Another day, another health care bill failure...

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Another day, another health care bill failure...

Postby sanfordandson » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:21 am

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/07 ... te-no.html

Senate Republicans failed to pass Majority Leader Mitch McConnell’s proposed “skinny repeal” amendment in a vote Friday morning, signaling what could be the end to any hopes of repealing and replacing ObamaCare.

As the clock neared 2 a.m. ET, the amendment proposal failed, 51-49, with Republican Sens. John McCain of Arizona, Susan Collins of Maine and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska joining Democrats in voting no.

“It is time to move on,” McConnell said after the vote.

Added Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer, D-N.Y.: "We are not celebrating. We are relieved."

Lots of big talk from trump and his underlings but all we ended up with is failure after massive failure.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Re: Another day, another health care bill failure...

Postby mk e » Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:28 am

A little amusing that McCain flew in to open the debate specifically so he could vote no on the real bill and kill it giving Rump quite a public loss.

.....appeaently pssing off the people who's help you need isn't a very good idea, who knew?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Postby 1989TransAm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:32 am

Here is a telling YouTube video on what a hypocrite John McCain is. He ran for repealing Obamacare and ran ads against it.
Watch this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zeFBguXeCc
Last edited by 1989TransAm on Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Firedome8
Expert
Expert

Postby Firedome8 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:33 am

I hope they can get together and improve the healthcare markets. The good ideas are n the middle, compromise is not a bad thing .

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Postby sanfordandson » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:53 am

mk e wrote:
.....appeaently pssing off the people who's help you need isn't a very good idea, who knew?

lesson learned?

probably not....lol

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Postby sanfordandson » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:55 am

Almost forgot, I would like to take a moment to than Mr McCain for his service to our country.

It's because of people like him that people like Trans Am can run their mouths and do so with no fear of reprisal from our govt.

engineczar
Expert
Expert

Postby engineczar » Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:57 am

Imagine that, an outsider thinks they can come in and stop the gravy train, who would've guessed it.

randy331
Guru
Guru

Postby randy331 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:47 am

How good for the vast majority of the US population could any bill be (health care or otherwise) that passes by 51-49 vote ?

Doesn't matter which party wrote the legislation it's not good when it passes by 1 vote.

I'd like to see it take a 60% yes for anything to pass. House and senate.

Randy

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Postby sanfordandson » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:51 pm

randy331 wrote:How good for the vast majority of the US population could any bill be (health care or otherwise) that passes by 51-49 vote ?

Doesn't matter which party wrote the legislation it's not good when it passes by 1 vote.

Randy

I agree, especially when it affects a vast majority of americans and is one sixth of our economy.

Speedbump
Guru
Guru

Postby Speedbump » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:04 pm

sanfordandson wrote:Almost forgot, I would like to take a moment to than Mr McCain for his service to our country.

It's because of people like him that people like Trans Am can run their mouths and do so with no fear of reprisal from our govt.

I don't often agree with him but I'm pretty sure Trans Am served also, unlike many of the mouths on this part of the forum.
Speedbump
"If it was easy, everybody would do it."

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Postby 1989TransAm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:58 pm

duplicate post
Last edited by 1989TransAm on Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Postby 1989TransAm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:59 pm

mk e wrote:A little amusing that McCain flew in to open the debate specifically so he could vote no on the real bill and kill it giving Rump quite a public loss.

So people like McCain think their feelings more important than what is best for the people? Murkowski is another one.

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Postby 1989TransAm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:01 pm

randy331 wrote:How good for the vast majority of the US population could any bill be (health care or otherwise) that passes by 51-49 vote ?

Randy

Never happen with the dimoKKKRATS wanting single payer.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Postby mk e » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:30 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
mk e wrote:A little amusing that McCain flew in to open the debate specifically so he could vote no on the real bill and kill it giving Rump quite a public loss.

So people like McCain think their feelings more important than what is best for the people? Murkowski is another one.

No, there were 6 or 12 that wanted to vote no but felt some pressure.....McCain has nothing to lose and decided yo take one for the team for the good of the country over the wants of the party. He basically said that's what he planned to do in his floor speech....but obviously people heard what they wanted to hear.
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Postby 1989TransAm » Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:15 pm

".....appeaently pssing off the people who's help you need isn't a very good idea, who knew?"

Just responding to what you posted. I guess you are so far out of it that you don't even know what you posted.

Return to “Politics / Religion / Current Events”