Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:15 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/appeals-cour ... 27916.html
A federal appeals court on Thursday rejected the Trump administration's limited view of who is allowed into the United States under the president's travel ban, saying grandparents, cousins and similarly close relations of people in the U.S. should not be prevented from coming to the country.

The unanimous ruling from three judges on the San Francisco-based 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals also cleared the way for refugees accepted by a resettlement agency to travel here. The decision upheld a ruling by a federal judge in Hawaii who found the administration's view too strict.

"Stated simply, the government does not offer a persuasive explanation for why a mother-in-law is clearly a bona fide relationship, in the Supreme Court's prior reasoning, but a grandparent, grandchild, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, or cousin is not," the 9th Circuit said.

The appeals panel wrote that under typical court rules, its ruling would not take effect for at least 52 days. But in this instance, the judges said, many refugees would be "gravely imperiled" by such a delay, so the decision will take effect in five days.

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by engineczar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:08 pm


sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:56 pm

It'll swing back...dont get to excited. :lol:

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by engineczar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:06 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
It'll swing back...dont get to excited. :lol:
I'm not excited. I'm sure some activist judge from the 9th circuit will swoop in to give all you idiots on the left another hard on.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:18 pm

engineczar wrote:
sanfordandson wrote:
It'll swing back...dont get to excited. :lol:
I'm not excited. I'm sure some activist judge from the 9th circuit will swoop in to give all you idiots on the left another hard on.
I'm sure the left will get what they want. trump makes it easy for them.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4854
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:55 pm

The Supreme Court just bitch slapped the ninth circuit court once again.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:12 pm

1989TransAm wrote:The Supreme Court just bitch slapped the ninth circuit court once again.
9th will slap back harder. :mrgreen:

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5642
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by David Redszus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:44 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:The Supreme Court just bitch slapped the ninth circuit court once again.
9th will slap back harder. :mrgreen:
The 9th court is the most overturned court in the country.
Their recent rulings will be overturned as well.

Any practical person should ignore the 9th court until it's juristictional area is redefined and broken into two or more courts, appointed by Trump.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:46 pm

David Redszus wrote:Any practical person should ignore the 9th court until it's juristictional area is redefined and broken into two or more courts, appointed by Trump.
Wont be surprised if trump sides with them since he's a big fan of taking Dem proposals on the first offer now...lol

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5642
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by David Redszus » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:04 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
David Redszus wrote:Any practical person should ignore the 9th court until it's juristictional area is redefined and broken into two or more courts, appointed by Trump.
Wont be surprised if trump sides with them since he's a big fan of taking Dem proposals on the first offer now...lol
Simply shows how cheaply the Democrap whores can be bought. Now watch a bunch of them vote for Trump endorsed legislation.

axegrinder
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1061
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:54 pm
Location: TX

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by axegrinder » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:45 pm

David Redszus wrote:
sanfordandson wrote:
David Redszus wrote:Any practical person should ignore the 9th court until it's juristictional area is redefined and broken into two or more courts, appointed by Trump.
Wont be surprised if trump sides with them since he's a big fan of taking Dem proposals on the first offer now...lol
Simply shows how cheaply the Democrap whores can be bought. Now watch a bunch of them vote for Trump endorsed legislation.

Dems jumping on the Trump train!!!!! :lol: =D>
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by mk e » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:42 am

1989TransAm wrote:The Supreme Court just bitch slapped the ninth circuit court once again.
What? All that happened was tell the plaintiffs to respond. A ruling could come but there isn't one yet.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:56 am

David Redszus wrote: Simply shows how cheaply the Democrap whores can be bought. Now watch a bunch of them vote for Trump endorsed legislation.
trump took the first deal the dems laid down.

Taking the first offer...is that in his book "the art of the deal"?? :lol: =D>

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by mk e » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:02 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
trump took the first deal the dems laid down.

Taking the first offer...is that in his book "the art of the deal"?? :lol: =D>
The art of the kneel ;)
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4854
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Court rules against trumps travel ban again.

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:06 pm

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy on Monday provided a temporary reprieve for President Trump’s order blocking most refugees from entering the United States, putting on hold a lower court’s ruling loosening the prohibition.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-c ... SKCN1BM24Q

Post Reply