Small Block Chevy Engines and Parts + T-56 Transmissions

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

enigma57
Guru
Guru

Small Block Chevy Engines and Parts + T-56 Transmissions

Post by enigma57 »

Having retired, it is time to inventory and put up for sale items remaining from past projects. All parts are new unless noted otherwise.

If interested, please send PM. I am located NW of Houston, Texas. Reasonable offers considered. Prices listed are negotiable.

* Will ship smaller parts and split shipping cost within lower 48 states...... Payment by US Postal Money Order accepted.

* Larger parts to be picked up in person, cash on receipt...... No checks, MOs nor credit cards.

All sales are final......

Individual parts prices for parts to build 427 cu.in. (7 litre) Chevy small block (all parts new, stored inside since 1998)......

$1,700 - General Motors Performance Parts 400 Sportsman block, Bowtie siamesed bore casting with 350 main size......

$500 - Custom Wiseco forged pistons (dished), 4.125" bore size with 1.170" comp.height, 1/16" rings, yields 9.44:1 comp ratio with 65cc chamber at 0.046" quench......

$400 - Eagle 3D 4340 H-beam stroker profile rods (5.850" length)......

$500 - 4" stroke COLA 4340 forged crank, 350 main and journal size......

I would prefer to sell the balanced rotating assembly (crank, rods and pistons) as a unit, either with or without the GMPP block (reciprocating assembly has been internally balanced using Mallory metal).

$1,400 - rotating assembly

$1,700 - block

Note: Will accept $2,800.00 for GMPP block and rotating assembly as a package deal (will include moly file fit rings and bearing set at no additional charge)

New heads, intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds for small block Chevy......

$2,800 - Victor Jr. heads with full portwork by Mondello, intake ports matched to 1209 gasket size, 65cc chambers, 2.08" /1.60" valves. Intake side flows 306 cfm @ 0.525" lift per Mondello.

$1,350 - GMPP Fast Burn aluminum heads, 210cc intake ports, 62cc chambers, lightweight 2.0" / 1.55" LT4 valves

$180 - Edelbrock Performer RPM intake for Vortec & Fast Burn heads (removed from new GMPP crate engine)

$180 - GM crossram intake base for 1st design GM 229 V-6 Bowtie racing heads. With very few mods to intake, this intake can be made to fit '85 - '94 4.3 litre V-6 production heads as well. Consists of base only - You will need make a top plate to fit the carburettor(s) you wish to run.

$180 - Sanderson QP1000 cast iron exhaust manifolds. Special ordered with both sides having outlet centered. Note: These are both passenger side manifolds. They tuck in very close to the block and on the drivers side, there is a clearance issue with one of the raised bosses cast into 1958 and later blocks for side engine mounts. As such, either the boss must be ground about 1/4" for clearance and '55 - '57 front mounts used...... Or spacers similar to those used to adapt Stahl headers may be fitted between drivers side head and manifold to gain additional clearance so side engine mounts may be used.

New camshaft with lifters and roller rocker set......

$235 - UltraDyne custom flat tappet solid lifter cam and lifters (252 degrees duration @ 0.050" lift intake and exhaust, 0.525" lift, ground on 110 degree LSA, reduced base circle of 1.10", Pro-55 core)

$215 - GMPP self-guiding roller rocker arms (set of 16 special ordered with 8 having 1.6 ratio and 8 having 1.5 ratio) Note: self-guiding rocker arms will work only with hydraulic lifter cams. Do not use these type rockers with solid lifter cams.

Used intakes......

$530 - Hilborn 265 C 8J fuel injection intake with 2-3/16" throttle blades for small block Chevy. Manifold with throttle shafts and blades and some linkage. No ram tubes, injectors nor pump, etc. Just manifold and throttle blades with some linkage. Shafts, throttle blades and linkage move freely. Intake is in very good condition. Excellent candidate for EFI conversion.

$300 - Offenhauser #5253 dual quad 360 degree intake for small block Chevy (polished aluminum finish, very nice looking intake)

New transmissions, bellhousings, flywheels, clutches......

$2,400 - New T-56 Borg Warner 'aftermarket' 6-speed trans. This will bolt up to standard GM bellhousing and has mechanical speedo gear and cable connection for older vehicles.

$3,000 - New T-56 Borg Warner 6-speed production trans, OEM for '93 - '95 Camaro or Firebird with 305 or 350 engine. Price includes new GM bellhousing, new GM flywheel, new GM '94 Camaro hydraulic master and slave cylinder and new Center Force (pull type) clutch upgrade for this transmission.

