Robert Mueller Probing Flynn-Turkey Financial Lobbying Arrangements…

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Robert Mueller Probing Flynn-Turkey Financial Lobbying Arrangements…

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:27 pm

Bwahahahahahaha

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:46 pm

Quoting, "it was laundered Russian money that pulled Rump out of bankruptcy"

I hear tell it were Musta bin Putin. He dunnit.

Pindos, who knew there were so many?

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 am

Mueller will likely claim President Trump's scalp (which is the general idea). There is nothing to this witch hunt, but it will wreck the Presidency anyhow.

President Trump has failed all too clearly. He made the mistake of surrounding himself with pit-vipers, traitors, sneaks and enemies. The trouble for him has been his lack of forewarning about the personalities he is dealing with. That, allied to a naive trust in Washington political systems has just about undone him.

Just take a look at what Mueller has hired. A more sorry band of partisanship would be difficult to assemble, even in the US. And as for a Grand Jury selected from a district where Emeritus Secretary Hillary Clinton took over 90% of the vote, what's up with that?

Unless the President takes the fight straight to Mueller and right soon, he is lost. It will be interesting to see what the population does when that comes to pass. Most commentators I heard lately say the population will do absolutely nothing.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 am

Ratu wrote:
President Trump has failed all too clearly. He made the mistake of surrounding himself with pit-vipers, traitors, sneaks and enemies. The trouble for him has been his lack of forewarning about the personalities he is dealing with. That, allied to a naive trust in Washington political systems has just about undone him.
Thats impossible, havent you heard trump only hires THE BEST!! :lol:

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:38 am

No, but I had noticed that you were more often inaccurate with your comments than otherwise. I'll charitably put that down to ignorance.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:47 am

RevTheory wrote:Yeah, Donald Trump made his billions laundering money for the Russians :lol:
Correct.....but we're not sure it's billions. In 2005 he was unable to prove in court he had even $1B casuing a law suit he'd filed to be thrown out. He could have crossed the line since then, there's no way to know.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:55 am

sanfordandson wrote:
Ratu wrote:
Thats impossible, havent you heard trump only hires THE BEST!! :lol:
Funny how before the election Rump only surrounds himself with the bets, but now its nobody told him these people weren't the best.......it can't be both but their ablitily to make excuses for in is almost without bounds.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:05 pm

You liberals are a riot.

More news out today that the FBI raided Manafort's Virginia home a couple of weeks ago. They found an illegal server in the back bathroom, smashed hard drives and cell phones without sim cards. One computer had its hard drive bleach bit to erase all traces. Papers were burned to ashes in the fireplace. It has since been learned that Paul did not mean to do it. It was simply an over sight.

Ratu
Pro
Pro

Post by Ratu » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:57 am

mk e is, as usual, wrong. I have not stated here or elsewhere that President Trump was surrounding himself with the best people. While I'd grant that some of the people he has in support have competencies and are good at what they do, my opinion has been and remains that a big problem for him has been relying upon denizens of the Washington political class. Whether democrat or republican their loyalties are to the system that feeds them, gives them power and influence, grants them status, relevance, wealth and keeps them fed- all at your expense. While President Trump stated he wanted to drain the swamp it appears the swamp runs much too deep for a one man band to deal with alone.

Another detail which demonstrates why mk e is again wrong is that many of the people President Trump had around him prior to the election are gone. The remainder have been sidelined or disempowered. This is one result of the antics of Washington insider politics. It is a wee detail which eliminates the mischaracterisation of the President's hired help delivered in the most recent mk e comment ab initio.

What is occurring with people such as mk e and his chummy mate is that they have invested in a set of blind beliefs with a religious almost fanatic fervor. The intellectual investment runs so deep and is so clingy that they defend the belief no matter what occurrences in reality demonstrate. For them, when reality intrudes and some situation occurs which contradicts the belief, well then, reality is immediately concluded to be wrong. It must be therefore ignored. The moral is to never, ever treat your mind as do they.

