Fukushima

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

dragz

Re: Fukushima

Post by dragz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:18 pm

paulzig wrote:
exhaustgases wrote:Why is the mammal world filled with male and female?
Because they reproduce, without reproduction evolution doesnt work .. If it wasnt for that fact you wouldnt be here to ponder why.

A machine like a computer or a watch, or a building, a bridge doesnt reproduce nor do their parts have any natural affinity towards each other.. So using arguments like the watch is silly when used to compare it to the evolutionary process ...

Any question like why is there something rather than nothing or a 'reason for' is the realm of philosophy and speculation, and you can answer that question any way you see fit ... If you want to battle science using misrepresentation, and arguments made from ignorance you will have a hard time doing it.

When you talk about evolution, you basically have to believe that at some point,........... life came from NON-life correct?

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:29 pm

In anything that has this affinity that you all non believers attest to, something had to design in that affinity to cause them to jump together.
And really there is no material with out energy, how did that material jump out of the energy? E=MC^2 so there is a hell of a bunch of energy in all that material that just appeared and arranged perfectly from nowhere. Its all the perfection of arrangement just like the arrangement of anything electrical or mechanical that man makes its all a thought process. Metal or any physical element is a design from a thought process. Even non god believing DNA scientists recognize the thought process it took to make the stuff.

Fireonthemountain

Post by Fireonthemountain » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:02 pm

The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsSpliLcV5I

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:26 pm

Fireonthemountain wrote:The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine

Yep

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:36 pm

exhaustgases wrote:In anything that has this affinity that you all non believers attest to, something had to design in that affinity to cause them to jump together.
And really there is no material with out energy, how did that material jump out of the energy? E=MC^2 so there is a hell of a bunch of energy in all that material that just appeared and arranged perfectly from nowhere. Its all the perfection of arrangement just like the arrangement of anything electrical or mechanical that man makes its all a thought process. Metal or any physical element is a design from a thought process. Even non god believing DNA scientists recognize the thought process it took to make the stuff.
Just because we don't know does not mean a deity did it??? If then what creation story is the true one?? Oh yea the one that is popular with your culture and other cultures well their wrong !!! How in the f does anyone think that a middle east bronze age tribal diety is the author of everything,,,,God is a possibility but I doubt he is making deals concerning your forskin???
Last edited by Firedome8 on Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fireonthemountain

Post by Fireonthemountain » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:50 pm

Firedome8 wrote:

Yep
But the problem is Thomas Paine did believe in a God...

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:54 pm

Fireonthemountain wrote:
Firedome8 wrote:

Yep
But the problem is Thomas Paine did believe in a God...
I believe in the possibility of a God ,,,just no proof. And I think Mr Payne was a bit smarter than me.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:25 pm

exhaustgases wrote:In anything that has this affinity that you all non believers attest to, something had to design in that affinity to cause them to jump together.
Please listen to the video,,,,"the age of reason" that is what I am trying to convey only I am like a ham fisted hack in my ability to so eloquently put forth the Truth .

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 pm

d9dd1f431069f3c8a7fcc9228d1b5965--losing-my-religion-anti-religion.jpg

paulzig
Pro
Pro

Post by paulzig » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:31 am

dragz wrote: When you talk about evolution, you basically have to believe that at some point,........... life came from NON-life correct?
Well thats called 'abiogenesis' it is a hypothesis at the moment and there are competing ideas around but we still dont know the conditions at the time to be able to test the hypothesis thoroughly.

The scientific theory of evolution doesnt say ANYTHING the origin of life, we take what we have and work backwards.
Up to this point the mechanisms and conditions at the time of abiogenesis contain some unknowns, these unknowns do not falsify evolution though, nor does big bang or anything else you may want to attach to it.

In the grand scheme of things, yes it would be nice to have a proper understanding of abiogenesis and yes that is life from non-life.

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:32 am

Imho, we can NOT fathom, "time-less-ness", and, "nothing-less-ness". Much less a universe that is forever! No beginning and no end!

I like to think the my GOD created me for companionship and to have someone to love HIM.

I can't imagine being GOD and being forever AND alone!

My GOD is, "I AM"...

And Satan screwed the pooch when he said, "I will"...

Hell to me is being forever separated from my GOD!!

pdq67

paulzig
Pro
Pro

Post by paulzig » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:40 am

pdq67 wrote: I like to think the my GOD created me for companionship and to have someone to love HIM.

Do you think he has regretted his decision? :)

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:52 am

No, not in the least because HE gave us free will.

pdq67

Firedome8
Guru
Guru

Post by Firedome8 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:23 am

pdq67 wrote:Imho, we can NOT fathom, "time-less-ness", and, "nothing-less-ness". Much less a universe that is forever! No beginning and no end!

I like to think the my GOD created me for companionship and to have someone to love HIM.

I can't imagine being GOD and being forever AND alone!

My GOD is, "I AM"...

And Satan screwed the pooch when he said, "I will"...

Hell to me is being forever separated from my GOD!!

pdq67
And if you do not obey,,,,burn for eternity,,,,did not Satan work for God in that convoluted old book ?

RevTheory
Guru
Guru

Post by RevTheory » Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:34 am

It only sounds convoluted to those that are incapable of understanding it.