Another day, another health care bill failure...

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

mk e
Guru
Guru

Re: Another day, another health care bill failure...

Post by mk e » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:50 pm

blykins wrote:
mk e wrote:
blykins wrote:
I've lived in 3 cities in the past 17 years and I don't remember any hospital or ER closures in any of them.

I do agree that people not being able to get insurance because of pre-existing conditions is a bad thing....something needs to be done about that. However, my rates were not going up yearly because of my age. The rates went up immediately and quite drastically when Obamacare came into effect.
ER closures were a huge deal, maybe not where you were specifically, but nationally 6% had closed in just a few years, mostly in poor areas (rual and urban) because poor people were using ERs as free health clinics:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/05/health/em ... index.html

When you are young, there is little difference between 30 or 30 health risk wise....but by the time you hit 40 you have significantly higher risk and at 40 should pay about double.....you may have crossed a line. Or it could be just the pre-existing conditions in while young healthy go out thing, that is a very real problem in the ecchanges.

I can tell you healthcare costs have gone up about 6%/yr so about 20% every 3 years and we all pay for that no matter what insurance system or want to have.
You should know better than to quote CNN here. They have absolutely no clout, and that viewpoint should be shared by both liberals and Republicans.

Prices go up on everything. My cable bill used to jump $20-40 a year. That's part of inflation, the economy, etc. However, I have NEVER seen health insurance go up 20% in one year.....until Obamacare came out.

You seem to be arguing in favor of government healthcare, which reaffirms my position that you should have always been voting Democrat. You don't share any Republican values.
How about the journal of the American Medical Associsation?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4063529/
If you don't like that either google will happily find you dozens more. It was a very real probablem and ERs had effectively become a US single payer system as the government was paying to keep ERs open in many places. This was bought on by a Reagan era law requiring ERs to treat and emerceny that arrived but people soon figured out that the only way for the ER to know if it was an emergencty was to treat you.....it was a very real problem the was pretty much eliminated by oblahblahcare....which then created new problems.

Medical is different than normal inflation because people like me develop new treatments everyday so not only is there normal inflation, there are more things you can be treated for so costs go up much faster than normal inflation.

I agree that for the 3% minority person like you who's in the exchanger but not getting a subsidy cost is a very real problem....which will hopefyllu be fixed now that congress has told Rump to stfu and moved on to trying to fix the problems and the repubs do have some very good ideas.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:52 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
Now that is just so much bullshit. He is one of the very few Presidents to keep his word to the voters for one thing. He is doing what he said he would do on the campaign trail. That in itself is remarkable.
which word? He's been on just about every side of every issue so I guess no matter what happens you can claim he's doing what he promised. You elected a Turd.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:12 pm

You might like this one called ...you've been duped:

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/policy-d ... -obamacare
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:51 pm

mk e wrote:You might like this one called ...you've been duped:

https://www.usnews.com/opinion/policy-d ... -obamacare
From the link. "duped into believing that the Affordable Care Act is failing". That is just so laughable. The damn thing is failing.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:15 pm

Just heard on the radio that Obamacare premiums will go up on average of 30% next year. This can be laid at the doorstep of all dimoKKKRATS and some Republicans.
Last edited by 1989TransAm on Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:18 pm

1989TransAm wrote:He is one of the very few Presidents to keep his word to the voters for one thing. He is doing what he said he would do on the campaign trail. That in itself is remarkable.
Absolutely. Go Trump. Market hit 22000 today, they are attempting to change the healthcare, and all the PC garbage is being done away with. I'm happy I voted for him.
Lykins Motorsports
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.lykinsmotorsports.com

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:19 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
From the link. "duped into believing that the Affordable Care Act is failing". That is just so laughable. The damn thing is failing.
It is failing, until you ask for data then you get "well I'll make it fail" which is bs.

It has problems and certainly can use improvement but its mostly accomplished what it was intended to do and isn't failing as a program, ...but you could argue it's failing people like blykins, but that can be fixed.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:20 pm

1989TransAm wrote:Just heard on the radio that Obamacare pre miums will go up on average of 30% next year. This can be laid at the hands of all dimoKKKRATS and some Republicans.
Makes sense to me. It jumped 20% in just one year for me. Why in the world should I go broke because someone else is too lazy to work? What's gonna happen when I can't afford insurance?
Lykins Motorsports

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:21 pm

1989TransAm wrote:Just heard on the radio that Obamacare premiums will go up on average of 30% next year. This can be laid at the doorstep of all dimoKKKRATS and some Republicans.
It's 12% here, unless the payments are withheld by Rump, then it will 18%.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:27 pm

I agree completely with your thought that surgeryies should not be on the public dime....but other than that I dont see the issue as long as they meet the standards for the job they want.
In which branch of the military did you serve?

Overwhelmingly, those who served do not want gays or trans in the bunk next to them, much less a fox hole.

blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins » Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:56 pm

David Redszus wrote:
I agree completely with your thought that surgeryies should not be on the public dime....but other than that I dont see the issue as long as they meet the standards for the job they want.

Overwhelmingly, those who served do not want gays or trans in the bunk next to them, much less a fox hole.
I wouldn't.

I have a very hard time believing that these individuals don't have some degree of mental problem. Would you trust someone next to you with an AR-15, who can't figure out whether they are male or female?

I believe that there has been a large degree of emotional stress in their childhoods at one time or another.....either a horrible divorce, molestation, incest, etc, etc. It's not normal for kids to not know if they are a boy or girl.
Lykins Motorsports

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:29 pm

blykins wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

I wouldn't.

I have a very hard time believing that these individuals don't have some degree of mental problem. Would you trust someone next to you with an AR-15, who can't figure out whether they are male or female?

I believe that there has been a large degree of emotional stress in their childhoods at one time or another.....either a horrible divorce, molestation, incest, etc, etc. It's not normal for kids to not know if they are a boy or girl.
You hit the nail on the head. How mentally stable are these people? I would say not very stable.

blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:41 pm

And that's the PC that I was referring to earlier. This country has become a country full of candy-ankle whiners. Go Trump....
Lykins Motorsports

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:12 am

David Redszus wrote:

The US air force, you?

It really doesn't matter what people...the constitution guarantees equal protection under the law. The military did extensive studies on how gay and trans troops impact readiness and found no negative impact to support a ban...with out data showing harm a ban is unconstitutional.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:14 am

I guess mk e is going to have to inform the military that they're now going to have to let everybody in regardless of age, physical/mental disabilities, weight, etc because it's clearly unconstitutional. I suppose making them actually make it through boot camp is "discriminatory" as well and should be eliminated right away.

Just like he said the SCOTUS would never allow Trump's travel ban, ("pause", actually), or win the nomination, or the election, or make it six months without being impeached, or the hundred other times he's been absolutely dead wrong in the last year; which if I'm not mistaken, is roughly 100%.