A degree in engineering

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Re: A degree in engineering

Postby exhaustgases » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:48 pm

The Marchant is an engineering piece of art work. I for get which one has the most parts, but I think the figurematic has over 15,000 of them.
Those cool little planetary gear sets, it all makes digital electronics easy.
http://johnwolff.id.au/calculators/Tech ... eTrain.htm
http://johnwolff.id.au/calculators/Tech ... ulator.htm
Enjoy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

turbo2256b
Pro
Pro

Postby turbo2256b » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:25 pm

I have no degree in any type of engineering yet worked as a designer in civil, architectural and mechanical design. I began learning as a kid from my grandfather to him I was the son he never had as he had 2 daughters. He had degrees in civil, architectural and mechanical design from Pen State. At 5 years old I would go up in his drafting room and he showed me how to use t squares , triangles , etc. this was back in the 60s. He also would teach me how to design/engineer products in these subjects. I started designing and building things before learning anything from him. Our mentalities at birth were along the same lines.

Not all but many engineers dont have the same natural mentality. Many just look at the amount of time in college for the amount of starting pay and engineering is one of the shortest.

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Postby exhaustgases » Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:00 pm

turbo2256b wrote:I have no degree in any type of engineering yet worked as a designer in civil, architectural and mechanical design. I began learning as a kid from my grandfather to him I was the son he never had as he had 2 daughters. He had degrees in civil, architectural and mechanical design from Pen State. At 5 years old I would go up in his drafting room and he showed me how to use t squares , triangles , etc. this was back in the 60s. He also would teach me how to design/engineer products in these subjects. I started designing and building things before learning anything from him. Our mentalities at birth were along the same lines.

Not all but many engineers dont have the same natural mentality. Many just look at the amount of time in college for the amount of starting pay and engineering is one of the shortest.

Agree. Some of the best engineers never saw a day in college. And in this day and age it looks like there won't be many engineers coming from colleges, well they may have the papers. All they will know how to do is resist.

Return to “Politics / Religion / Current Events”