.

The Treasury will be quick to inform you that tax rates do not produce tax revenues.
Total dollars collected fund our bloated government. Not poor people.

If you seek social justice and equality, go ask a poor person for a job. Just to be fair.

The whole idea of a tax cut is to reduce the funds available to the government in order to force a reduction in spending. Sad to say, tax cuts increase government revenues which are quickly pissed away by politicians in an attempt to buy votes.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:58 pm

It's important to be accurate....your statement that 49% pay no taxes was almost certainly designed to mislead.

As for absolute numbers vs rates.....you seem to choose whichever is convenient at the moment.

Poor people pay the highest ovetall tax rates. Trying to make taxes a flat number vs a rate is not workable on any level and I know you know that...so again it appears your only point was to confuse the issue.
Last edited by mk e on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm

mk e wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:58 pm
so again it appears your only pint was to confuse the issue.
It's a good strategy. He's well aware of the low intelligence level of the average Trump surrogate. If they are so easily confused...why not do it when you know you have no valid point?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:00 pm

mk e wrote:
I think you drank that pint before you wrote your misguided editorials.
I would gladly pay a tax rate of 75% provided that you give me exemptions and deductions worth $5,000,000.

Once more very slowly. Its not the tax rate that matters, its the total amount you have to pay that matters.
It's important to be accurate....your statement that 49% pay no taxes was almost certainly designed to mislead.
No, the fact that 49% pay little or no tax is simply an attempt to buy their votes. They contribute the least to our society yet demand the most from it.

At least some (BLM) should have to pay for their own prison time. Feeding at the public trough should be limited only to moments of necessity.

With a bit of luck Trump will drain the swamp.

GO TRUMP GO

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:00 pm

I would gladly pay a tax rate of 75% provided that you give me exemptions and deductions worth $5,000,000.
Once more very slowly, if you have deductions then you aren't paying the rate.

The published tax rates are nearly meaningless in US tax law where there are taxes on taxes followed by deductions on both taxes and deductions.

You must go by the effective rate....which for individuals is close to 0% if you're wealthy and close to 50% is you're poor.

It's similar for corporations.

It's a pretty messed up systrm and nothing in the Rump's proposals do anything to fix it, but do run up the national debt which is not helpful.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:21 pm
mk e wrote:
It's a good strategy.
It's the only strategy you use!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:32 pm

mk e wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:24 pm

It's a pretty messed up systrm and nothing in the Rump's proposals do anything to fix it, but do run up the national debt which is not helpful.
Our only hope is to "out earn our stupid." We must now cut taxes, stimulate growth and GDP and consumer spending, in hopes of earning more than the debt of our stupid previous government leaders. It's actually very simple. Not perfect but our only hope.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:48 pm

You must go by the effective rate....which for individuals is close to 0% if you're wealthy and close to 50% is you're poor.
NO. You must go by the total amount you pay in taxes.
50% of nothing is still nothing.

I can't buy my new Porsche with a tax rate. I need to have actual, real tax savings.

And if I can't buy that car, the salesman, his manager, the service writer, the shop foreman, parts dept mgr, and line mechanic will all be out of work.

If that happens then their taxes won't be able to pay for the 49% that don't pay any federal income taxes.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:23 pm

Story out today that the NFL has lost 20% of it viewers. Ouch!

http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/26821 ... greenfield

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:40 pm

I have always said that somewhere around 50 percent of those that actually work, work at some sort of Gov. job, be what it may, Education, Military, PS, Health, Research, etc., etc... City, county, state and federal jobs. I was going to say not to forget the Preachers! But whatever....

And to top it all off, I figure that those 50 percent that are working are actually paying the bills!!

I know, I know, this ol' man is all wet!!

pdq67