Anti Warming News

Any topic with a chance of polarization - Not for the easily offended.

Moderator: Team

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Re: Anti Warming News

Post by David Redszus » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:02 pm

"‘The bottom line is that we can’t read too much into the temperatures of a year or two,’ she said. ‘We will need the perspective of another five years to understand what is going on.’ "
Actually, to know what is really going on with regard to the changing earth and universe will require about another 500 years. Stay tuned and stay funded. :D

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:12 pm

David,

You missed my point!

pdq67

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:45 am

pdq67 wrote:David,

You missed my point!

pdq67
I got your point.
Perhaps you missed mine.

Climate research requires a very long time line. Everything less than a few
hundred years is simply noise in the system.

F-BIRD'88
Guru
Guru

Post by F-BIRD'88 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:48 am

It is always hard to sell the Global Warming MYTH here in Canada especially at this time of year. Ha hA

A little perspective:
enjoy
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canad ... -in-canada

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:14 am

David Redszus wrote:
pdq67 wrote:David,

You missed my point!

pdq67
I got your point.
Perhaps you missed mine.

Climate research requires a very long time line. Everything less than a few
hundred years is simply noise in the system.
David,

I'm sorry, we both got each others point!

pdq67

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:53 am

And the "M0R0N" of the day award goes to...................................wait for it................................this article written by TATIANA SCHLOSSBERG of the New York Times??

Feeling a Chill? Blame the Polar Vortex. And Global Warming. :roll:
By TATIANA SCHLOSSBERG
DEC. 15, 2016

See the "M0R0N" of the day article HERE!
On Thursday, temperatures on the East Coast are expected to plummet, and some people — fellow journalists and weather broadcasters, we’re looking at you — may start talking about a “polar vortex.”

We thought you might want to know what the polar vortex is, and what it’s not.

(And we wanted to pre-empt the inevitable chatter about climate change that usually crops up when the thermometer drops — “It’s bone-shakingly cold, how could the Earth be warming?” We’ll tell you how.)

First, the polar vortex always exists. That catchy, extreme-sounding phrase is another term for the polar jet streams, which are caused by low-pressure and cold air, encircling both poles. They swirl from west to east, centered around the poles.

When a dip in the polar vortex comes to our part of the world, it’s usually the result of a change in pressure, which disturbs the swirl, and can push the frosty Arctic air south, according to Faye Barthold, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service. And the Arctic jet stream (or polar vortex) can sometimes dip far enough south that it allows the cold air to travel down to places that do not normally have Arctic conditions, like wherever you live.

When there is this dip in the jet stream that brings cold to the East, there’s usually a countervailing loop that takes warm air into Alaska or the Arctic. In the last few years, a frozen East has often coincided with a warm Alaska.

But this phenomenon is not exclusive to North America — the polar vortex can freeze Europe and Asia, too.

When the Arctic jet stream moves back north, it sort of forces the cold air to travel back that way, too, Ms. Barthold said, and that is why the frigid temperatures brought by the polar vortex are usually short-lived.

But for it to bring record-setting cold temperatures, it usually has to come to us straight from the Arctic, as opposed to dipping somewhere else in the country, and then moving to wherever you are. That’s because as the cold air stays at lower latitudes, it warms up, gaining heat from adjacent warmer air.

And those super cold temperatures may generally be brought our way by the polar vortex, but cold winter weather is not always a result of Arctic air moving right into our midst.

When these cold snaps come, you may hear other people asking,” If global warming is supposed to be warming the globe, then why is it so cold?”

Well, for starters, there is a difference between weather and climate. Climate refers to the long-term averages and trends in atmospheric conditions over large areas, while weather deals with short-term variations, which is what happens when the polar vortex visits your hometown.

And of course, an Arctic blast can still occur in a warmer world. The air that comes down from the North Pole might not be as cold, Ms. Barthold said, but it would still be the product of the same phenomenon.

Some studies suggest that climate change could actually make these frigid waves of Arctic air more common, a result of shrinking sea ice. However, other scientists remain skeptical of this theory.

