Irma is the strongest hurricane ever in the Atlantic Ocean outside the Caribbean or the Gulf of Mexico.

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

mk e
Guru
Guru

Re: Irma is the strongest hurricane ever in the Atlantic Ocean outside the Caribbean or the Gulf of Mexico.

Postby mk e » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:21 pm

engineczar wrote:
dirtracr5 wrote:
Fema and hud both being cut at the worst time possible by trump.

You do know that Congress controls the purse strings and not Trump?

The pres proposes a budget which is normally aligned with party objectives, so yes all Rump can do is propped, now congress and the party look that much worse gor ignoring Rump's request to cut spending. Its amatuere hour in the WH.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Re: Irma is the strongest hurricane ever in the Atlantic Ocean outside the Caribbean or the Gulf of Mexico.

Postby pdq67 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:47 pm

Stupid question, but can we blow the sucker out by nuking its eye???

I mean, didn't they use explosives to blow out the oil well fires over in the ME a while back??

What do we have to lose? Nuke it in mid ocean and see what happens......

I mean, $180 Billion clean-up costs vs one nuke for a trial???

pdq67

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Postby dirtracr5 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:56 pm

3 hurricanes now in the Atlantic.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Postby sanfordandson » Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:03 pm

39 straight hours at 185 mph....crazy! Over double the old record!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Postby pdq67 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:24 am

pdq67 wrote:Stupid question, but can we blow the sucker out by nuking its eye???

I mean, didn't they use explosives to blow out the oil well fires over in the ME a while back??

What do we have to lose? Nuke it in mid ocean and see what happens......

I mean, $180 Billion clean-up costs vs one nuke for a trial???

pdq67

Well,

What do you think???

pdq67

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Postby exhaustgases » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:42 am

They could blow it out with a bunch of conventional 20K pounders like they used on those bunkers in the sand box.
But then why would they want to mess up a master piece?

I wonder how many nuke plants will go out of control from this hurricane?

Brian P
Guru
Guru

Postby Brian P » Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:46 pm

The amount of energy in a hurricane seriously dwarfs any human-conceived weapon ... you ain't stopping a hurricane by farting in the middle of it, even if it is a big fart. And to use nuclear weapons to do this? The last thing you want to do is drop a whole bunch of nuclear fallout into a hurricane which will then proceed to distribute it over a densely populated area. (And some of you people worry about Fukushima??)

This hurricane means business. To anyone in its path, I hope your evacuation trip goes well, and I hope you eventually return to something that's still standing. Best of luck.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Postby exhaustgases » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:12 pm

Brian P wrote:The amount of energy in a hurricane seriously dwarfs any human-conceived weapon ... you ain't stopping a hurricane by farting in the middle of it, even if it is a big fart. And to use nuclear weapons to do this? The last thing you want to do is drop a whole bunch of nuclear fallout into a hurricane which will then proceed to distribute it over a densely populated area. (And some of you people worry about Fukushima??)

This hurricane means business. To anyone in its path, I hope your evacuation trip goes well, and I hope you eventually return to something that's still standing. Best of luck.

Not at all if you know what your doing. A child can control thousands of horse power if handed the correct stuff.
http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/hurr ... d-agendas/

Firedome8
Expert
Expert

Postby Firedome8 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:17 am

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 61b7927318

fake news from the chief fake news provider

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Postby engineczar » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Firedome8 wrote:https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/09/06/rush-limbaughs-dangerous-suggestion-that-hurricane-irma-is-fake-news/?tid=hybrid_mostsharedarticles_1_na&utm_term=.9b61b7927318

fake news from the chief fake news provider

I'm not a fan of Limbaugh but some of what he's saying is IMHO true. The Weather Channel and the media do hype storms to the point where every storm is now a major one. Even now they do it in the Winter. Why does every snow storm now get a name? While I don't believe that there's some of conspiracy between the weather men and the battery companies I do believe that they do it for ratings. It's a dangerous practice because it's like the boy who cried wolf. Every storm that's a flop creates a condition where people won't take the advice when a real storm comes along.

As far as this storm being used to promote climate change I've seen several stories siting what Al Gore is saying so yeah they are using the storm to promote their agenda even though there hasn't been a major Atlantic hurricane in a decade.

Return to “Politics / Religion / Current Events”