Climate lessons

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

In-Tech
Guru
Guru

Re: Climate lessons

Post by In-Tech » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:05 am

Haha, I thought you might get a kick out of the new thing of how cows produce twice or more methane than all of the ICE's combined and how we are cutting down rain forests for more grazing land and a cow uses 900 gallons of water to make one hamburger, blah blah blah. Anyway, I still thought it was interesting and amusing, especially all the math "facts" thrown around. :roll: [-X

The vegan propaganda "movie" was so amusing, I went on ahead and q'd up a ribeye. Carry on :mrgreen: =D>
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:11 am

In-Tech wrote:But did you watch the cowspiracy movie? [-o<
No, I'm not a big fan of conciracy theories. The reason is it's pretty hard for 1 person to keep a big secret, it's impossible for 100s of people to keep a big secret. Maybe for a months or 2 but beyond that ......that kind of secrecy and cooperation is an unreasonable assumption.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

axegrinder
Guru
Guru

Post by axegrinder » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:59 am

mk e wrote:
No, I'm not a big fan of conciracy theories. The reason is it's pretty hard for 1 person to keep a big secret, it's impossible for 100s of people to keep a big secret. Maybe for a months or 2 but beyond that ......that kind of secrecy and cooperation is an unreasonable assumption.

Spoken like a brainwashed college kid! :lol:
Trump might screw us
HILLARY WILL SCREW US

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert

Post by exhaustgases » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:10 pm

mk e wrote:
Wow more great intelligence, typical of the young engineers today. There are thousands upon thousands of ultra secrets that are kept. And besides if you listen to some of the death bed confessions of secrets they know from some of the old timers you may learn something. But if its against your belief system you will deny it and poo on it anyway. If people dumped secrets you would still call them a conspiracy theory. Oh by the way do you know who originally coined the term "conspiracy theory"? Please look it up. Let me know what you find out. And why it was coined.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:45 pm

exhaustgases wrote:
mk e wrote:
Wow more great intelligence, typical of the young engineers today. There are thousands upon thousands of ultra secrets that are kept
No, there aren't. Sooner or later they all least out and anything that is the least bit political leaks a whole lot sooner.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:13 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dxS3ICecXc
Proof you want. At about 14:00 minutes or so is good.

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:16 am

Just interesting the Climate change religion hates this stuff. It may show that their religion is a pure lie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzUnfPFCcYI

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:16 am

I watched the movie "the King's men" last night and learned from the villain that climate change is the planet reacting to human over population just like our bodies react to infection...with a fever.

There proof.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:41 pm

If you knew anything you'd know that for the weather and pressure systems to be doing what they are doing, they have to be manipulated to do it.
And the proof is there if you care to see it.

Firedome8
Expert
Expert

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:49 pm

Does anyone really believe the weather is being manipulated and controlled by the government ?

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 pm

The weatherman cannot get the next day forecast in my town correct. They said it was going to be 96 degrees yesterday. Well it only got to 86 degrees. The science is far from settled. Far from it.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Firedome8 wrote:Does anyone really believe the weather is being manipulated and controlled by the government ?
Sadly I suspect they do, mostly because there is no comprehension amount of energy that would require if it wre even possible.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:15 pm

1989TransAm wrote:The weatherman cannot get the next day forecast in my town correct. They said it was going to be 96 degrees yesterday. Well it only got to 86 degrees. The science is far from settled. Far from it.
Weather is hard, climate is much much easier.

It's like is pretty easy to flow head or predict head flow but ridiculously hard to understand fuel droplet motion within the flow.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:32 pm

Weather is hard, climate is much much easier.
Why is climate much much easier? All the climate models have been wrong so far. Only 50% of the weather models have been wrong.
Climate spans millions of years. Weather only a few weeks.
It's like is pretty easy to flow head or predict head flow
Its easy to flow a head and come up with some numbers. It is very hard to predict actual head flow accurately.
but ridiculously hard to understand fuel droplet motion within the flow.
That is true, especially when fuel droplets have a nasty habit of disappearing due to evaporation.
Even harder to model or predict combustion motion. Kinda like climate except at the other end of the speed spectrum.

exhaustgases
Expert
Expert

Post by exhaustgases » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:26 am

mk e wrote:
Firedome8 wrote:Does anyone really believe the weather is being manipulated and controlled by the government ?
Sadly I suspect they do, mostly because there is no comprehension amount of energy that would require if it wre even possible.
The energy part is the easy part. Especially when you have high energy lasers and microwave generators and since you don't move in those engineering circles you maybe surprised how easy it all is. With the power of a light bulb some radio enthusiasts communicate bouncing energy off the moon. So ask yourself, if a few thousand high power lasers of proper wave length focus with in a small area in a weather system what would that do to it? Or maybe instead of lasers use the proper wavelength of microwaves, we all know what that will do to water.
The ones so intent on making us believe in the climate religion will use all they can, even gore baby is supposed to be on the tube tonight, of course.
Trump better look into the secret weather control program and not join the religion.