(Both of these transmissions were bought in late '90s before Tremec (Mexico) acquired Borg Warner Transmission Division)

New 350 Chevy L31 Vortec engine with performance upgrades......

$2,500 - New (still strapped to shipping pallet) 1998 L31 Vortec 350 crate engine. This was sourced from Sallee Chevrolet in 1998. Sold as their 'Xtreme 350 4X4' crate engine. Has Comp Cams RV roller cam upgrade, ZZ4 timing gears and chain, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, and new GM HEI distributor which I had recurved by Dave Ray to suit this engine. I have pulled the L31 heads, which have been sold. Price lowered to reflect this.

Have a set of new GMPP Fastburn heads for sale as well. If you are interested in a package deal, will sell crate engine (less L31 heads) and include Fastburn heads for $3,750.

Best regards and thanks for looking through the listing,

Harry
lefty o
Guru
Guru
Re: Small Block Chevy Engines and Parts + T-56 Transmissions

Post by lefty o »

is the 4" cola crankshaft new or used, and stored properly on end? i may be interested in it.
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Hi, Lefty! Thanks for your interest.

With the exception of the Hillborn and Offenhauser intakes listed under 'Used Intakes', all parts listed here in this ad are new and have never been run.

The COLA 4340 crank is new and has been internally balanced with Mallory metal (5 pieces if I remember correctly) to the pistons and rods listed with it as a rotating assembly. The crank and rotating assembly were sourced from Bruce Lockwood and his shop did the balancing. They do engines for circle track mostly.

The crank was shipped to me in a hand built wooden crate with pieces of wood inside positioned to support and protect it. Except for opening the crate and pulling the crank to inspect it after I rec'd it, the crank has been stored in this crate since around 1998 in my engine assembly area (AKA what used to be our breakfast room before I retired).

As noted in the ad, I would prefer to sell the rotating assembly as a unit and the unit price is discounted, but will sell the crank separately if you need it, as I can use the 5.850" 4340 H-beam rods in another engine I have here.

Thanks for looking. Are you local (Houston area)? If so and you'd like to stop by and look it over, contact me by PM and we'll work out a time to do it.

Best regards,

Harry

P.S. >>>> If you are interested in them, the ported Victor Jr. heads done at Joe Mondello's shop and the solid lifter cam with reduced base circle that Harold Brookshire ground for me were intended for this 427 stroker engine build. They are listed in this same ad.

I had Mondello rework these 23 degree heads for the 427 stroker small block as an affordable alternative to 18 degree or 15 degree heads.

I asked Modello to port these heads so as to maximize flow at valve lifts below 0.550". I was looking for a flow rate for this engine of at least 300 cfm at that lift.

The specs Mondello gave me are as follows......

Edelbrock Victor Jr. Aluminum Heads Fully Ported By Mondello Racing - 23 degree with standard valve spacing (no offset rockers required)

65cc Combustion Chambers, polished

2.08" intake X 1.60" exhaust valve sizes - Stainless Steel Pro-Flo with 5-angle valve job

Intake Ports - 2.35" High X 1.40" Wide = 3.25 sq. in. cross section at port opening (allowing for rounded corners) - Pushrod pinch point measures 2.80 sq. in. CSA

Exhaust Ports - 1.65" High X 1.65" Wide = 2.68 sq. in. cross section at port opening (allowing for rounded corners)

Dual Valve Springs Set @ 140 lb. seat pressure / 340 lb. open / cryogenic stress relieved

P.C. Teflon Valve Guide Seals

Flow @ 28 in. (no pipe)

* LIFT INTAKE EXHAUST
0.100" 071.00 063.00
0.200" 145.00 113.00
0.300" 205.00 157.00
0.400" 260.00 190.00
0.500" 306.00 205.00
0.550" 313.00 211.00
0.600" 320.00 217.00
FuelieNova
HotPass
HotPass

Post by FuelieNova »

Could you send me pics of the Hilborn Intake?
4l60e@charter.net
Thanks
Tom
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Will do, Tom. Due to size of files, photos will be in zip files attached to 2 separate E-mails.

Best regards,

Harry
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Bowtie block and rotating assembly to build 427 stroker small block have been sold.

Thanks, Robin!

HB
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Hilborn intake has been sold.

Thanks, Lewis!

HB
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

A-833 4 speed tranny has been sold.

Thanks, Kurt!

