Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4239
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by j-c-c » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:06 pm

86_regal wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:20 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:09 pm
Like saying slavery is self correcting
Slavery was and is self correcting. As the need for a farm labor work force diminished, so did the need for slavery. Agricultural mechanization did more to eliminate the need for slavery than did political actions and wars. Not merely in the US, but also around the world.
or maybe every system self corrects eventually with its own demise as power and wealth reach critical mass in the hands of a few?
Every system will self correct if allowed to do so. Socialism does not allow self correction and does allow power to accumulate in the hands of a few. The difference is whether those few are those who created the wealth or those political rascals who simply took it away from those who did the real work. Socialism has always equated to political rascals, even more so today.
"Takes money to make money", and "the more money you have the more money you make", ring a bell?
Complete nonsense. Little companies make little mistakes, big companies make big mistakes, governments make massive mistakes.
Excellent post David...

In particular, I would like to add that if it were true it "takes money to make money", I would then ask why or "how" 80% of American millionaires are FIRST Generation millionaires...
Its your point, tell us what it proves?
Because they get elected to Congress? :shock:

86_regal
Pro
Pro
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:02 pm

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by 86_regal » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:06 pm
86_regal wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:20 pm
David Redszus wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:09 pm
Slavery was and is self correcting. As the need for a farm labor work force diminished, so did the need for slavery. Agricultural mechanization did more to eliminate the need for slavery than did political actions and wars. Not merely in the US, but also around the world.

Every system will self correct if allowed to do so. Socialism does not allow self correction and does allow power to accumulate in the hands of a few. The difference is whether those few are those who created the wealth or those political rascals who simply took it away from those who did the real work. Socialism has always equated to political rascals, even more so today.

Complete nonsense. Little companies make little mistakes, big companies make big mistakes, governments make massive mistakes.
Excellent post David...

In particular, I would like to add that if it were true it "takes money to make money", I would then ask why or "how" 80% of American millionaires are FIRST Generation millionaires...
Its your point, tell us what it proves?
Because they get elected to Congress? :shock:
I must admit... that's a great retort, Kudos.

No doubt that virtually every congressman entering politics typically leaves MUCH wealthier, while not really ever producing anything. But there's still a big gap between the hundreds of congressman and that remaining 80%.

The statistic originates from Thomas Stanley's "The millionaire next door" which reveals what the average American Millionaire looks like, acts like and spends like. It was a real eye opener to me and I believe it'd be worth your while to read it as well because it obliterates the commonly held mythical perceptions of who these people are.

The data cited from the book that really jumped out at me were:
Of over a hundred millionaires polled, the most commonly owned vehicle among them was a used Ford F-150.
These same millionaires' business associates were polled to determine the most common character traits among them.
It was concluded the MOST COMMON character trait was INTEGRITY. That's right, integrity. ALWAYS delivering on your promises and NEVER defaulting on their obligations.

Counterintuitive to many I'm sure, until common sense is allowed to take hold. Who wants to do business with someone who DOESN'T deliver what they promise? Or is untrustworthy? Who LACKS integrity?

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4567
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by Ken0069 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:56 pm

phukujack.gif
phukujack.gif (688.98 KiB) Viewed 410 times
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4239
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by j-c-c » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:05 am

86_regal wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:39 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:06 pm
86_regal wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:20 pm


Excellent post David...

In particular, I would like to add that if it were true it "takes money to make money", I would then ask why or "how" 80% of American millionaires are FIRST Generation millionaires...
Its your point, tell us what it proves?
Because they get elected to Congress? :shock:
I must admit... that's a great retort, Kudos.

No doubt that virtually every congressman entering politics typically leaves MUCH wealthier, while not really ever producing anything. But there's still a big gap between the hundreds of congressman and that remaining 80%.

The statistic originates from Thomas Stanley's "The millionaire next door" which reveals what the average American Millionaire looks like, acts like and spends like. It was a real eye opener to me and I believe it'd be worth your while to read it as well because it obliterates the commonly held mythical perceptions of who these people are.

The data cited from the book that really jumped out at me were:
Of over a hundred millionaires polled, the most commonly owned vehicle among them was a used Ford F-150.
These same millionaires' business associates were polled to determine the most common character traits among them.
It was concluded the MOST COMMON character trait was INTEGRITY. That's right, integrity. ALWAYS delivering on your promises and NEVER defaulting on their obligations.

Counterintuitive to many I'm sure, until common sense is allowed to take hold. Who wants to do business with someone who DOESN'T deliver what they promise? Or is untrustworthy? Who LACKS integrity?
Why do you assume I have not read the "next door" book, I thought it was a Chevy btw.

Sorry, again based on my life experiences, the perception of integrity is very useful and provides great cover, but if that trait is indeed true, it is strange why the reported percentages of infidelity is so high among such a group that self promotes its own high integrity. Two things are very corrosive to integrity. I just mentioned the second one.

While we are at, let me know if you can ever get DT to admit even once to ever lying as some integrity barometer?

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4567
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by Ken0069 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:16 am

phuku4.jpg
phuku4.jpg (8.5 KiB) Viewed 395 times
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

j-c-c
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4239
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:03 pm

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by j-c-c » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:28 am

Ken0069 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:16 am
phuku4.jpg
Words fail you?

Sad.

BTW, your flag is upside down.

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:15 pm

Ken0069 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:16 am
phuku4.jpg
Mickey mouse is a good mascot for your socialist a$$

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4567
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by Ken0069 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm

phuku.jpg
phuku.jpg (23.43 KiB) Viewed 379 times
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:18 pm

Ken0069 wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:16 pm
phuku.jpg
Your mother know you use her picture in your right wing nutter rants? Stupid f socialist.

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4996
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:48 pm

Aaa.jpg

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by Firedome8 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:37 pm

RevTheory wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:48 pm
Aaa.jpg
Your daddy at his best

RevTheory
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4996
Joined: Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:45 am

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by RevTheory » Sun Oct 28, 2018 1:41 pm

Yo mama! You're such a damn child :lol:

Edit: Check out the Trump/Punisher coffee mug I just ordered. Keep and bear dot com :mrgreen:
Punisher-Mug_1400x.jpg

User avatar
Ken0069
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4567
Joined: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:25 am
Location: Historic Appomattox County, Va
Contact:

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by Ken0069 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:29 pm

Image
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)


Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

Firedome8
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4192
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:16 pm
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by Firedome8 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:00 am

Rand advocated reason to be the single most significant aspect of her philosophy stating: "I am not primarily an advocate of capitalism, but of egoism; and I am not primarily an advocate of egoism, but of reason. If one recognizes the supremacy of reason and applies it consistently, all the rest follows."

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru
Posts: 4218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:03 pm

Re: Oh The Joys Of Socialism..................NOT!

Post by exhaustgases » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:43 am

If all the non educated would wake up, and learn about socialism, then maybe they would not think its so cool. It is essentially a super dictatorship telling you what you can and can't have or do. Millennials must be some kind of religionists because they don't seem to like worldly possessions. Goes to show you Marxism has taught them well.

Post Reply