When it is abuse, what are a victims responsibility?

This is an Admin / Moderator NO GO ZONE. You're on your own.

Moderator: Team

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Re: When it is abuse, what are a victims responsibility?

Post by GRTfast » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:10 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:04 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Nope,, you can't say any number if they are "unreported ". That is an unknown

Your falling into the radical feminists trap about us living in a rape culture. You have been fooled dude

I have a daughter 35 and another 21 they both have many girlfriends,a sister 56, many women friends, aquaintances, woman work associates etc etc. none have been raped! About the worst I heard was an azz pinch by some kid at school, some whistling or a crass remark from a stranger

The rape culture is a myth. Maybe your thinking about some country like Pakistan or in the Middle East somewhere?
Stop putting words in my mouth. I’m quoting statistics and estimates. Your falling for the myth the men being falsely accused is some kind of epidemic. After all, it’s a “scary time for men” right? Gtfo of here with that BS.
Your repeated it.. a false unknown wild guessestimate

Spreading fake crap
It is easy to say that when you don't take into consideration what they are actually saying, and you don't research the links in the reference section to see where the data is coming from, how they are making the estimates, or to what degree of certainty they are confident. You just simplify it down to a single sentence you can interpret in a way that makes it easy to dismiss without effort. Ignorance is bliss.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:34 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:29 pm
gmrocket wrote:
GRTfast wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:04 pm

Stop putting words in my mouth. I’m quoting statistics and estimates. Your falling for the myth the men being falsely accused is some kind of epidemic. After all, it’s a “scary time for men” right? Gtfo of here with that BS.

Spreading fake crap
It is easy to say that when you don't take into consideration what they are actually saying, and you don't research the links in the reference section to see where the data is coming from, how they are making the estimates, or to what degree of certainty they are confident. You just simplify it down to a single sentence you can interpret in a way that makes it easy to dismiss without effort. Ignorance is bliss.
I do my research.. apparently more thorough than you. I look at ALL false claims, allegations and charges as well as anything else

A friend of mine lost his job of 25 years because his ex wife didn't like the fact he won custody of the kids.. so she set him up and claimed he beat her up and tried to rape her. He spent a week in jail

Only after a few years did she break down and say it wasn't true.. too late for him. Lost his job and the kids

And unlike you.. I see what's going on in real life too

j-c-c
Guru
Guru

Post by j-c-c » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:05 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:07 pm
j-c-c wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:39 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:23 pm

Nope,, you can't say any number if they are "unreported ". That is an unknown

Your falling into the radical feminists trap about us living in a rape culture. You have been fooled dude

I have a daughter 35 and another 21 they both have many girlfriends,a sister 56, many women friends, aquaintances, woman work associates etc etc. none have been raped! About the worst I heard was an azz pinch by some kid at school, some whistling or a crass remark from a stranger

The rape culture is a myth. Maybe your thinking about some country like Pakistan or in the Middle East somewhere?
"Nope,, you can't say any number if they are "unreported ". That is an unknown"

Yes he can, and its an "unknown" apparently only to you.

Willful blindness?

Reminds me of the example when asking a group of men years back who masturbates, and believing the usual answer. [-X
Still nope.. I'm not saying there are no unreported ones.. you just can't attach a number to it.. otherwise that's just a wild azz guess to suit someone's agend

Like yours
Yes you are [-X

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:05 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:34 pm
GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:

Spreading fake crap
I do my research.. apparently more thorough than you. I look at ALL false claims, allegations and charges as well as anything else

A friend of mine lost his job of 25 years because his ex wife didn't like the fact he won custody of the kids.. so she set him up and claimed he beat her up and tried to rape her. He spent a week in jail

Only after a few years did she break down and say it wasn't true.. too late for him. Lost his job and the kids

You look at all false claims? What does that even mean? That you’ve literally seen and researched every false claim? Somehow I think you’re being dishonest. Nice deflection by the way. :roll:

Hmm. You’re buddy got screwed over. Well that settles it.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:57 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:05 pm
gmrocket wrote:
GRTfast wrote:

You look at all false claims? What does that even mean? That you’ve literally seen and researched every false claim? Somehow I think you’re being dishonest. Nice deflection by the way. :roll:

of the info available, ya i look at ALL of it. not just one side like you seem to do

i wonder how many men never reported assaults, or [Blank Post] assaults ? thats probably about zero just because of the embarrassment factor.

