I bet the NFL is hurting.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: I bet the NFL is hurting.

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:22 am

woody b wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:16 am
I'm pretty much against "corporate" welfare, but funding arenas and stadiums for billionaire owners and millionaire players is many times worse.
How does one proclaim to be against corporate welfare yet still support trump.... #-o

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:22 am
woody b wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:16 am
I'm pretty much against "corporate" welfare, but funding arenas and stadiums for billionaire owners and millionaire players is many times worse.
How does one proclaim to be against corporate welfare yet still support trump.... #-o
Please show me where Trump has supported corporate welfare...as opposed to the support Obama provided to green energy cronies and the pork barrel politics of congress.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:38 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:21 pm
Please show me where Trump has supported corporate welfare...as opposed to the support Obama provided to green energy cronies and the pork barrel politics of congress.
Not only is he a supporter of it...he has received it numerous times.

You just need to open your eyes... #-o

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:35 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:38 pm
David Redszus wrote:

Still no proof offered. Just BS.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:09 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:35 pm
sanfordandson wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:38 pm
David Redszus wrote:

He jumps on any money that he's eligible for...he took $150k after 911 after sayi g his properties were not harmed
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... after-911/

He took about 600k to manage a golf course that was losing money, mostly tax money, and helped it lose more money and into bankruptcy

http://www.npr.org/2017/10/05/555457046 ... great-deal

There are many other examples......nothing illegal about it, but he has never had an issue taking money from anywhere.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:11 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:35 pm
Nearly 1 billion in tax breaks, grants and subsidies just in New York alone.

Dont be a sheep. Open your eyes...

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:02 pm

There are many other examples......nothing illegal about it, but he has never had an issue taking money from anywhere.
If there is nothing illegal about it, then why are the jackasses braying?

Incentives are written into the law to encourage exactly what businessmen like Trump has done.

Is he taking money while in office like Hillary or giving it to his cronies like Obama?

Whose eyes are wide shut?

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:04 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:02 pm

Incentives are written into the law to encourage exactly what businessmen like Trump has done.

Is he taking money while in office like Hillary or giving it to his cronies like Obama?

So David is ok with taxpayer dollars funding a private business like trumps. Good to know...

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:53 am

So David is ok with taxpayer dollars funding a private business like trumps. Good to know...
The man spent a ton of his own money getting elected against massive opposition funding.
He takes no salary and has donated a million dollars out of his pocket. He pays massive taxes.

Compare that to Obuma, Hillary, Schumer, Biden, Warren, Sanders etc, etc.

Sandy, you've either got your hate blinders on or are off your meds. [-X

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:29 am

David Redszus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:53 am
It's impossible to have anything but a shitty outlook on almost everything when you constantly have your head up the lower end of your alimentary canal! :roll: :lol: =D> [-X #-o
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:52 am

David Redszus wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:53 am
The man spent a ton of his own money getting elected against massive opposition funding.
He takes no salary and has donated a million dollars out of his pocket. He pays massive taxes.

Compare that to Obuma, Hillary, Schumer, Biden, Warren, Sanders etc, etc.

Just facts.

Trump has been on the taxpayer "dole" for decades. Many times those projects fail just like many of obummers failed tax subsidized projects.

Its just more of the same....only difference is the don is a really good con. You fell for it hard and cant get back up from it. =D>

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:55 am

David Redszus wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:02 pm

The problem is that he and many who support him claim he's different, that he's going to "drain the swamp". The truth is he is the swamp, he's just not had the same access those in office have.

He was taken every cent the government allows, in every form, legal.

He has come out and said he donates to campaigns with the fill expectation that it will gain him access and benefits...probably legal....depending. story in the news this week about his kids facing fraud charges until personal calls were made followed by a large donation....maybe legal?

Now that he's is he's spent more tax dollars on travel and security in under a year than is normally spend it 8. He's not filled most of the WH positions but the payroll is already higher than normal.....and the people he's brought in travel too it turns out.

When he travels it's to a Trump branded place...so the tax dollars for the trip go back in his pocket....legal.

Those seeking his favor travel and hold events at Trump branded places....legalish...mostly.

Jr is now giving $100k speaches....legal.

Places with current or pending Trump properties have access to the WH.....legalish

His kids are given access to world leaders during government functions makes the message clear..."money or favors should be directed in this direction".....legal....sort of

We can be pretty sure any tax plan will benefit him and his family personally.

What's next?

He is everything you say you oppose......but where the Obamas made millions and the Clintons 10s of millions the Trump will bring home hundreds of millions
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:48 am

If anybody else did those things its a tragedy and robs the taxpayers of hard earned dollars.

When trump does it he "a good business man"

Apparently there is to much pride for David and the others to admit they voted for change and got more of the same...

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:08 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:48 am
If anybody else did those things its a tragedy and robs the taxpayers of hard earned dollars.

When trump does it he "a good business man"

Apparently there is to much pride for David and the others to admit they voted for change and got more of the same...
I don't think its pride.

A lot of people, including me like at least some of the the ideas that Rump talked about and continues to talk about. I think the price that each of is is willing to pay to get the parts of the message we like vary depending on how much of the message we liked and how expensive we each perceice the cost to be. For you and I the cost was too high from day 1, for others it will never be too high and they will miss him when he's gone in 1123 days, 13 hours, 2 minues :)
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Post by Speedbump » Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:52 pm

"when he's gone in 1123 days, 13 hours, 2 minues :)"

It scares me that the elitist, Clintonites and followers will force feed us another unelectable candidate and we will end up with another 1460 days of this bull shit.
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."