Ratu Sione

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:34 am

1989TransAm wrote:
More news out today that the FBI raided Manafort's Virginia home a couple of weeks ago. .
Its not looking good for Manafort.....now we wait to see what he talks about to stay out of jail.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

In-Tech
Guru
Guru

Post by In-Tech » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:33 am

Ratu wrote:mk e is, as usual, wrong. I have not stated here or elsewhere that President Trump was surrounding himself with the best people. While I'd grant that some of the people he has in support have competencies and are good at what they do, my opinion has been and remains that a big problem for him has been relying upon denizens of the Washington political class. Whether democrat or republican their loyalties are to the system that feeds them, gives them power and influence, grants them status, relevance, wealth and keeps them fed- all at your expense. While President Trump stated he wanted to drain the swamp it appears the swamp runs much too deep for a one man band to deal with alone.

Another detail which demonstrates why mk e is again wrong is that many of the people President Trump had around him prior to the election are gone. The remainder have been sidelined or disempowered. This is one result of the antics of Washington insider politics. It is a wee detail which eliminates the mischaracterisation of the President's hired help delivered in the most recent mk e comment ab initio.

What is occurring with people such as mk e and his chummy mate is that they have invested in a set of blind beliefs with a religious almost fanatic fervor. The intellectual investment runs so deep and is so clingy that they defend the belief no matter what occurrences in reality demonstrate. For them, when reality intrudes and some situation occurs which contradicts the belief, well then, reality is immediately concluded to be wrong. It must be therefore ignored. The moral is to never, ever treat your mind as do they.

Ratu Sione
Nailed it. Ratu, I appreciate your input. Since you are overseas it seems you have a less biased opinion looking outside in. =D>

Oh, and we still gotta get together for that beer(or 10) sometime. :)
Heat is energy, energy is horsepower...but you gotta control the heat.
-Carl

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:00 am

In-Tech wrote:
Nailed it. Ratu, I appreciate your input. Since you are overseas it seems you have a less biased opinion looking outside in. =D>
From a complete conspiracy nonsense point of yes, he's always spot on. From a practical or reality based postion there is little there.....which is the problem with someone like Rump. I agree hes good at putting his finger on how many people feel...but feelings are not facts and complex issue don't condense well to a single line catch phrases and the vast majority of what he says is easily proven false no matter how nice it may sound.

Back on point. Rump made a lot of money dealing with Russians who's business are almost certainly criminal enterprises. That doesn't make Rump himself guilty but most of the financial crimes laws are written in a know or should have known" kind of way.....and that's a problem when you take their money.

Manafort, who is a long time associate of Rump looks to be in a lot of trouble. It's also come out that some of the investigations were already in progress when Manafort joined Rump's team. It's also come out that millions of dollars manafort was paid by a Russia as part of a failed realestate deal and was being sued over was appearently forgiven and the suit dropped just after Manafort joined Rump's team....that doesn't prove anything but it raises a lot questions.

Like it or not Rump and many of the people he sounded himself with are "the swamp".
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:26 am

So tell us all just where Trump made his money in Russia. He had a pageant there before selling that business but I don't recall hearing mention of a resort or Trump Tower-Moscow. Let me guess, he was using his business to launder money for the Kremlin :lol:

Speak wisdom to us, oh crystal ball...

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:50 am

RevTheory wrote:So tell us all just where Trump made his money in Russia.
He didn't.

He accept a whole lot of dirty money from Russia.....but you already knew that. Clearly you don't want to accept it becasue it conflict with the person you very much want Rump to be, but you already knew it.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:35 pm

mk e wrote:
RevTheory wrote:So tell us all just where Trump made his money in Russia.
He didn't.

He accept a whole lot of dirty money from Russia.....but you already knew that. Clearly you don't want to accept it becasue it conflict with the person you very much want Rump to be, but you already knew it.
So how would you define "dirty money"?
Does it come from profits?
From real estate investments?
From government corruption?
From foundations peddling government influence?
From outrageous taxes?
Capital gains from the sale of a business?

And "clean money" ?

Coerced union dues?
Political donations?
The Clinton Foundation?

I've searched my Micro and Macro economics textbooks and can't seem to find the relevant definitions.
Money is money.

When you have it; it's dirty.
When I have; it's clean.