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:32 pm

gmrocket wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:57 pm
GRTfast wrote:
gmrocket wrote:

of the info available, ya i look at ALL of it. not just one side like you seem to do

i wonder how many men never reported assaults, or [Blank Post] assaults ? thats probably about zero just because of the embarrassment factor.
The link i posted talks about men and women who are assaulted. Talks about false reports, unfounded reports, and assaults that weren’t reported to authorities. You’ve asserted I’m only looking at “one side”. Can you back that assertion?

86_regal
Pro
Pro

Post by 86_regal » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:19 pm

GRTfast wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:42 pm
86_regal wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:23 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:38 pm
It looks like around 60% of sexual related crimes are unreported. Conversely, something between 2% and 10% of those that are reported are false. Both sexual assault and false accusations are serious issues, however one is radically more prevalent. It is interesting how concerned some men are about false reporting, when the fact is that they are more likely to be sexually assaulted than they are to have a false accusation made against them. The concern seems oddly misplaced.

https://www.nsvrc.org/sites/default/fil ... orting.pdf
I've heard similar "statistics".

How could ANYONE possibly know how many unreported sexual assaults are unreported IF they haven't been reported?!
Before you cite that many of these "unreported reports" are labeled as such because they weren't reported to the authorities is BEYOND asinine.

There's no question the actual victims of rape are faced with an incredibly difficult emotional task. But if they're going to report the allegation at all, why not to the authorities? The very fact that there is reluctance to do so UNDERMINES the validity of the accusation, whether it's valid or not!
I’m not claiming know. I started my post with “it looks like”. As to why someone would report an assault, but not to the authorities? I can think of a few reasons right off the top of my head. If you can’t, maybe you need to think a little harder. People don’t always make rational decisions, especially people who’ve been legitimately victimized. One could even say it is asinine to expect every victim of sexual abuse to react logically and rationally.
To clarify my previous statements.

I have no doubt there have been woman too overwhelmed, embarrassed, shameful and guilty (i.e. irrational) to NOT report a rape. However, if these women were "rational" enough to "report" an UN-reported claim to someone else OTHER than the police suggests to me that either they aren't being completely honest or are acting out of "irrational" regret. Moreover, how could any of these entities receiving "unreported" allegations, I presume primarily College Campuses, NOT consider it crucial to convince the victim to "report" it?

I can only deduce from such a statistics that the data is at minimum, suspect and at worse, fabricated to assert a narrative...

GRTfast
Guru
Guru

Post by GRTfast » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:26 pm

86_regal wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:19 pm
GRTfast wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:42 pm
86_regal wrote:
Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:23 pm

I've heard similar "statistics".

How could ANYONE possibly know how many unreported sexual assaults are unreported IF they haven't been reported?!
Before you cite that many of these "unreported reports" are labeled as such because they weren't reported to the authorities is BEYOND asinine.

There's no question the actual victims of rape are faced with an incredibly difficult emotional task. But if they're going to report the allegation at all, why not to the authorities? The very fact that there is reluctance to do so UNDERMINES the validity of the accusation, whether it's valid or not!
I’m not claiming know. I started my post with “it looks like”. As to why someone would report an assault, but not to the authorities? I can think of a few reasons right off the top of my head. If you can’t, maybe you need to think a little harder. People don’t always make rational decisions, especially people who’ve been legitimately victimized. One could even say it is asinine to expect every victim of sexual abuse to react logically and rationally.
To clarify my previous statements.

I have no doubt there have been woman too overwhelmed, embarrassed, shameful and guilty (i.e. irrational) to NOT report a rape. However, if these women were "rational" enough to "report" an UN-reported claim to someone else OTHER than the police suggests to me that either they aren't being completely honest or are acting out of "irrational" regret. Moreover, how could any of these entities receiving "unreported" allegations, I presume primarily College Campuses, NOT consider it crucial to convince the victim to "report" it?

I can only deduce from such a statistics that the data is at minimum, suspect and at worse, fabricated to assert a narrative...
That’s probably why it’s an estimate.

gmrocket
Guru
Guru

Post by gmrocket » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:57 am

GRTfast wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:32 pm
gmrocket wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:57 pm
GRTfast wrote:

The link i posted talks about men and women who are assaulted. Talks about false reports, unfounded reports, and assaults that weren’t reported to authorities. You’ve asserted I’m only looking at “one side”. Can you back that assertion?
I'm gonna estimate it's not 60%, I'm gonna take a wild guess and say 10%

That's removing the Internet outrage factor

Mattress girl