Arpaio pardoned

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Firedome8
Expert
Expert

Re: Arpaio pardoned

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:29 pm

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:43 am

Joe Arpaio is an American hero for enforcing the laws of the land. =D>

Firedome8
Expert
Expert

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:45 am

1989TransAm wrote:Joe Arpaio is an American hero for enforcing the laws of the land. =D>
Yea that is why he cost millions in tax money to pay for his stupid criminal activity

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:58 am

Firedome8 wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:Joe Arpaio is an American hero for enforcing the laws of the land. =D>
Yea that is why he cost millions in tax money to pay for his stupid criminal activity
Exactly....heros don't lock up US citizens without charge.

He may have intended to do the right thing....but the road to he'll is paved with food intentions and that is the path Arpio followed.

And let's not all forget he has now admitted his guilt.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:40 am

Arpaio’s conviction arose out of a lawsuit wrongfully accusing the sheriff’s office of violating the rights of Hispanics, allegedly using racial profiling tactics to identify people for traffic stops, and detaining convicts based only on the suspicion that they were illegal immigrants. Arpaio denied all wrongdoing.

I sat in the courtroom through Arpaio’s trial and concluded that he was wrongfully convicted. As a former law enforcement officer myself and former executive director of the Law Enforcement Alliance of America, I know that Arpaio was dedicated to protecting the public he served and that his highest priority was keeping his community safe.

Hearing testimony during Arpaio’s trial, I realized that any reasonable person who was there to pass judgment on this honest law-abiding man – who gave his life to the rule of law – could never have found him guilty on the evidence presented.

However, the only one who could pass judgment on the former sheriff was U.S. District Judge Susan Bolton, because Arpaio was denied his right to a jury trial under the Sixth Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. The judge’s verdict convicting Arpaio was a travesty of justice.

Arpaio's critics have claimed for a long time that he is a racist and biased against Hispanics. In fact, nothing could be further from the truth.

Under his command, the Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office boasted the highest percentage of Hispanic deputies, detention officers and staff in the state of Arizona. Moreover, he promoted more Hispanic officers to command positions than any other law enforcement agency in the state.

On top of this, Arpaio has two grandchildren who are of Hispanic descent. To say he is biased again his own family members is absurd. Labeling him a racist for enforcing U.S. immigration law is a tired, exhausted, left-wing strategy that fails time and time again.
Last week, a police dept in a suburb outside of Chicago, set up a road block and detained late night drivers. I was stopped as were many others. The area has a high concentration of Hispanic residents. The action was brought at the request of local legal Hispanic residents who are sick and tired of illegals coming into their communities and causing trouble.

The stops were an attempt to find those with outstanding warrants, immigration illegals, drunks and druggies.
I applaud their actions.

Who appointed Susan Bolton? Who would you rather have in office; Sheriff Joe or John McCain?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:56 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
It was Obama who spent millions. Another case of bad judgement on his part to push his open border ideology.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:59 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Firedome8 wrote:
It was Obama who spent millions. Another case of bad judgement on his part to push his open border ideology.
No it was AZ tax payers and it was about $100M and it was nothing to do with borders
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:23 pm

This is a case of the famous liberal selective outrage. Looks as pathetic as it did every other time they do it. Keep up the good work boys, all the normal people saw it coming! =D>
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

Firedome8
Expert
Expert

Post by Firedome8 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:40 pm

axegrinder wrote:This is a case of the famous liberal selective outrage. Looks as pathetic as it did every other time they do it. Keep up the good work boys, all the normal people saw it coming! =D>
A little dissonence maybe???? All the normal people
Can See it. If you would Look in mirror you will see the selectivity that you paint on others,, but your incapable of reflection. The sheriff is a crooked POS

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:01 pm

Firedome8 wrote: The sheriff is a crooked POS
and the sheriff has mow admitted to being a crooked POS
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Post by Speedbump » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Interesting to see all the patriotic opinions of those who never lived here. S. Joe started out as a good, conservative law guy. He made prison something less than a country club and most of us applauded that. THEN he got on TV over the 1080 bill and his prison control, became full of himself and was convinced he was above the law he was supposed to enforce. (remind you of any particular president?) He ended up a POS that even the Maricopa County morons could not re-elect. I get a kick out of the Rump quote about him being "treated very unfairly right before the election by the Obama administration and it cost him the election he should have won." Might not one use that same argument for a previous election? :lol:
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:11 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
axegrinder wrote:This is a case of the famous liberal selective outrage. Looks as pathetic as it did every other time they do it. Keep up the good work boys, all the normal people saw it coming! =D>
A little dissonence maybe???? All the normal people
Can See it. If you would Look in mirror you will see the selectivity that you paint on others,, but your incapable of reflection. The sheriff is a crooked POS
I reflect plenty. It is you who can not understand the natural progression of humans or human nature. Stick with what you have been brainwashed to believe. I was not raised religious, political or anything else. I research and think for myself, always reflecting on results. What do you reflect on? Liberal religion? Google and government are your god and you don't even know it. Could the Sheriff be crooked? Yes. Does it matter for the natural progression of our democracy murdering itself? No.

I thought you were fairly smart.
Wake up. You are being played.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 pm

mk e wrote:
Do you have a source for that statement?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 pm

Speedbump wrote:Interesting to see all the patriotic opinions of those who never lived here. S. Joe started out as a good, conservative law guy. He made prison something less than a country club and most of us applauded that. THEN he got on TV over the 1080 bill and his prison control, became full of himself and was convinced he was above the law he was supposed to enforce. (remind you of any particular president?) He ended up a POS that even the Maricopa County morons could not re-elect. I get a kick out of the Rump quote about him being "treated very unfairly right before the election by the Obama administration and it cost him the election he should have won." Might not one use that same argument for a previous election? :lol:
I would say the media brain washed you into thinking otherwise.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:56 am

1989TransAm wrote:
mk e wrote:
Do you have a source for that statement?
The USSC ruled about 100 years ago that acceptance of a pardon is and admission of guilt....so the source is Arpio on tv accepting the pardon.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer