Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/fced28f6-b ... t-was.html
A pair of new reports on the Russia investigation published Monday night suggest that Donald Trump’s former campaign chair, Paul Manafort, is in very serious legal trouble indeed.

First, CNN’s Evan Perez, Shimon Prokupecz, and Pamela Brown report that federal investigators got secret court orders to wiretap Manafort — at first before the 2016 campaign because of an inquiry into his work in Ukraine, and later as part of the investigation into Trump associates’ ties to Russia.

Second, the New York Times’s Sharon LaFraniere, Matt Apuzzo, and Adam Goldman report that this summer, special counsel Robert Mueller’s prosecutors “told Mr. Manafort they planned to indict him.” They also add the detail that when federal agents searched Manafort’s home in July at the behest of Mueller’s team, they picked the lock rather than announcing their presence in advance.

Together, the reports of wiretaps and the threat of indictment make Manafort’s legal woes — which already looked troubling — appear even more serious.

Manafort is under investigative scrutiny both for matters that preceded his involvement in Trump’s campaign — specifically, whether he appropriately disclosed his foreign work and whether he was involved in illegal money laundering or other financial crimes — and for the central question of potential collusion with Russia during the campaign itself.
\:D/

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4702
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:00 am

So President Trump was correct in that his campaign was "wire tapped". Probably in the Trump Tower as well. We should have a lot more information tomorrow.

Spying on your political opponent sounds illegal to me. Some one needs to go to jail over this illegal spying. From an article on the story.

"The surveillance was ended at some point last year because of a lack of evidence, one source told CNN, but investigators obtained another warrant at some point during the presidential campaign."

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2954
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by mk e » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:20 am

1989TransAm wrote:So President Trump was correct in that his campaign was "wire tapped."
No. McMaster investigated and released a clear and unequivocal statementbthat there was no truth to Rump's claim.

Plus he (Rump) never made that claim, he said he was tapped and that Trump towner was tapped, neither are true.

Sencond Manafort was under investigation going back to 2014, and not just criminal investigation, fisa investigation....aka spying.

Rump then brought at least 3 Russian agents (spies) into his campaign and made one of them his national security advisor which is pretty much The most incompetent thing a president could possibly do. The spies were under surveillance, the campaign and Trump were not.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:13 am

I knew one of the morons would try to link an fbi investigation of Manafort to trumps false claims of Obama wire tapping trump tower.

It was just a matter of seeing which moron was first....lol!!

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by engineczar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:53 am

Hmm let's look at this for a second.

CNN confirms that Manafort had an office in Trump Tower.
FBI confirms that Manafort is being wire tapped.

2014 expired wiretapping that concluded with no wrong doing is resumed at request of the opposition party after Trump becomes nominated.

Manafort was the campaign chair and probably talked to Trump during this time period.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2954
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by mk e » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:18 am

engineczar wrote:Hmm let's look at this for a second.

CNN confirms that Manafort had an office in Trump Tower.
FBI confirms that Manafort is being wire tapped.

2014 expired wiretapping that concluded with no wrong doing is resumed at request of the opposition party after Trump becomes nominated.

Manafort was the campaign chair and probably talked to Trump during this time period.
The fisa tap was 2014-2016, and concluded with a lack of evidence not a conclusion of no wrong doing.....the same way the Hillary investigation ended. Then the tap was reinstated based on new evidence.

Yes, there is a good chance Rump is on the recordings, but his name would be masked unless he is directly involved in the investigation.

You're trying very hard to justify criminal behavior and create a double standard.......
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

axegrinder
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: TX

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by axegrinder » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:22 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet again Trump is proven correct in one of his statements that the main stream dismissed as conspiracy theory! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

And paid wanna be lawyers will drill down on manipulated or somewhat related details to say it wasn't so! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

axegrinder
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: TX

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by axegrinder » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:23 am

Who did Rice unmask? Pretty much everybody! :lol:
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

axegrinder
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1023
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: TX

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by axegrinder » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:32 am

mk e wrote:

You're trying very hard to justify criminal behavior and create a double standard.......

No that's what the democrats have been doing for 8 months!

That's what the Russian investigation is, a double standard mixed with bull sh!t mixed with Obama trying to destroy America from within. (with help from good buddy Soros and paid protestors and paid trolls :D )
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by engineczar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 am

mk e wrote:
engineczar wrote:Hmm let's look at this for a second.

CNN confirms that Manafort had an office in Trump Tower.
FBI confirms that Manafort is being wire tapped.

2014 expired wiretapping that concluded with no wrong doing is resumed at request of the opposition party after Trump becomes nominated.

Manafort was the campaign chair and probably talked to Trump during this time period.
The fisa tap was 2014-2016, and concluded with a lack of evidence not a conclusion of no wrong doing.....the same way the Hillary investigation ended. Then the tap was reinstated based on new evidence.

Yes, there is a good chance Rump is on the recordings, but his name would be masked unless he is directly involved in the investigation.

You're trying very hard to justify criminal behavior and create a double standard.......
No double standard. The second FISA warrant to reopen the case was originally denied. It was then carried out by Loretta Lynch. You know the same Loretta Lynch that met with Bill Clinton on that runway tarmac in Phoenix.

Not saying that Manafort isn't a criminal but It's a great way of pulling a Watergate type of break-in against your political opponent and using your own doj to pull it off.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2765
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:18 am

I was hoping to get a few trumpanzees to try and link the Manafort wiretapping to the fake news of trump being wire tapped.

This is more than i could hope for. All the morons are coming out of the woodwork now!!

They are so concentrated on it they dont even care that manafort will be indicted.... :lol: #-o

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by engineczar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:33 am

sanfordandson wrote:I was hoping to get a few trumpanzees to try and link the Manafort wiretapping to the fake news of trump being wire tapped.

This is more than i could hope for. All the morons are coming out of the woodwork now!!

They are so concentrated on it they dont even care that manafort will be indicted.... :lol: #-o
I'd ask if you even bothered to read your linked story but then I realized who I was talking to. :roll: :roll: :roll:

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2954
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by mk e » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:36 am

engineczar wrote:
No double standard. The second FISA warrant to reopen the case was originally denied. It was then carried out by Loretta Lynch. You know the same Loretta Lynch that met with Bill Clinton on that runway tarmac in Phoenix.

Not saying that Manafort isn't a criminal but It's a great way of pulling a Watergate type of break-in against your political opponent and using your own doj to pull it off.
The attorney general has no authority to issue warrants of any kind...checks and balance to preve t exactly what you imply from happening.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 601
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by engineczar » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 am

mk e wrote:The attorney general has no authority to issue warrants of any kind...checks and balance to preve t exactly what you imply from happening.
Authority to issue, no. That's what the FISA court is for. Authority to request, yes. Except in this case the possibility of using the information for political purposes is troubling.

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert
Posts: 930
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Paul Manafort was wiretapped, has been told to expect an indictment

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:34 pm

Again for people that have no brains..................... There is no need for a judge, fisa, or what ever it is called.
THE PATRIOT ACT HAS MADE IT SO ABSOLUTLY NONE OF THAT IS REQUIRED TO WIRE TAP OR USE OTHER MEANS TO SNOOP ON SOMEONE PERIOD.
All Obum needed was to say "Do it".

Post Reply