California may ban combustion engines!

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

MadBill
Guru
Guru

Re: California may ban combustion engines!

Post by MadBill » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:23 pm

Smart move: an interest-free half billion dollar loan and a lot of locked-in customers to show to potential investors! =D>
Last edited by MadBill on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix, qui potuit rerum cognscere causas.

Happy is he who can discover the cause of things.

MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:27 pm

Cougar5.0 wrote:I agree - the sound part is the worst - even fake sound is better than just gear whine and tire scrubbing.

Funny, as I thought about the sound, I realized that nearly 100% of people in this country "drove" an electric "vehicle" as the first self-powered vehicle they ever had the wheel to (think about it.) :wink:
Are we talking pedal cars and bikes with playing cards rubbing on the spokes? If so, the muscle power comes from chemical reactions, just the control system is electric.

F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:32 pm

electric is BETTER for me. Including for 1/4 mile drag racing.

I'd love to race a electric powered rail...

DaveMcLain
Guru
Guru

Post by DaveMcLain » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:37 pm

There is no way this can work without many additional nuclear power plants.

statsystems
Guru
Guru

Post by statsystems » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:57 pm

F-BIRD'88 wrote:electric is BETTER for me. Including for 1/4 mile drag racing.

I'd love to race a electric powered rail...

Unreal.

MTENGINES
Pro
Pro

Post by MTENGINES » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:01 pm

DaveMcLain wrote:There is no way this can work without many additional nuclear power plants.

Haha I just had this discussion this morning.. we want everything electric yet won't build newer reactors and plants.

People keep pushing this GREEN ENERGY because it makes money and is political. But a simple fact is nuclear energy produces more energy per inch of land vs acre of GREEN SOLAR OR WIND ENERGY.

California wants to be like Europe so bad, yet none of them want to move there. wtf

Circlotron
Expert
Expert

Post by Circlotron » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:18 pm

MadBill wrote:
Cougar5.0 wrote:I agree - the sound part is the worst - even fake sound is better than just gear whine and tire scrubbing.

Funny, as I thought about the sound, I realized that nearly 100% of people in this country "drove" an electric "vehicle" as the first self-powered vehicle they ever had the wheel to (think about it.) :wink:
Are we talking pedal cars and bikes with playing cards rubbing on the spokes? If so, the muscle power comes from chemical reactions, just the control system is electric.
A whole new generation of little boys will grow up, never having run around the house making broom broom noises. It’s part of the conspiracy to encourage them to grow up to become metrosexuals. (half joking)

lefty o
Pro
Pro

Post by lefty o » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:04 pm

seems to me commiefornia already suffers from the occasional brown out, so hope they have something different up their sleeve than electric. their system is already taxed, so adding additional load to it isnt going to work well. maybe they can run cars on fruits and nuts as they have plenty!

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:50 pm

MTENGINES wrote:
DaveMcLain wrote:There is no way this can work without many additional nuclear power plants.

Haha I just had this discussion this morning.. we want everything electric yet won't build newer reactors and plants.

People keep pushing this GREEN ENERGY because it makes money and is political. But a simple fact is nuclear energy produces more energy per inch of land vs acre of GREEN SOLAR OR WIND ENERGY.

California wants to be like Europe so bad, yet none of them want to move there. wtf
And looking at all the dead sea critters in the pacific it produces more of something else as well.

houser45

Post by houser45 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:06 pm

Lol! this makes me laugh. My brother and I had this same argument. He was trying to tell me I didn't need a Big Duramax truck to drive. I told him to buy whatever he wants. Just don't impose your beliefs on me, I work hard and drive whatever I want. He was all about the Tesla T3, said he was going to get one. Then the 2000.00 dollar down payment to get your name on a list that could take 2 years to get one. I said, "put your money where your mouth is and sell your gasoline car and order the Tesla" Never happened. Common sense must have kicked in? I tell all my tree hugging liberals at work the Same thing. Put your money where your mouth is? they are still driving gasoline cars. How about some of you electric lovers do the same????

MikeD

Post by MikeD » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:29 pm

They are very open minded.....so long as you agree with them....

Ron E
Guru
Guru

Post by Ron E » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:05 pm

These people who feel it their place, their duty to decide what others may drive are also hardcore against expansion of nuclear as well as coal fired plants.
They don't see the problem.

lefty o
Pro
Pro

Post by lefty o » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:23 pm

Ron E wrote:These people who feel it their place, their duty to decide what others may drive are also hardcore against expansion of nuclear as well as coal fired plants.
They don't see the problem.
thats because most liberals are full on retards that cant add 1+1 and get the correct answer.

Cougar5.0

Post by Cougar5.0 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:47 pm

MadBill wrote:

Think a little harder. :)

The first self-powered wheeled vehicles I "drove" were electric bumper cars and/or electric go-carts at the beach.

I got to school on an electric trolley, then took the electric subway, finally reached my school in an electric bus.

40% of all revenue ton-miles for all freight transportation is moved by means of a traction motor (diesel electric.)

MadBill
Guru
Guru

Post by MadBill » Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:02 pm

Ah! When you wrote "self-powered" I took it to mean "powered by me, myself". #-o

Re the last, diesel is the operative word, at least for American trains...