Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by engineczar » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:48 pm


mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by mk e » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:58 pm

engineczar wrote:More winning today from the USSC

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 2-18-26-49
But mostly losing as they upheld the lower courts ruling on extended family that impacts many times the number they allowed Rump to block.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5642
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by David Redszus » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:16 am

David Redszus wrote:
sanfordandson wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:The Supreme Court just bitch slapped the ninth circuit court once again.
The 9th court is the most overturned court in the country.
Their recent rulings will be overturned as well.
The nimwit ninth court is beginning to look as silly as the Democraps.
At least they are consistent in their losing streak.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by mk e » Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 pm

David Redszus wrote:
The nimwit ninth court is beginning to look as silly as the Democraps.
At least they are consistent in their losing streak.
Except most of thr 9th circuit's ruling, 90%ish, has upheld in full so most of the people targeted by the travel ban are free to travel to the US under the prior rules.

This was a pretty big lose for Rump and friends.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

axegrinder
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: TX

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by axegrinder » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:51 pm

mk e wrote:
This was a pretty big lose for Rump and friends.
Pretty much another twisted liberal wet dream.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:21 pm

axegrinder wrote:
mk e wrote:
This was a pretty big lose for Rump and friends.
Pretty much another twisted liberal wet dream.
m ke really comes up with some doozies.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by mk e » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:30 am

Did you guys read the ruling(s)

The court said that the ban can not be applied to anyone with a bonafied connection to the US. The reason they said that is because US law applies on US soil and to US citizen so the meanign of the ruling is the ban can not be aplied to anyone that can claim it harmed them and can claim standing in US courts. That means about 90% of the people the ban was intended to cover are exempt from it....I would consider that a lose but I guess that you could consider any reduction a win if you choose.

Its sad to see Refugees but we have no legal obligation to assist them in any way, provided they have no legal conennction to the US or connection to any US entity. The 9th circuit over stepped their authority in that respect IMO....but that is a small part of the ban and the balance of the 9th circuit's ruling remains in force.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:14 am

mk e wrote:Did you guys read the ruling(s)

The court said that the ban can not be applied to anyone with a bonafied connection to the US. The reason they said that is because US law applies on US soil and to US citizen so the meanign of the ruling is the ban can not be aplied to anyone that can claim it harmed them and can claim standing in US courts. That means about 90% of the people the ban was intended to cover are exempt from it....I would consider that a lose but I guess that you could consider any reduction a win if you choose.

Its sad to see Refugees but we have no legal obligation to assist them in any way, provided they have no legal conennction to the US or connection to any US entity. The 9th circuit over stepped their authority in that respect IMO....but that is a small part of the ban and the balance of the 9th circuit's ruling remains in force.
Right now the trumpettes are hanging on any little morsel that can consider a success. trump has failed them thus far with broken promises and now hes working hand in hand with the likes of Pelosi and Schumer.... #-o

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by mk e » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:27 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Right now the trumpettes are hanging on any little morsel that can consider a success. trump has failed them thus far with broken promises and now hes working hand in hand with the likes of Pelosi and Schumer.... #-o
Sadly Pelosi and Schumer appear to the only grownups at the table.......
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:19 pm

mk e wrote:
sanfordandson wrote:
Right now the trumpettes are hanging on any little morsel that can consider a success. trump has failed them thus far with broken promises and now hes working hand in hand with the likes of Pelosi and Schumer.... #-o
Sadly Pelosi and Schumer appear to the only grownups at the table.......
Those two are nothing but liars. Sad to see people who believe all that they say. #-o

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3015
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:59 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Those two are nothing but liars. Sad to see people who believe all that they say. #-o

Trump is more gullible than you thought.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5642
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by David Redszus » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:46 pm

The immigration quota has been slashed from 110,000 under Obuma to 45,000 under Trump.
Plus illegal immigration is way, way down.
Deportation of illegals is rising fast.

Sounds like a win, win, win situation to me.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4841
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:44 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:46 pm
The immigration quota has been slashed from 110,000 under Obuma to 45,000 under Trump.
Plus illegal immigration is way, way down.
Deportation of illegals is rising fast.

Sounds like a win, win, win situation to me.
Sounds like winning to me. GO TRUMP GO

Ratu
Pro
Pro
Posts: 326
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:58 pm

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by Ratu » Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:47 am

Look, this is all too easy to fix. Here is what you do. Eliminate all social services, social security, medicare, medicaid, obamacare, access to all welfare benefits like education and medicine and housing etc.for anyone who is not a USA citizen of, at minimum, a decade's standing. You can leave the borders pretty much as open as you like after that. That'll keep the liberals happy.

Meanwhile, immigration will slow down drastically as the welfaregees come to understand that things are going to be mighty tough if they go to the USA and it'll be tough for a long time to come (twenty years or more). The ones who are serious to settle there will have to get established in real productive jobs, real fast and stay productive, gainfully employed. They'll be the keepers. The rest will depart or won't come in the first place, once the word gets out. The reduction in govt spending in various welfare handouts will improve the economic situation of all those insolvent cities, counties, states etc. right up to the Fed govt. Who knows, they might even be able to put aside enough to partially salvage some of the public service pension funds!

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5642
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by David Redszus » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:37 am

Ratu wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:47 am
Look, this is all too easy to fix. Here is what you do. Eliminate all social services, social security, medicare, medicaid, obamacare, access to all welfare benefits like education and medicine and housing etc.for anyone who is not a USA citizen of, at minimum, a decade's standing. You can leave the borders pretty much as open as you like after that. That'll keep the liberals happy.

Meanwhile, immigration will slow down drastically as the welfaregees come to understand that things are going to be mighty tough if they go to the USA and it'll be tough for a long time to come (twenty years or more). The ones who are serious to settle there will have to get established in real productive jobs, real fast and stay productive, gainfully employed. They'll be the keepers. The rest will depart or won't come in the first place, once the word gets out. The reduction in govt spending in various welfare handouts will improve the economic situation of all those insolvent cities, counties, states etc. right up to the Fed govt. Who knows, they might even be able to put aside enough to partially salvage some of the public service pension funds!
Your proposed solution will indeed limit the number of newcomers feeding at the public trough. It will pose an unacceptable solution to those (50%) Americans who pay no taxes, yet draw valuable benefits from those who do pay taxes. Democrap politicians know this very, very well. They count on it.

An important question to ask: what is the meaning and benefit of US citizenship? How do you get it and what is it worth?

Post Reply