QFT/Proform-type "950" 1.45" v 4150 Carb

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

BradH
Guru
Guru
QFT/Proform-type "950" 1.45" v 4150 Carb

Post by BradH »

I own too many carburetors and have decided to sell a couple. This one is a QFT/Proform-type "950" 1.45" venturi 4150 built from all new parts:

=> Suggested application: A 4150 street/strip carb for a serious 400+" stroker small-block or moderate 450-500" big-block in the 550 - 650 HP range
- The moderate 1.45" venturi size helps maintain decent street manners
- Flows enough to support 650+ HP with the right engine combination

=> QFT/Proform 1.45" venturi "950" main body
- Stainless-steel accel. pump check needles & high-flow squirter screws w/ .033" nozzles
- Drilled & tapped for interchangeable Transition Slot Restrictions (TSRs) using 8-32 x 1/8" brass set-screws (has .081 w/ current tune)
- Booster alignment adjusted and Loctite applied to boosters's bases

=> QFT/Proform (purple) 4-emulsion gas billet metering blocks w/ .140" angle channels
- Drilled & tapped lowered Idle Feed Restrictions (IFRs) that use 6-32 x 1/8" brass set-screws
- Factory pre-drilled emulsion bleed holes opened to .050" to enable using interchangeable e-jets (original shouldered-type or 6-32 x 3/16" set screws)
- Plugged secondary power valve and screw-in jet extensions
- Demon-style extra-large-head mixture adjusting screws replaced standard screws

=> QFT/Proform (purple) billet base plate
- Throttle shafts have been updgraded to high-flow Quick Fuel slabbed shafts w/ Teflon ribbons for better sealing
- Assembled with stainless-steel no-hole butterflies and low-profile screws

=> BLP/QFT aluminum fuel bowls with sight windows
- Holley standard primary & notched secondary floats
- BLP .120" Needle & Seat assemblies
- #6-AN male fuel fittings
- GFLT alcohol-resistant accel. pump diaphragms

*** This carb is the feature-equivalent of a Quick Fuel Q-Series 950, which is an upgrade from a Proform/Brawler "950" because of the high-flow throttle shafts & Teflon sealing ribbons. It is also more tuneable than those other brands due to the the addition of replaceable TSRs, lowered IFRs, replaceable emulsion bleeds, plus all orifice sizes have been checked & corrected where necessary. ***

It will come w/ a detailed build sheet that covers all the components and as-delivered baseline tune settings, so you'll know EXACTLY what you have. I can also provide the specs for the "out of the box" tune that Quick Fuel/Proform/Brawler use for reference.

$700, including ground shipping & insurance in the lower 48 United States.
- Sorry, NO international shipments and NO PayPal
- I accept only cash and U.S.P.S. Money Orders as payment, unless other arrangements are made in advance (e.g., cashier's or certified check)

For an additional $30 (i.e., $730 total), I'll include the following tuning parts:
- .026, .030 MABs (has .028 w/ current tune)
- .073, .076 IABs (has .070 w/ current tune)
- extra drill-your-own 6-32 x 1/8" IFR blanks (has .033" w/ current tune)
- extra drill-your-own 6-32 x 3/16" e-jet blanks (has .028/plug/.028/plug w/ current tune)
- extra QFT drill-your-own e-jets for PVCRs (has .055 PVCRs w/ current tune)
- spare set of QFT MP-15 metering block & fuel bowl gaskets
- Holley 76/84 + 80/88 jet sets (has 78/86 now)

PM me here, or text me at 7zero3.threeOne7.7nine8seven. I'm in Virginia outside of Washington, D.C., so please keep in mind I'm on Eastern Standard Time.

DISCLAIMERS:
1. This carburetor is sold "as is" and is not returnable. Once it leaves my possession, I have no control over the skills or capabilities of the person who installs and adjusts it.
2. I do my best to provide a usable baseline, but the purchaser should NOT expect to simply "Bolt on an go!"
3. As with ANY performance carburetor, additional tuning (jets, air bleeds, etc.) will likely be required for YOUR engine & car combination!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BradH
Guru
Guru
Re: QFT/Proform-type "950" 1.45" v 4150 Carb

Post by BradH »

8.2.2018 - Update: No longer willing to consider cashier's or certified check as payment, since they seem to be the latest "bait of choice" with the online scammers who have been texting me.
BradH
Guru
Guru
Re: QFT/Proform-type "950" 1.45" v 4150 Carb

Post by BradH »

No legit interest; this item not currently available for sale. - BradH