Trump's budget director has caved on one of the biggest fights in Washington

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Trump's budget director has caved on one of the biggest fights in Washington

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:43 pm

http://www.businessinsider.com/mick-mul ... ean-2017-8
The Trump administration is approaching cohesion on one of the biggest issues facing the US economy over the next two months.

Office of Management and Budget director Mick Mulvaney told reporters Thursday that he supports a clean increase for the debt ceiling, rather than including spending cuts or other riders in legislation to hike the debt limit.

Mulvaney had previously said that any legislation taken up to raise the ceiling should include cuts.

When asked about his position, Mulvaney said he was for "the simplest debt ceiling increase that we can get."

The debt limit, the level of outstanding debt the federal government is allowed to carry, was technically hit in March. Since then, the Treasury Department has been using "extraordinary measures" to prevent a breach of the limit. The department has said Congress must pass a bill to increase the limit by the end of September to avoid a breach.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Re: Trump's budget director has caved on one of the biggest fights in Washington

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:30 pm

Wait....I thought the debt was going down? Why would they be raising the debt ceiling if the debt is going down?

....unless debt is going up? No, that can't be right, it must be fake news!
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Re: Trump's budget director has caved on one of the biggest fights in Washington

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:49 pm

mk e wrote:Wait....I thought the debt was going down? Why would they be raising the debt ceiling if the debt is going down?

....unless debt is going up? No, that can't be right, it must be fake news!
Yep...gotta be fake! Go trump go!!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:02 am

I flat don't think any of the CSer's will cut spending what-so-ever!!

They all gotta keep their political jobs, now, don't they!!

Except for President Trump.

Cutting spending!! It's real easy to do, why JUST DON'T spend it!! Then go get you a job in the PRIVATE SECTOR because DC is full of Lobbyists now!!

pdq67

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:39 am

Guys, the demoncRATS will move heaven and earth to force a shutdown; they proved it over border wall funding a few months ago. Why start that fight again over this when there are much bigger fish to fry at the moment? I bet we don't have this issue next year. The debt clock has actually gone backwards under Trump's watch. Common sense!

I know, I know... bring on politico and the emojis.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:59 am

RevTheory wrote: The debt clock has actually gone backwards under Trump's watch.
No it hasn't...Oblahblahs was unbalanced and any budget for Rump's administration doesn't go into effect until Sept so nothing can change until then......common sense right?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer