Another day, another health care bill failure...

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

blykins
Guru
Guru

Re: Another day, another health care bill failure...

Post by blykins » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:26 am

Yeah, his track record isn't too hot.
Lykins Motorsports
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.lykinsmotorsports.com

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:15 am

RevTheory wrote:
Just like he said the SCOTUS would never allow Trump's travel ban,
They didn't, it was effectively struck down 6-3....it was pretty big news, im surprised you missed it.
RevTheory wrote: I guess mk e is going to have to inform the military that they're now going to have to let everybody in regardless of age, physical/mental disabilities, weight, etc because it's clearly unconstitutional. I suppose making them actually make it through boot camp is "discriminatory" as well and should be eliminated right away.
Why would any of that be true?

If the standard has a legitimate purpose, there is no problem. All the branches have very clear physical and mental standards for every job and anyone want g the job needs to meet them. Simple right?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Re: Another day, another health care bill failure...81% Increase

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:51 pm

Director of insurance says to stabilize the market and reduce rates, Congress should repeal and replace Obamacare!
Health care insurers in Idaho have requested premium rate hikes as high as 81 percent for next year, according to the state's Department of Insurance.
The five insurers serving the individual market in Idaho are Blue Cross of Idaho Health Service, Mountain Health Co-Op, PacificSource Health Plans, Regence BlueShield of Idaho, and SelectHealth.
For all plans, insurers requested rates ranging from a low of 25 percent to a high of 51 percent for a combined average statewide rate increase of 38 percent. For Obamacare's popular Silver plan, the average rate increase among all insurers was even higher at 50 percent, with one insurer requesting a high of 81 percent.
"I am deeply disappointed and frustrated to share these rates," said Dean Cameron, who directs the department. "I understand how difficult it will be for Idahoans to afford reasonable coverage, especially those without a subsidy."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08 ... rcent.html

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:57 pm

Health insurer Aetna announced Thursday that it would completely withdraw from the Obamacare exchanges in 2018, after seeing its profits soar from reducing its participation this year.
The company said during an earnings call that it was withdrawing from the exchange in Nevada, the last state it had considered staying in. Aetna was leaving the possibility open because it was applying for a Medicaid managed care contract, and the state gives extra consideration to insurers that participate in both programs.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/aetna ... le/2630507

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:06 pm

It wasn't like that when he took over so there's no one to blame but Rump for that. Amazing much much damage a President can do to destabalize markets when he sets his mind to it isn't it? Consider it a you elected a turd tax and enjoy.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:34 pm

81%. Must be because I'm getting ready to turn 40..... :roll:

Guess what, mk e, it was going up before Trump was President. It was going WAY up. Quit being blind and close minded. Your candidate lost. Time to get over it and act like an adult. Whining and starting discourse is high school material.
Lykins Motorsports

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:35 pm

mk e wrote:It wasn't like that when he took over so there's no one to blame but Rump for that. Amazing much much damage a President can do to destabalize markets when he sets his mind to it isn't it? Consider it a you elected a turd tax and enjoy.
Just wait until Trump gets his hands on our tax code. Debt is climbing ever closer to 20 trillion as it is...

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Post by engineczar » Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:11 pm

I hope he eventually goes to a flat tax. I'd like a slice of that whole "equal protection under the law" pie.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:04 pm

blykins wrote:81%. Must be because I'm getting ready to turn 40..... :roll:

Guess what, mk e, it was going up before Trump was President. It was going WAY up. Quit being blind and close minded. Your candidate lost. Time to get over it and act like an adult. Whining and starting discourse is high school material.
It was going up, about 12% a year. Your boy Rump thought that was outrageous and promised to fix it on day 1. It is 6 months later and the only fixing he did was to threaten to cut payments and generally work to destabilize things.....hes the president so this is him mess and your fault for electing and unqualified and incompetent turd so man up and quit your whining.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:13 pm

So, did he actually promise that it would be fixed on day 1? Yeah, I didn't think so.

He may have promised to fix it, but in all fairness, you and I both know that it takes voting, meetings, and more voting to push a law through.

Listen, being angry because Hillary lost is your prerogative. However, spinning and stretching the truth because you don't agree with who's in office, is a farce and everyone sees through it.
Lykins Motorsports

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:30 pm

blykins wrote:So, did he actually promise that it would be fixed on day 1? Yeah, I didn't think so.
That's because you weren't listen to what he was saying, you were hearing what you wanted to hear. He made the ridiculous day 1 claim many times....but the truth is he didn't then and doesn't now even know what the problem is.

....so quit your whining and pay "the you elected a dumbass promising things that were impossible and/or would hurt you financially" tax and be proud of yourself. Pride can be expensive.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:48 pm

mk e wrote:
blykins wrote:So, did he actually promise that it would be fixed on day 1? Yeah, I didn't think so.
That's because you weren't listen to what he was saying, you were hearing what you wanted to hear. He made the ridiculous day 1 claim many times....but the truth is he didn't then and doesn't now even know what the problem is.

....so quit your whining and pay "the you elected a dumbass promising things that were impossible and/or would hurt you financially" tax and be proud of yourself. Pride can be expensive.
No, it's pretty simple. He didn't say that. ;)

Hey, if you don't like him, feel free to move out, ok?

You continue to put your own spin on what he says, but the truth of the matter is that your own spin is incorrect and I remember that you're incorrect every time I see the stock market over 22000.

Let me ask you something: what good do you think you're doing by bad mouthing Trump on here every day and also bad mouthing everyone who voted for him? Do you really think you're making a difference?
Lykins Motorsports

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:57 pm

blykins wrote:
mk e wrote:

No, it's pretty simple. He didn't say that. ;)

Hey, if you don't like him, feel free to move out, ok?

You continue to put your own spin on what he says, but the truth of the matter is that your own spin is incorrect and I remember that you're incorrect every time I see the stock market over 22000.

Let me ask you something: what good do you think you're doing by bad mouthing Trump on here every day and also bad mouthing everyone who voted for him? Do you really think you're making a difference?
Yes he did say it, here's a refresher:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/527147726600 ... show-clips

So you want him to have credit for the stock market that he's done absolutely nothing to affect, but the increase in health insurance costs that he's actively working to cause are not his fault? Really?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

blykins
Guru
Guru

Post by blykins » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:09 pm

Just as I thought… I watched that whole video and President Trump didn't even speak on it one time. I heard one announcer say that Trump "threatened to repeal Obamacare on day 1 " and then I heard vice President pence say that the first order of business was to repeal it.

You sir have poor integrity. Your statements are spun and twisted.

And yes the stock market is as high as it's ever been because traders are very optimistic about the current government standing. It has never been this high before and the increase was extremely defined after Trump took office.

Try again......
Lykins Motorsports

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:23 pm

blykins wrote:Just as I thought… I watched that whole video and President Trump didn't even speak on it one time. I heard one announcer say that Trump "threatened to repeal Obamacare on day 1 " and then I heard vice President pence say that the first order of business was to repeal it.

You sir have poor integrity. Your statements are spun and twisted.

And yes the stock market is as high as it's ever been because traders are very optimistic about the current government standing. It has never been this high before and the increase was extremely defined after Trump took office.

Try again......
Try this one, it's much clearer and right at the beginning:
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/video/do ... e-44896284
the I it one making shit up is you.

So again, the stock market up is egret Rump success based of nothing he's done, but your health care up as a direct result of his actions is not on him....because you believe he can do no wrong. Is tbat right?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer