President Trump's Major Accomplishments In His First 6 Months

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

blykins
Guru
Guru

Re: President Trump's Major Accomplishments In His First 6 Months

Post by blykins » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:46 pm

I agree, watching you guys squirm because Hillary didn't win is just icing on my cake.
Lykins Motorsports
brent@lykinsmotorsports.com
www.lykinsmotorsports.com

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 pm

blykins wrote:I agree, watching you guys squirm because Hillary didn't win is just icing on my cake.
So any bets on when we will hit 20 trillion debt? :shock:

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:49 pm

blykins wrote:I agree, watching you guys squirm because Hillary didn't win is just icing on my cake.
It is kind of nice knowing that they can't wait to scour some Huffpo, NPR or some other far-left rag, hit piece article to jump on here with another misleading headline to troll thread and we wake up with a smile knowing that Donald J Trump is president and America is finally getting back on course, despite the swamp freaking out all over the place.

You think they'd be more patriotic.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:51 pm

RevTheory wrote:
It is kind of nice knowing that they can't wait to scour some Huffpo, NPR or some other far-left rag, hit piece article to jump on here with another misleading headline to troll thread and we wake up with a smile knowing that Donald J Trump is president and America is finally getting back on course, despite the swamp freaking out all over the place.

You think they'd be more patriotic.

even fox news is on to trump and his scams now. they cant hide it anymore.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:00 am

If I recall you believe in talking snakes also. So your world view is cloudy and you are prone to a cult mentally and it shows!!! You site news sources as fake but believe in a book full of superstitions,,,WTF Bet you will not try to defend that... Just saying ...

Hail trump the great,,,,put in place by god himself hail hail..

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:44 am

Guys, us patriots who voted for change and are getting exactly the change we wanted and are proud of our president need to remember that we're trying to have conversations with idiots who would rather see Killary in the White House.

You would think they would understand the most basic of concepts like the infiltration of progressive ideology and the deep state fighting back against change but apparently not. I could understand this "discussion" with brain-washed high school kids but not grown-ass men.

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:48 am

US adds 209,000 jobs in July as unemployment rate rises to 6.2%
Labor Department announces sixth straight month of jobs gains which follows upbeat report on economic growth

The US added another 209,000 new jobs in July, the sixth straight month of 200,000 plus jobs growth, as the unemployment rate inched up to 6.2%.

The figure was slightly weaker than expected but still marks the first time since 1997 that the US has added more than 200,000 jobs a month for six months in a row. The US has now added an average of 209,000 new jobs a month over the last 12 months. July’s figures were boosted by professional and business services, manufacturing, retail trade and construction.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics also increased its total nonfarm payroll employment figures for May and June. May was revised up from 224,000 to 229,000 and June from 288,000 to 298,000 – a total of 15,000 more jobs than previously reported.

The report was slightly below the consensus of economists forecasts. They had been expecting the unemployment rate to hold steady at 6.1% and 230,000 new jobs.

The report follows an upbeat report from the Commerce Department this week which showed a health rebound in US gross domestic product – the broadest measure of the economy – after a winter which caused the recovery to officially go into reverse.

US GDP grew at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.0% in the second quarter, the Commerce Department said Wednesday, bouncing back from a 2.1% contraction during the first three months of the year that economists had blamed in part on a historically frigid winter.

Paul Dales, senior US economist at Capital Economics, said: “The figures are slightly worse than expected but I think the bigger point is that they are still pretty good given the weakness of this recovery.”

He said the sixth month average in job gains was now at an eight year high. “There is some evidence now that the recovery is picking up pace,” he said.

Once again the jobs report highlighted serious problems in the labour market that have been left over from the recession. The number of long-term unemployed (those jobless for 27 weeks or more) was essentially unchanged at 3.2 million in July.

The labour force participation rate, which measures the percentage of the population in the workforce, remained close to a 30-year low at 62.9% and has been essentially unchanged since April. The rate indicates many people have given up looking for work.

The number of people defined as “employed part time for economic reasons” stayed at 7.5 million. These number includes people working part-time because their hours had been cut back or they have been unable to find a full-time job.

Unemployment for minorities and young people remain high. The unemployment rate for African Americans increased marginally to 11.4% in July. Teen unemployment stayed flat but at a startling 20%.

In a blog post Jason Furman, chairman of the White House council of economic advisers, wrote: “Looking at a range of indicators of unemployment, it is clear that we are far into the economic recovery—and that progress has been broadly shared –but we are not all the way there yet. The official unemployment rate is 80% of the way back to its pre-recession level, after rising from a 2001-07 average of 5.3% to a peak of 10.0%. In July, it was 6.2%. A range of other indicators also show that we have made progress but more work remains.”
The List Rev A =;
Last edited by Ken0069 on Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:50 am

I remember a time when Ken said unemployment numbers were fake.... :lol:

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:56 am

sanfordandson wrote:I remember a time when Ken said unemployment numbers were fake.... :lol:

Funny how those thing change isn't it? Somewhere I saw a post about 1M jobs added since Rumpl took office and rejoying...its been at or above that growth rate for 8 years but I agree more is good. What I haven't d anything about is the other 93M who need jobs... it was 94M out of work right?..so 93M left and were at 20-30% unemployed and realy suffering....or maybe, just maybe that was all crap for a lying buffoon?
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:10 am

sanfordandson wrote:I remember a time when Ken said unemployment numbers were fake.... :lol:
What is the participation rate ???

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:17 am

RevTheory wrote:Guys, us patriots who voted for change and are getting exactly the change we wanted and are proud of our president need to remember that we're trying to have conversations with idiots who would rather see Killary in the White House.

You would think they would understand the most basic of concepts like the infiltration of progressive ideology and the deep state fighting back against change but apparently not. I could understand this "discussion" with brain-washed high school kids but not grown-ass men.
Change for the better ok,,,,When the Gop balances the budget,,and a health care policy that lowers premiums and provides better care for all,,,when our military gets out of the middle east.
,,,when trump lowers taxes for working men and women.
I am not holding my breath for infrastructure improvements either.

mk e
Guru
Guru

Post by mk e » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:00 pm

RevTheory wrote:
You would think they would understand the most basic of concepts like the infiltration of progressive ideology and the deep state fighting back against change but apparently not.
The WH "deep state is real!" gut was fired, so perhaps we do understand.....

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/02/u ... oogle.com/
Mark
Mechanical Engineer

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:45 pm

We went through this the other day. In order to keep things apples to apples the same methods have to be used. Now President Trump addressed this at his rally last night and the labor participation rate. It will be up to Congress to pass the legislation needed to help create jobs. The tax laws need to be revised for one thing.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru

Post by sanfordandson » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:03 pm

1989TransAm wrote:
We went through this the other day. In order to keep things apples to apples the same methods have to be used.
Exactly...and the way unemployment is calculated hasnt changed.

Only difference is trumpettes now proclaim they are real numbers vs 6 months ago when they were "fake"

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:38 pm

1989TransAm wrote:We went through this the other day. In order to keep things apples to apples the same methods have to be used. Now President Trump addressed this at his rally last night and the labor participation rate. It will be up to Congress to pass the legislation needed to help create jobs. The tax laws need to be revised for one thing.
Yep, and I was hoping he would address those numbers at some point so I'm really glad that he did. Great rally, by the way. Go Trump!