And the earth is definitely warming: Temperature records show that, by the end of last year, the earth’s surface had warmed by about 1.8 degrees Fahrenheit since the 19th century. But even though the earth’s surface is warming, scientists say that winter will still exist.

And even if parts of the United States are experiencing unusually cold temperatures, it represents such a small portion of the earth’s surface — about 2 percent — that it does not mean much in terms of average global temperatures.

So, if, for instance, a senator (perhaps James M. Inhofe, Republican of Oklahoma) brandishes a snowball on the floor of the Senate to dispute the validity of climate science when a chill wind blows through Washington, you will know that the unseasonably cold temperatures he is talking about do not mean that global warming is not happening.

It is. :roll:
The List Rev A
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)

Big Boyz Toyz!

Global Warming Is a FRAUD!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:54 pm

In other words, winter finally hit the NE!!

Just like it is hitting here in the Mid-West like it always does!!

Oh, just went out and got our mail, it was ever so lightly misting at 26 degrees. The top of the mailbox had a skim of ice on it!

I hope Mother Nature gets this out of her system before Christmas gets here because of people traveling everywhere..

pdq67

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:40 pm

Heh, good luck with this one!! I'll bet it goes over like a turd in a punch bowl!! libs/progressives/warmers only spend OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY, not their own!!

Greens Request Private Sector Keep the Cash Flowing
Eric Worrall / 12 hours ago December 17, 2016

From THIS article.
Greens have requested that Private Businesses step in and top up an anticipated funding shortfall of in excess of ten billion dollars per annum, when Trump cancels US government funding of climate programmes.

The Private Sector May Lead the Charge Against Climate Change During the Trump Administration

Why? Because it makes economic sense. No matter what Trump and his cabinet do, the private sector will likely forge ahead, argues Shayle Kann.

by Shayle Kann
December 15, 2016

As the inauguration of President Donald Trump approaches, the future of federal action on energy and climate change remains highly uncertain. And while nothing is set in stone, there is mounting evidence that the new administration will drastically change course from the path set out by President Obama.

While no outcome is preordained, it is probably safe to assume that the U.S. will not take significant federal action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions over the next four years. And it is possible that the federal government will begin to roll back many of the R&D and investment programs that have supported the recent domestic boom in clean energy. Initiatives already underway in a few states may act as a limited countervailing force, but the absence of federal action will be strongly felt.

Large companies are already taking action

If the federal government steps back, the private sector may leap forward. The U.S. business community has already become an increasingly emphatic voice in the chorus of calls for greater action on climate change. Just after the U.S. election, during the Marrakech climate talks, over 300 businesses signed an open letter to the incoming president in support of the Paris climate accord and continuation of low-carbon policies. Ninety-one of these companies have annual revenue over $100 million, including DuPont, General Mills and Intel Corporation.

Corporate action cannot entirely make up for intransigence at the federal level, but it may just be enough to allow the global decarbonization trend to continue apace.
Read more: https://www.greentechmedia.com/articles ... ate-change

While there is no doubt some CEOs are as rabidly committed to renewables as any Greenpeace protestor, this assumption that private businesses will step into the breach, that they will somehow be able to keep the party going, verges on delusional.

I’m sure private businesses run by hardline greens be able to stump up a few hundred million, maybe even every year. But in my opinion green groups are about to experience a very hard landing. Nobody will be able to cover the multi-billion dollar cash shortfall they are all about to experience.
The List Rev A
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."

Big Boyz Toyz!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:47 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Then the, "GREENS", need to finance THEIR AGENDA themselves and leave my money alone!!

It's like the stupid twits that say our Earth is over populated!! I don't see any of them blowing their brains out to lessen this so-called over population, does anybody else??

pdq67

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:02 pm

Big Boyz Toyz!

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:44 am

U.S. Colder Now than All of Last Winter
December 18th, 2016 by Roy W. Spencer, Ph. D.

From THIS website!
If it seems like the current cold snap is unusual, you are right.

