Rally Permits from the local government

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Walter R. Malik
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3408
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:15 am
Location: Roseville, Michigan (just north of Detroit)
Contact:

Rally Permits from the local government

Post by Walter R. Malik » Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:39 pm

Let's see ...

I purchase all the necessary permits for a rally ...
Another group who has no permits at all, starts a confrontation with us because they disagree with us ...

Who is responsible here for someone being killed in the melee ...?

The group who got the necessary permits ... right?

I just don't get it.
http://www.rmcompetition.com
Specialty engine building at its finest.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5642
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by David Redszus » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:57 pm

Walter R. Malik wrote:Let's see ...

I purchase all the necessary permits for a rally ...
Another group who has no permits at all, starts a confrontation with us because they disagree with us ...

Who is responsible here for someone being killed in the melee ...?

The group who got the necessary permits ... right?

I just don't get it.
Was there a statue nearby?
Were you driving a non-electric car?
Did it have the right bumper stickers?
What driving suit were you wearing?

These are all acceptable reasons why a rally counter group has the right to start a fight with you.
Fascist pig that you are.

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert
Posts: 990
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:37 am

This one is easy. If you belong to the local Marxist socialist communist democrat climate change religionist party, you can do what ever you want. You will always be the good guys in the media. You can do what ever you wish and just dare the other side to try to protect themselves from your wicked evilness.

User avatar
woody b
Expert
Expert
Posts: 910
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:58 pm

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by woody b » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:59 am

The mess in Virginia was just a show put on for the purpose of creating trouble.

But..... the whole one side had a permit, the other side didn't is a valid question. If the KKK, neo nazis' antifa or any other group of nutjobs get a permit to protest somewhere around here I'll just stay away.

So.......since permits are required most places why are the leftist commie groups arrested or dispersed the instant they start a protest without a permit?
I used to be a people person, but people ruined it.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:39 pm

woody b wrote:
So.......since permits are required most places why are the leftist commie groups arrested or dispersed the instant they start a protest without a permit?
I'm not sure it's an honest question, but I'll give you an honest and see just the same.

Because part of the permit issuing process looks at who will show up and how it will be managed....that is the purpose and legal justification for requiring a permit so it automatically covers the entire gathering not just the group filing the application.

You have a constitutional right to assemble. It's a RIGHT, just like owning a gun or picking whatever church you please. For a town to limit that right there needs to be a safety concern so a small gathering normally can not be dispersed or limited in any way. With a large gathering it's easy to convince a judge there are legitimate safety concerns so permits may be required....but the town is basically required to find away for the demonstration to take place, like meet one place, march through town on a predefined route and end a 3rd place to limit the number of people in town at any 1 time.

The permit will also normally define counter protest areas or the route chosen in a way the naturally limits or control counter protest numbers in town and where contact can occur.....at least that's how it works when it's done well and no amount o f planning can prevent a terrorist from hurting people.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4854
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:43 pm

It was a setup Walter. Simple as that.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:06 pm

1989TransAm wrote:It was a setup Walter. Simple as that.
Or perhaps many Americans are just not ok with racism or terrorism?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5642
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by David Redszus » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:17 pm

mk e wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:It was a setup Walter. Simple as that.
Or perhaps many Americans are just not ok with racism or terrorism?
They are entitled to their opinion. They are NOT entitled to inflict violence and harm on anyone else.

I for one, think the entire Civil Rights movement was a fraud and a massive ripoff. But I am not going to
beat the hell out of anyone who thinks otherwise.

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert
Posts: 990
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by exhaustgases » Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:26 pm

mk e wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:It was a setup Walter. Simple as that.
Or perhaps many Americans are just not ok with racism or terrorism?
Then why are these supposed americans that are really PAID Marxist socialist communist demo c rat climate change religionists thugs SO RACIST AND PROVEN TERROISTS or don't you remember the burning police cars and Berkeley riots when that conservative was to speak there?
Yeah more of your logic.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:45 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
Then why are these supposed americans that are really PAID Marxist socialist communist demo c rat climate change religionists thugs SO RACIST AND PROVEN TERROISTS or don't you remember the burning police cars and Berkeley riots when that conservative was to speak there?
Yeah more of your logic.
They aren't
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Funny you mention the permit deal.

The ACLU filed a lawsuit on behalf of the alt-right group in Charlottesville after the city denied their permit to hold a rally...and they won.

So if we don't want to blame the nutcase for his actions killing someone i guess we can blame the ACLU for backing alt-right white supremacists.

That should be enough to make the Trumpettes heads explode... :shock:

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:04 pm

sanfordandson wrote:Funny you mention the permit deal.

The ACLU filed a lawsuit on behalf of the alt-right group in Charlottesville after the city denied their permit to hold a rally...and they won.
It is funny......but as I was saying

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The right to assemble is a RIGHT and government may not prevent it. They can require a permit but they basically must grant the permit.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3024
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by sanfordandson » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:08 pm

mk e wrote:
sanfordandson wrote:Funny you mention the permit deal.

The ACLU filed a lawsuit on behalf of the alt-right group in Charlottesville after the city denied their permit to hold a rally...and they won.
It is funny......but as I was saying

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
The right to assemble is a RIGHT and government may not prevent it. They can require a permit but they basically must grant the permit.
Yep, no matter how much is pisses off the orange snowflakes...people have the right to assemble. The courts and the ACLU know it.

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert
Posts: 990
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:16 am

mk e wrote:
exhaustgases wrote:
Then why are these supposed americans that are really PAID Marxist socialist communist demo c rat climate change religionists thugs SO RACIST AND PROVEN TERROISTS or don't you remember the burning police cars and Berkeley riots when that conservative was to speak there?
Yeah more of your logic.
They aren't
Wow, no wonder. I really would like to know your age. 35 to 45? I guess you live in a remote area with no TV.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 2997
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Rally Permits from the local government

Post by mk e » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:31 am

exhaustgases wrote:
mk e wrote:
exhaustgases wrote:
Then why are these supposed americans that are really PAID Marxist socialist communist demo c rat climate change religionists thugs SO RACIST AND PROVEN TERROISTS or don't you remember the burning police cars and Berkeley riots when that conservative was to speak there?
Yeah more of your logic.
They aren't
Wow, no wonder. I really would like to know your age. 35 to 45? I guess you live in a remote area with no TV.
52.

Yes there are root led by leftist types, and yes they get donations from lots of places...but actually paying hundreds or thousands or people to show up and protest?.....no. That for sure did happen in Ukraine just prior to the Russian inaction anlong with acts traveling to the "protetest" to do "interviews"..... but that is not going on in the US, at least not yet.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Post Reply