Recommended engine builder in Southern California?

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

j-rho
Recommended engine builder in Southern California?

Post by j-rho »

Looking for a Speedtalk-recommended builder in So Cal (I'm in San Diego but LA would be ok too) to help with my 302 SBC. Originally had it built to totally stock specs by Rebello in Nor Cal (great work but he's far away) but now want to modify it as I'm moving the car to a different racing class.

Bought a whole new top end (AFR heads, Mike Jones solid cam and lifters, ProSystems carb, RPM Air-gap) intending to hot rod it myself. Decided to check the bearings, turns out there was some scoring. Had lost some a couple rocker arms from high revs, a little metal might have made its way through things. Also had low oil pressure a few times under braking (car is used for autocross).

Seeing this, I feel I'm now in over my head. So I'd need this crank cleaned up (hopefully it's still usable) and "while we're in there" do some better rods and possibly pistons. Then assemble and dyno the whole thing. Bonus if the delivered product doesn't leak oil!

Thanks,
Jason

tjs44
HotPass
HotPass

Re: Recommended engine builder in Southern California?

Post by tjs44 »

Joe Sherman racing,Santa Ana
Frankshaft
Guru
Guru

Post by Frankshaft »

Brian at Imm engines.
1972ho
Guru
Guru

Post by 1972ho »

If you are looking for a shop that can do your engine from carburetor to oil pan and dyno Dougans engine and machine in Riverside can get it done they only dyno engines that they build there number is 951 681-1961 ask for Jim.