Slavery=segregation=KKK=racism=Democrats

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

mk e
Guru
Guru

Re: Slavery=segregation=KKK=racism=Democrats

Post by mk e » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:58 am

axegrinder wrote:
mk e wrote:....when all you needed to make a good living was to be a white male.
You know how many 40 year old "lucky" white males there are who's mothers picked cotton in Texas?
Equal opportunity in no way guaranties equal outcome.

...but for sure there is not equal opportunity. Its been measure time and again....same exact resume sent out but the ones with white male names get as much as 75% more response than non white male names. In face to face interviews the less qualified white male in much more likely to get the job offer...or apartment in the case of Rump who was caught explicitly discriminating. I'm sorry you don't like to hear and but it is what it is.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:00 am

axegrinder wrote:
Let me tell you exactly why Trump was elected: Brainwashed political people like you assuming you understand what half of America is thinking!
Rump lost the popular vote remember...so I'm pretty sure I do understand what the majority of americans think about him.

As for fixing it there are expected to be renewed impeachment calls next week that will grow louder until congress flips in 2018 and it happens ;)
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:17 am

Rump lost the popular vote remember...so I'm pretty sure I do understand what the majority of americans think about him.
We do not elect our presidents by popular vote. We elect people like Pelosi and Schumer by popular vote.

If the next election did away with the electoral college system and used the popular vote method, Trump would win by an even greater margin. Americans are pissed off and getting angry at congressional assholes.

The popular vote includes the often fraudulent, illegal, under-informed, ghetto vote. Those who only vote for more freebies.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:30 am

Equal opportunity NEVER guaranties equal outcome nor should it.
...but for sure there is not equal opportunity. Its been measure time and again....
There is equal opportunity if one is educated, willing to work, and does not show up for a job interview wearing a backwards baseball cap.
That has been measured time and again, with the same results. Unqualified candidates are given the opportunities they deserve.
same exact resume sent out but the ones with white male names get as much as 75% more response than non white male names. In face to face interviews the less qualified white male in much more likely to get the job offer...or apartment in the case of Rump who was caught explicitly discriminating. I'm sorry you don't like to hear and but it is what it is.
What you write comes from liberal sophomoric college students. Please read Thomas Sowell, Walter Williams or other economists who have studied the issues in much greater depth.

There is nothing wrong with discrimination; I teach my grandchildren to discriminate and it serves them well.
You simplisticaly refer to RACIAL discrimination without understanding its root cause and true nature.

Those who do not read have no advantage over those who cannot read.

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:41 pm

mk e wrote: Rump lost the popular vote remember...
Did you understand the rules before the election? :roll:
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:57 pm

mk e wrote:
axegrinder wrote:
mk e wrote:....when all you needed to make a good living was to be a white male.
You know how many 40 year old "lucky" white males there are who's mothers picked cotton in Texas?

...but for sure there is not equal opportunity. Its been measure time and again....same exact resume sent out but the ones with white male names get as much as 75% more response than non white male names. In face to face interviews the less qualified white male in much more likely to get the job offer...or apartment in the case of Rump who was caught explicitly discriminating. I'm sorry you don't like to hear and but it is what it is.
=D> instantly with the bullshit stats I see. Cherry pick some biased liberal crap so you can see what you want to see when you play games shuffling resumes with the names covered. :roll: I'm sure you were a great big victim in the land of opportunity so now you better get even and do what you can to crush the evil working tax payers. Social justice warrior wanna be lawyers like you never actually solve any problems.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:01 pm

axegrinder wrote:
It was your point not mine....1/2 the country didn't vote for him as YOU claimed.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:03 pm

axegrinder wrote:
=D> instantly with the bullshit stats I see. Cherry pick some biased liberal crap so you can see what you want to see when you play games shuffling resumes with the names covered. :roll: I'm sure you were a great big victim in the land of opportunity so now you better get even and do what you can to crush the evil working tax payers. Social justice warrior wanna be lawyers like you never actually solve any problems.
No b.s. or cherry picking abiut it and the results have been confirmed many times in blind studies. I'm sorry it does not fit your personal agenda, but it is very real.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:06 pm

mk e wrote: expected to be renewed impeachment calls next week that will grow louder until congress flips in 2018 and it happens ;)
War makes for strange bedfellows. Again you do not understand human nature or human history. Keep dreaming, Trump will not be impeached.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:19 pm

mk e wrote:
axegrinder wrote:
It was your point not mine....1/2 the country didn't vote for him as YOU claimed.
Miss the point but argue the details. You assumed to know what half the country was thinking.

Let me phrase it more like a wanna be lawyer; You assumed to know what a high enough percentage of the population to elect Trump was thinking.

The effective people elected Trump. The ineffective people (you) are still trying to figure out what happened. Assume racism and Russia but you're wrong as usual.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:20 pm

mk e wrote:No b.s. or cherry picking abiut it and the results have been confirmed many times in blind studies. I'm sorry it does not fit your personal agenda, but it is very real.
As far as I know discrimination based on race is against the law. If this occurred "many times" as you put it then "many times" people should have been fined or put in jail. Where are all these people? Where can I get access to all these blind studies? Or should I just go to the pet store and buy my own dog whistle?

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:01 pm

mk e wrote:
axegrinder wrote:
No b.s. or cherry picking abiut it and the results have been confirmed many times in blind studies. I'm sorry it does not fit your personal agenda, but it is very real.
Pure nonsense. Your alleged "studies" have been refuted many, many times. Please post a legitimate study that confirms your position. I'll show you dozens that refute it.

In many, many court cases, discrimination has often been alleged but never (or very rarely) proven in court.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:27 pm

engineczar wrote:
mk e wrote:No b.s. or cherry picking abiut it and the results have been confirmed many times in blind studies. I'm sorry it does not fit your personal agenda, but it is very real.
As far as I know discrimination based on race is against the law. If this occurred "many times" as you put it then "many times" people should have been fined or put in jail. Where are all these people? Where can I get access to all these blind studies? Or should I just go to the pet store and buy my own dog whistle?
It is illegal and very difficult to prove in hiring. Google will find you all the studies you care to read, but here's and example

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagot ... y,amp.html
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:18 pm

mk e wrote:
engineczar wrote:
It is illegal and very difficult to prove in hiring. Google will find you all the studies you care to read, but here's and example

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagot ... y,amp.html[/quote
New research on hiring bias found resumes bearing names traditionally held by blacks and Hispanics are just as likely to lead to callbacks and job interviews as those bearing white-sounding names.

The findings, announced last week by the University of Missouri, diverge from the results of a famous study from more than a decade ago that found Lakishas and Jamals were far less likely to get job interviews than Emilys and Gregs.
Quoted from your Tribune page.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:48 pm

mk e wrote:
axegrinder wrote:
President Trump would have ran a different campaign if the Presidency was on the popular vote. [-X