Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

Post Reply
sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by sanfordandson » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:59 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 28001.html
Donald Trump Jr. was told in an email before meeting a Russian lawyer who he thought had material damaging to Hillary Clinton that it was part of a Russian government bid to aid his father's presidential campaign, the New York Times said on Monday.

Citing three people with knowledge of the email, the paper said publicist Rob Goldstone indicated in the message to U.S. President Donald Trump's eldest son that the Russian government was the source of the potentially damaging information.

Trump Jr did not indicate in a statement on Sunday that he had been told the lawyer might be a proxy for the Kremlin.

The email is likely to be of interest to investigators examining whether any Trump associates colluded with the Russian government to sway last year's election, the Times said.

Trump Jr. hired a lawyer on Monday to represent him in the Russia-related investigations as prominent Republicans voiced concern about the meeting between the president's son and a Russian.

Allegations of the Trump campaign's ties to Russia have cast a shadow over the Republican president's first months in office and sparked investigations by congressional committees and a federal special counsel, Robert Mueller, into whether Russia interfered in the election and colluded with the Trump campaign.

Moscow denies interfering and Trump, who became president on Jan. 20, says there was no collusion.

"It’s a very serious development," Representative Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told MSNBC of the Times report. "It all warrants thorough investigation. Everyone who was in that meeting ought to come before our committee."

statsystems
Guru
Guru
Posts: 1144
Joined: Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:17 am

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by statsystems » Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:35 am

sanfordandson wrote:https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump ... 28001.html
Donald Trump Jr. was told in an email before meeting a Russian lawyer who he thought had material damaging to Hillary Clinton that it was part of a Russian government bid to aid his father's presidential campaign, the New York Times said on Monday.

Citing three people with knowledge of the email, the paper said publicist Rob Goldstone indicated in the message to U.S. President Donald Trump's eldest son that the Russian government was the source of the potentially damaging information.

Trump Jr did not indicate in a statement on Sunday that he had been told the lawyer might be a proxy for the Kremlin.

The email is likely to be of interest to investigators examining whether any Trump associates colluded with the Russian government to sway last year's election, the Times said.

Trump Jr. hired a lawyer on Monday to represent him in the Russia-related investigations as prominent Republicans voiced concern about the meeting between the president's son and a Russian.

Allegations of the Trump campaign's ties to Russia have cast a shadow over the Republican president's first months in office and sparked investigations by congressional committees and a federal special counsel, Robert Mueller, into whether Russia interfered in the election and colluded with the Trump campaign.

Moscow denies interfering and Trump, who became president on Jan. 20, says there was no collusion.

"It’s a very serious development," Representative Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told MSNBC of the Times report. "It all warrants thorough investigation. Everyone who was in that meeting ought to come before our committee."

Why should anyone go before that committe? If the Russians had dirt on HRC why not go get it? Why leave it there? Common sense says you follow all leads.

Didn't the DNC follow every lead when it found and exposed the grab me by the pussy video? The beautiful thing was that Trump supporters were smart enough to know locker room talk.

If Bill sexual predator Clinton had made a tape like that, his past record would show a reason to look into it. President Trump has NEVER been accused of ANY sexual predatory crimes. Unlike slick willy. A known predator that was protected by his "woman's rights" wife. It's only good for billery to protect sexually assaulted women as long as her sham husband isn't doing the sexual assaulting. If slick willy is doing the predatory sexual assault, all you can expect the frigid dike to do is attack the victim in every case. The clintons are hipocrits of the lowest order. When it suits them they support women. When slick willy is grabbing me by the pussy then they are nothing but trailer trash whore and you can drag a 5 dollar bill through a trailer park and get all you want for that 5 spot.


The Clinton crime family has a sickening history. Jail is too good for the entire corrupt killing manchine.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:49 am

statsystems wrote:


Why should anyone go before that committe? If the Russians had dirt on HRC why not go get it? Why leave it there? Common sense says you follow all leads.

Didn't the DNC follow every lead when it found and exposed the grab me by the pussy video? The beautiful thing was that Trump supporters were smart enough to know locker room talk.
Getting dirt from a hostile foreign country known for lies and deceit is a whole different ballgame!

