Trump approves 15% ethanol

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

rebelrouser
Expert
Expert

Trump approves 15% ethanol

Post by rebelrouser » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:49 pm

I guess to make the farmers happy Trump approved 15% ethanol, good luck running older cars and trucks on it.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story ... 297055001/

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Re: Trump approves 15% ethanol

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 am

Its because he hasn't talked to one of us. He needs lessons in the climate religion.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:20 am

exhaustgases wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:21 am
Its because he hasn't talked to one of us. He needs lessons in the climate religion.
I disagree, quite the opposite, he has cow towed to his "base" all along.

Its a house of card he has built, eventually he will PO everyone in his base, if he doesn't blow us up first.

SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 am

The whole ethanol deal needs to go away. From what I understand it isn't an economic way to fuel independence. Believe both sides of the aisle are to blame for this "green boondoggle".
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine

exhaustgases
Guru
Guru

Post by exhaustgases » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:22 am

SupStk wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:35 am
The whole ethanol deal needs to go away. From what I understand it isn't an economic way to fuel independence. Believe both sides of the aisle are to blame for this "green boondoggle".
Yup there are no sides to the deep state, they used to run in lock step, Trump broke the bond.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:30 am

Wait a minute. I thought Trump supports were supposed to cow tow to Trump.
Now, you say he cow tows to his supporters. :shock:

Trump is wrong on this one. Ethanol is not a good fuel and should be allowed but not mandated.
Either we support free enterprise or we don't.

Ethyl alcohol belongs in a glass with ice, not in a fuel tank.

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm

David Redszus wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:30 am

Trump is wrong on this one. Ethanol is not a good fuel and should be allowed but not mandated.

tRUMP can "read " his targeted audience on the fly better then anybody I have seen in my lifetime, the danger there is, he has no real ideology, is tied to no real core values, and can switch on a dime, that has been proven, trying to stay in front of his base, makes him appear to be a Strong leader, one give away, he is always floating "trial balloons", on important provocative announcements, so he can decide whether to turn the wick up further, or flip flop and say he was only joking or its fake news, or he will soon release further details, etc crap.

86_regal
Pro
Pro

Post by 86_regal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:14 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:44 pm
David Redszus wrote:

tRUMP can "read " his targeted audience on the fly better then anybody I have seen in my lifetime, the danger there is, he has no real ideology, is tied to no real core values, and can switch on a dime, that has been proven, trying to stay in front of his base, makes him appear to be a Strong leader, one give away, he is always floating "trial balloons", on important provocative announcements, so he can decide whether to turn the wick up further, or flip flop and say he was only joking or its fake news, or he will soon release further details, etc crap.
I completely agree...
IMO, the ONLY thing that distinguishes Trump from those of the political machine is his punchy, bombastic, apolitical vernacular which resonates with many Americans because they’re tired of listening to someone speak for 10 minutes without saying a word.

Politicians who are NOT chronically “putting their feelers out” and monitoring polls are the exception, not the rule...

Despite the fact that most Americans should care about this issue, they don’t. The political cost of a handful of technical “community” like us, astute enough to object to it is FAR outweighed by the benefit(s) of the corporate farming “community”.

86_regal
Pro
Pro

Post by 86_regal » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:19 pm

86_regal wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:14 pm
j-c-c wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

I completely agree...
IMO, the ONLY thing that distinguishes Trump from those of the political machine is his punchy, bombastic, apolitical vernacular which resonates with many Americans because they’re tired of listening to someone speak for 10 minutes without saying a word.

Politicians who are NOT chronically “putting their feelers out” and monitoring polls are the exception, not the rule...

Despite the fact that most Americans should care about this issue, they don’t. The political cost of a handful of technical “community” like us, astute enough to object to it is FAR outweighed by the benefit(s) of the corporate farming “community”.
On the heels of this statement,

In many cases, the only difference between a salesman (like Trump) and a lawyer (like the overwhelming majority of Congress) is the audience.

rebelrouser
Expert
Expert

Post by rebelrouser » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:13 pm

j-c-c wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

Trump knows farmers are being hurt by the tariffs, this was just something to give corn farmers hope.

SupStk
Guru
Guru

Post by SupStk » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:16 pm

I constantly hear the tariffs are killing American agriculture repeated here. How are tariffs hurting American farmers? All the high costs in a farming operation aren’t from products produced offshore.
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine

Dave Koehler
Guru
Guru

Post by Dave Koehler » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:00 pm

The only thing hurting farmers this year is the overly wet spring so far.
Probably will have to wait until harvest to see the effect.
Farmers would prefer no tariffs like anyone else.
Farmers also don't like subsidies but turning it down is foolish.
Funny thing is that most of the time it does not amount to all that much for the average farm.

If you think big pharma is greedy and controlling you should see what seed fertilizer companies command.
Dave Koehler - Koehler Injection
Fuel Injection - Nitrous Charger - Balancing - Nitrous Master software
http://www.koehlerinjection.com
"Never let a race car know that you are in a hurry."

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:54 pm

rebelrouser wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:13 pm
j-c-c wrote:
David Redszus wrote:

Trump knows farmers are being hurt by the tariffs, this was just something to give corn farmers hope.
We likely disagree on what exactly tRUMP knows vs what his enablers tell him for instance.

86_regal
Pro
Pro

Post by 86_regal » Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:22 pm

j-c-c wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:54 pm
rebelrouser wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:13 pm
j-c-c wrote:

We likely disagree on what exactly tRUMP knows vs what his enablers tell him for instance.
Whether or what Trump knows in this case is entirely irrelevant.

The ethanol boondoggle is one of the many lamentable actions that make Trump IN-distinguishable from rank and file politicians.
Which is exactly why I’ve said that, IMO, solving our problems in politics isn’t about getting rid of the wrong people and replacing them with the right people; solving the problem is about removing bad incentives and replacing them with the good incentives.

David Redszus
Guru
Guru

Post by David Redszus » Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:13 pm

Which is exactly why I’ve said that, IMO, solving our problems in politics isn’t about getting rid of the wrong people and replacing them with the right people; solving the problem is about removing bad incentives and replacing them with the good incentives.
Well said.

Now which people install the good incentives?