Rump's redline

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

dirtracr5
Guru
Guru

Re: Rump's redline

Postby dirtracr5 » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:18 pm

The scary part is there isn't much that can be done to prevent Trump from ordering a nuclear launch on his own.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Postby 1989TransAm » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:23 pm

mk e wrote:Riddle me this. What is it in the past few days that casue the massive up-tick in the words from Rump?

There haven't been any nuke tests recently nor do we see evidence one is coming.
The last missile test was 2-3 weeks ago?
There was no new rhetoric from NK prior to Rump's.

So why now? There was a report in the WashPost of a leaked report that said NK probably has a nuke to go on its missiles the day all this started.....but that's just a leak and we don't kow it ifs real or when it was from.......So is President Rump actually getting his classified briefings from newspapers and cable news? It sure looks that way.

I would say that President Trump has information that not you, the NYT or the WaPo has. Not everything is leaked.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Postby sanfordandson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:50 pm

dirtracr5 wrote:The scary part is there isn't much that can be done to prevent Trump from ordering a nuclear launch on his own.

Exactly! =D>

mk e
Guru
Guru

Postby mk e » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:24 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
mk e wrote:Riddle me this. What is it in the past few days that casue the massive up-tick in the words from Rump?

There haven't been any nuke tests recently nor do we see evidence one is coming.
The last missile test was 2-3 weeks ago?
There was no new rhetoric from NK prior to Rump's.

So why now? There was a report in the WashPost of a leaked report that said NK probably has a nuke to go on its missiles the day all this started.....but that's just a leak and we don't kow it ifs real or when it was from.......So is President Rump actually getting his classified briefings from newspapers and cable news? It sure looks that way.

I would say that President Trump has information that not you, the NYT or the WaPo has. Not everything is leaked.

He has it available but during the camgaign and if argue now, his advisors learned the best way to get him to listen so to say it in tv. Nothing happened this week to kick off Rump's ranting other than the post story and its coverage on cable news
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Postby mk e » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:26 pm

dirtracr5 wrote:The scary part is there isn't much that can be done to prevent Trump from ordering a nuclear launch on his own.

I'm not concerned about that....he seems to listen to "his generals" and they know better.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Postby sanfordandson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:57 pm

I think a quote by Jackie Kennedy about her husband sums it up well...

The danger which troubled my husband was that war might be started not so much by the big men as by the little ones.

While big men know the needs for self-control and restraint—little men are sometimes moved more by fear and pride. If only in the future the big men can continue to make the little ones sit down and talk, before they start to fight.

Return to “Politics / Religion / Current Events”