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by engineczar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:31 am

sanfordandson wrote:Getting dirt from a hostile foreign country known for lies and deceit is a whole different ballgame!
Not a whole lot different than getting dirt from the NY times or CNN

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:37 am

engineczar wrote:
sanfordandson wrote:Getting dirt from a hostile foreign country known for lies and deceit is a whole different ballgame!
Not a whole lot different than getting dirt from the NY times or CNN
yea...exact same thing...LOL #-o

The hypocrisy of the few remaining trump supporters is amazing.

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by engineczar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:48 am

sanfordandson wrote:
engineczar wrote:
sanfordandson wrote:Getting dirt from a hostile foreign country known for lies and deceit is a whole different ballgame!
Not a whole lot different than getting dirt from the NY times or CNN
yea...exact same thing...LOL #-o

The hypocrisy of the few remaining trump supporters is amazing.
The ignorance of the Trans-Republicans is frightening #-o #-o

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:52 am

engineczar wrote:The ignorance of the Trans-Republicans is frightening #-o #-o
the new trumpanzees moto is party before country at ANY cost! =D> #-o

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by engineczar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:00 am

sanfordandson wrote:
engineczar wrote:The ignorance of the Trans-Republicans is frightening #-o #-o
the new trumpanzees moto is party before country at ANY cost! =D> #-o
The new Trans-Republicans motto is if I end every post with an emoji that it turns my opinion into a fact.
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o<

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:36 am

engineczar wrote:
sanfordandson wrote:
engineczar wrote:The ignorance of the Trans-Republicans is frightening #-o #-o
the new trumpanzees moto is party before country at ANY cost! =D> #-o
The new Trans-Republicans motto is if I end every post with an emoji that it turns my opinion into a fact.
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: =D> #-o =P~ :^o [-X [-o<
The story is very factual. even the trumps admit it now. :^o :mrgreen:

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by engineczar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:48 am

Speed talk meme.jpg
Speed talk meme.jpg (47.58 KiB) Viewed 728 times

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:56 am

The russian lawyer is now admitting she had no info. It was a classic bait and switch that the trumps fell for.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wanted-badly ... 23802.html
“I never had any damaging or sensitive information about Hillary Clinton. It was never my intention to have that,” Veselnitskaya told NBC News though a translator.

“It’s quite possible that maybe they were looking for such information,” she said. “They wanted it so badly.”

David Redszus
Guru
Guru
Posts: 5732
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:27 am
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by David Redszus » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:32 am

sanfordandson wrote:The russian lawyer is now admitting she had no info. It was a classic bait and switch that the trumps fell for.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wanted-badly ... 23802.html
“I never had any damaging or sensitive information about Hillary Clinton. It was never my intention to have that,” Veselnitskaya told NBC News though a translator.

“It’s quite possible that maybe they were looking for such information,” she said. “They wanted it so badly.”
It seem absolutely idiotic that any leftist could possibly complain about Trump after having foisted a total idiot like Obama on the American people for eight years (count em') by using lies and fabrications.

S & S, until the Trump administration becomes as inept and corrupt as the Obama debacle, you have no ground to stand on much less emote any criticism.

Be a man and accept the verdict of the American people who asked for a total housecleaning.
They're getting it and loving it.

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:00 pm

David Redszus wrote:It seem absolutely idiotic that any leftist could possibly complain about Trump after having foisted a total idiot like Obama on the American people for eight years (count em') by using lies and fabrications.

the old argument that Obama/clinton did it so it's ok for trump to do it is getting pretty old.

You guys voted trump for change, not for the same garbage we had for 8 years. Nothing is changing. Same tactics, different political party.

engineczar
Expert
Expert
Posts: 683
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:47 am
Location: Dubois, Wy.

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by engineczar » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:12 pm

sanfordandson wrote:
David Redszus wrote:It seem absolutely idiotic that any leftist could possibly complain about Trump after having foisted a total idiot like Obama on the American people for eight years (count em') by using lies and fabrications.

the old argument that Obama/clinton did it so it's ok for trump to do it is getting pretty old.

You guys voted trump for change, not for the same garbage we had for 8 years. Nothing is changing. Same tactics, different political party.
Says the guy who voted for Hillary Clinton and would have voted for Jon Kasich :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

sanfordandson
Guru
Guru
Posts: 3240
Joined: Sat May 20, 2006 6:28 pm

Re: Trump Jr. was told of Russian effort to help father's campaign

Post by sanfordandson » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:29 pm

engineczar wrote: Says the guy who voted for Hillary Clinton and would have voted for Jon Kasich :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Wrong guy. Your lies won't make your point any more valid.... [-X

Post Reply