Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:59 am

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/obam ... 23519.html
The Obama years were a great time for the gun business.

But since the election of Donald Trump as president and the resulting decline in fears over increased gun regulation, sales in the industry have plummeted.

On Thursday, shares of gunmaker Sturm, Ruger & Co. (RGR) were down as much as 9% after reporting results Wednesday afternoon that missed expectations. In the second quarter, sales for the company were down 22% against the same period last year while profits fell 53%.

In its earnings release, Sturm, Ruger cited, among other factors weighing on results, “Decreased overall consumer demand in 2017 due to stronger-than-normal demand during most of 2016, likely bolstered by the political campaigns for the November 2016 elections.”
My favorite line in the article... "Gunmakers celebrate when Democrats are in charge"

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3008
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:58 am

I think it always goes that way...gum boom under dems as people rush to buy just in case, slow under Repubs when they feel there is no hurry.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:02 am

But according to some on here obama took away all of our gun rights?? :^o

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3008
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:10 am

sanfordandson wrote:But according to some on here obama took away all of our gun rights?? :^o
He would have liked to, but fortunately we have a constitution that prevents things like that.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

machinedave
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1005
Joined: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 am

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by machinedave » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:22 am

A friend of mine works for Remington. They were working overtime for a long time to keep up with ammunition demands. They were convinced that Hillary would win. The day after the election they cut everyone back.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3008
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:31 am

machinedave wrote:A friend of mine works for Remington. They were working overtime for a long time to keep up with ammunition demands. They were convinced that Hillary would win. The day after the election they cut everyone back.
That makes sense......ammunition is something that could be restricted under a dem.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4960
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:43 pm
Location: Cypress, California

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:47 pm

sanfordandson wrote:But according to some on here obama took away all of our gun rights?? :^o
He tried but the Supreme Court said otherwise. However he did what he could to circumvent the 2nd amendment.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:01 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
He tried but the Supreme Court said otherwise. However he did what he could to circumvent the 2nd amendment.
Good thing we have a good justice dept. to keep out of control presidents in check!

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1063
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by exhaustgases » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:21 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
1989TransAm wrote:
He tried but the Supreme Court said otherwise. However he did what he could to circumvent the 2nd amendment.
Good thing we have a good justice dept. to keep out of control presidents in check!
Its not so much a president that needs to be in check, its an outa control political party that desires to force their religion and agenda on all the people. We for the first time in my life have someone in the big house that actually cares about everyone and is not forcing a religion and trying to steal everything we own because it harms the religion.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1046
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:19 am

http://www.businessinsider.com/gun-laws ... ed-2012-12

Fake news I am sure!!!!
Change the channel once in awhile.

mk e
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3008
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:19 pm
Location: Elverson, PA

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by mk e » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:17 am

exhaustgases wrote: We for the first time in my life have someone in the big house that actually cares about everyone and is not forcing a religion and trying to steal everything we own because it harms the religion.
Mattis?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5707
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by David Redszus » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:39 pm

Obama style gun control is working very well in his home town of Chicago.
Good people are restricted from purchasing guns while thugs and gang bangers can buy them very easily.

Everything is going according to plan. :lol:

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3191
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Obama was great for the gun business — and Trump's been terrible

Post by sanfordandson » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:09 am

David Redszus wrote:Obama style gun control is working very well in his home town of Chicago.
Good people are restricted from purchasing guns while thugs and gang bangers can buy them very easily.

Everything is going according to plan. :lol:
You and obama share the same home town...how curious... :-"

Post Reply