As of 5 7 a.m. EST this morning, Sunday, Dec. 18, the average temperature across the Lower 48 states of the U.S. is colder than any time all last winter.

As this plot of hourly temperatures shows, the average temperature is 18 16 deg. F, which is 2 4 deg. colder than any time last winter (graphic courtesy of Weatherbell.com):

Even the unusual warmth remaining in the Southeast U.S. is not enough to offset the frigid airmass much of the country is now experiencing. And the coldest part of winter is still six weeks away.
The List Rev A

Big Boyz Toyz!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:03 pm

Columbia, MO!! I have been, "baby-sitting", our house the last several days because I worry when it get's down around zero or below because of the possibility of frozen water lines SOMEWHERE!!

I have a couple of small cheap $14 Lowes electric heaters I get out and put where I think that we may have a problem, then watch them every 3 to 4 hours through out the days and nights

It has been like 3 below, then 9 above, then 3 below for several days here so I haven't gotten much sleep. It's warming up, (35 degrees above), so I went around and turned them off until it gets cold again. One good thing here is that the wind hasn't been blowing because, you take zero and add a 20 mph wind, you got a problem..

pdq67

Ken0069
Guru
Guru

Post by Ken0069 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:35 pm

And the SHTF AGAIN! Gotta love it!! =D>

Trump Wants To Know How Much Taxpayer Money The State Department Gives Environmental Groups :shock: =D>
Michael Bastasch

From THIS article!
President-elect Donald Trump’s transition team is asking the Department of State how much it gives to environmental groups for global warming programs.

“How much does the Department of State contribute annually to international environmental organizations in which the department participates?” reads one question on a list sent to the Bureau of Oceans and International Environmental and Scientific Affairs, multiple sources told The Washington Post.

It’s not clear what groups Trump is looking at, but before the election, Trump said he’d “cancel billions of dollars in global warming payments to the United Nations” and reallocate that money to domestic environmental projects.

Trump’s team clarified he would “cancel all wasteful climate change spending,” including funding going to the U.N. Trump’s team claims cutting this spending could save $100 billion over eight years. Auditors estimated federal agencies spent $77 billion on climate programs from 2008 and 2013.

Trump could be referring to the Green Climate Fund, or possibly he’s referring to funding given to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) and the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP).

President Obama pledged $3 billion to the Green Climate Fund (GCF), but has only sent $500 million. The letter has activists riled up.

Indeed, activists were already concerned by a letter sent by the transition team to the Department of Energy (DOE) asking for the names of employees who worked on climate programs and attended the U.N.’s summit.

That questionnaire sparked a conspiracy theory Trump would intimidate scientists and delete public climate data. These theories are completely unsupported by statements from Trump’s team.

Trump’s team disavowed the DOE questionnaire, but it’s already sparked cries from lawmakers to hold hearings on the matter. DOE refused to hand over any employee names to the transition team.

The State Department, on the other hand, said the transition team’s questions were “legitimate.”

“They are legitimately looking at the organization of things here at Foggy Bottom, and asking responsible questions about how the State Department is organized, how it’s resourced, how it’s managed, and trying to get a handle on the organization they will inherit in a few weeks,” an anonymous official told the Post. “It’s legitimate. It’s normal. It’s responsible. If they weren’t doing it, you’d be asking questions.”

“We are helping, providing information on request. If they ask, they get it. We want them to succeed. A big part of that is getting a firm grip on things,” said the source.
The List

Big Boyz Toyz!

pdq67
Guru
Guru

Post by pdq67 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:52 pm

I would love it if ONE OF THE 1st things Trump does AFTER rolling back ACA and a bunch of other crap is an audit to see how much money is being spent/wasted on this crap by our Gov. paying the bill with MY taxpayer money.

Then stop it!!

And of course get us outta the UN and defund it!!

pdq67

1989TransAm
Guru
Guru

Post by 1989TransAm » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Obama fired top climate scientist in order to promote his climate change agenda. Not doubt in my mind this is true.

http://freebeacon.com/politics/congress ... nge-plans/