Arpaio pardoned

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Re: Arpaio pardoned

Post by axegrinder » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:45 pm

Firedome8 wrote:
That makes it right because Obama did it. Logical fallacy, 2 wrongs do not make a right. ,,,,,I herd dump praise leakers,,,,
Again there is no other possible outcome. Yes the next puppet... er.... President will be worse. And the public unrest will be worse. The only way politics gets better is if we are all fooled or suppressed. Probably both are coming.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:40 pm

exhaustgases wrote: . And you ignored what I said about contempt of court.
What you said does not apply in this case.

Here we have a clear judicial order for the sheriff to stop detaining us citizens without charge. The sherif then made public statements that he intended to ignore the order and proceeded to keep detaining us citizens without charge.....so the judge found him in contempt.

The system worked just as it should have.....right up until Rump issued a pardon, which Arpio accepted which is an admission of guilt by Arpio.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:45 pm

axegrinder wrote:
Again there is no other possible outcome. Yes the next puppet... er.... President will be worse. And the public unrest will be worse. The only way politics gets better is if we are all fooled or suppressed. Probably both are coming.
Ahhh...the it's all a great big conspiracy so we might as well gave a criminal in charge defense...brilliant
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:48 pm

mk e wrote:
axegrinder wrote:
Ahhh...the it's all a great big conspiracy so we might as well gave a criminal in charge defense...brilliant
You will see what I see after you analyze a few thousand more trees (I see a forest).
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:01 pm

axegrinder wrote:
mk e wrote: Ahhh...the it's all a great big conspiracy so we might as well gave a criminal in charge defense...brilliant
You will see what I see after you analyze a few thousand more trees (I see a forest).
I fear you need new glasses, your seeing a forest were there's only a couple trees.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:14 pm

Arpio,

Well did he INDEED detain legal American citizens or just illegals??

And I do figure that if you are a legal American citizen, BUT can't prove it, then you are fair game!!

pdq67

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:49 pm

pdq67 wrote:Arpio,

And I do figure that if you are a legal American citizen, BUT can't prove it, then you are fair game!!

pdq67
Indeed he did....anf it turns out the is no requirement for us citizens to carry a passport at all times as in the USSR or nazi Germany

Do you carry you passport at all times?

Arpio was voted out of office after costing the good people of AS about $100M in legal fees and settlement costs for things like wrongful death, assualt, abuse, wrongful imprisonment and such........contempt was the very least the government could do to return the favor.

The really funny tbing is at 85 he's probably not got a lot of time left, his appeals would have gone another 2-3years then he could have claimed are age and gotten nothing.....but with a pardon that all ends and he's admitted guilt to accept it, he's out of office and fair game in civil court.

I'd expect his personal legal bills are about to get out of control.....time will tell if Rump helped or broke him.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:54 pm

mk e wrote:
axegrinder wrote:
mk e wrote: Ahhh...the it's all a great big conspiracy so we might as well gave a criminal in charge defense...brilliant
I fear you need new glasses, your seeing a forest were there's only a couple trees.
It's not a conspiracy. It is the logical progression of spoiled, mindless, groupthink mobs who do not have forethought.
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:30 pm

mk e wrote:Here we have a clear judicial order for the sheriff to stop detaining us citizens without charge. The sherif then made public statements that he intended to ignore the order and proceeded to keep detaining us citizens without charge.....so the judge found him in contempt.

The system worked just as it should have.....right up until Rump issued a pardon, which Arpio accepted which is an admission of guilt by Arpio.
Just to add a reference point. The judge who gave the order is from the 9th circuit so she's basically just another America hating left wing activist judge.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:42 pm

engineczar wrote: Just to add a reference point. The judge who gave the order is from the 9th circuit so she's basically just another America hating left wing activist judge.
If that's true then certainly it would have been overturned on appeal and admitting guilt by accepting the pardon was just a silly thing for Arpio to do and Rump f'd him over by putting him that position right?...
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:57 pm

Overturned on appeal to who?

Arpaio was just enforcing the law. He was never actually convicted of breaking any laws in regards to immigration enforcement. Arizona law SB1070 is quite clear. His "crime" was not obeying some activist judges order which was to not enforce the law as it was written.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:17 pm

engineczar wrote:Overturned on appeal to who?

Arpaio was just enforcing the law. He was never actually convicted of breaking any laws in regards to immigration enforcement. Arizona law SB1070 is quite clear. His "crime" was not obeying some activist judges order which was to not enforce the law as it was written.
The 9th circuit then USSC.

Arpio was breaking the law, not enforcing it. The AZ law was clear, and the USSC was even clearer that it was lawful to check the imitation status of some one lawfully detained when there is reasonable cause they might be illegal.

Arpio was detaining people for the purpose of checking integration status, so the exact opposite of what the USSC had ruled was ok and that is why he decided to take the pardon rather than appeal to the USSC.

The judge order him to follow the rules laid out by the USSC. Arpio ignored the lawful court order and was convicted of contempt.

Best to have you fact straight before jumping in to defend a criminal.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:18 pm

Criminal in your eyes but then again you don't have a problem with people who break the law and come into the country illegally.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:02 pm

engineczar wrote:Criminal in your eyes but then again you don't have a problem with people who break the law and come into the country illegally.
Criminal in the eyes of the law, the charge was "criminal contempt". Quite the law and order president he's turning into.

I think he's confused "build the wall" with "build the swamp"

I have no issue with criminals being arrested, that includes people who entered the US illegally.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:21 pm

mk e wrote:
pdq67 wrote:Arpio,

pdq67
Indeed he did....anf it turns out the is no requirement for us citizens to carry a passport at all times as in the USSR or nazi Germany

Do you carry you passport at all times?

Arpio was voted out of office after costing the good people of AS about $100M in legal fees and settlement costs for things like wrongful death, assualt, abuse, wrongful imprisonment and such........contempt was the very least the government could do to return the favor.

The really funny tbing is at 85 he's probably not got a lot of time left, his appeals would have gone another 2-3years then he could have claimed are age and gotten nothing.....but with a pardon that all ends and he's admitted guilt to accept it, he's out of office and fair game in civil court.

I'd expect his personal legal bills are about to get out of control.....time will tell if Rump helped or broke him.
No, but I can lay my hands on it real fast if I have to have it!

I'm talking about citizens with no hard copy means of proving that they are REAL US citizens here!

pdq67