HB
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

350 Chevy L31 short block, GMPP Fastburn heads, Edelbrock Vortec Performer RPM intake and 1994 T-56 transmission are no longer for sale. My son will be using these in his Camaro.

Remainder of parts listed (including aftermarket version of T-56 transmission) are available for sale.

(Sorry...... Cannot edit original post)

Thanks,

Harry
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Revised (current) listing......

Having retired, it is time to inventory and put up for sale items remaining from past projects. All parts are new unless noted otherwise.

If interested, please send PM. I am located NW of Houston, Texas. Reasonable offers considered. Prices listed are negotiable.

* Will ship smaller parts and split shipping cost within lower 48 states...... Payment by US Postal Money Order accepted.

* Larger parts to be picked up in person, cash on receipt...... No checks, MOs nor credit cards.

All sales are final......

New heads, intake manifolds and exhaust manifolds for small block Chevy......

$2,800 - Victor Jr. heads with full portwork by Mondello, intake ports matched to 1209 gasket size, 65cc chambers, 2.08" /1.60" valves. Intake side flows 306 cfm @ 0.525" lift per Mondello.

$1,350 - GMPP Fast Burn aluminum heads, 210cc intake ports, 62cc chambers, lightweight 2.0" / 1.55" LT4 valves

$180 - Edelbrock Performer RPM intake for Vortec & Fast Burn heads (removed from new GMPP crate engine)

$180 - GM crossram intake base for 1st design GM 229 V-6 Bowtie racing heads. With very few mods to intake, this intake can be made to fit '85 - '94 4.3 litre V-6 production heads as well. Consists of base only - You will need make a top plate to fit the carburettor(s) you wish to run.

$180 - Sanderson QP1000 cast iron exhaust manifolds. Special ordered with both sides having outlet centered. Note: These are both passenger side manifolds. They tuck in very close to the block and on the drivers side, there is a clearance issue with one of the raised bosses cast into 1958 and later blocks for side engine mounts. As such, either the boss must be ground about 1/4" for clearance and '55 - '57 front mounts used...... Or spacers similar to those used to adapt Stahl headers may be fitted between drivers side head and manifold to gain additional clearance so side engine mounts may be used.

New camshaft with lifters and roller rocker set......

$235 - UltraDyne custom flat tappet solid lifter cam and lifters (252 degrees duration @ 0.050" lift intake and exhaust, 0.525" lift, ground on 110 degree LSA, reduced base circle of 1.10", Pro-55 core)

$215 - GMPP self-guiding roller rocker arms (set of 16 special ordered with 8 having 1.6 ratio and 8 having 1.5 ratio) Note: self-guiding rocker arms will work only with hydraulic lifter cams. Do not use these type rockers with solid lifter cams.

Used intakes......

$300 - Offenhauser #5253 dual quad 360 degree intake for small block Chevy (polished aluminum finish, very nice looking intake)

New transmissions, bellhousings, flywheels, clutches......

$2,400 - New T-56 Borg Warner 'aftermarket' 6-speed trans. This will bolt up to standard GM bellhousing and has mechanical speedo gear and cable connection for older vehicles.

$3,000 - New T-56 Borg Warner 6-speed production trans, OEM for '93 - '95 Camaro or Firebird with 305 or 350 engine. Price includes new GM bellhousing, new GM flywheel, new GM '94 Camaro hydraulic master and slave cylinder and new Center Force (pull type) clutch upgrade for this transmission.

(Both of these transmissions were bought in late '90s before Tremec (Mexico) acquired Borg Warner Transmission Division)

Best regards and thanks for looking through the listing,

Harry
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Aftermarket T-56 transmission has been sold pending receipt of payment.

New OEM '93 - '95 (Camaro/Firebird) production T-56 6-speed transmission complete with new GM bellhousing, GM flywheel for SBC with 1-piece rear main seal, new CenterForce pull type clutch upgrade, new GM hydraulic clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder setup and other parts listed remain available for sale......

Thanks for your interest,

Harry
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Fastburn heads, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake and GMPP roller rockers have been sold! Thanks, tigerhays!

Remainder of parts listed above are still available.

Thanks,

Harry
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

Price drop on ported Victor Jr. heads...... $2,300. Good through August 31. If not sold by then, we will use these heads on my son's engine.

You won't find a better set of fully reworked 300 + cfm SBC heads still new, in box at this price. If interested, send PM and we'll work out details.

Thanks,

Harry
enigma57
Guru
Guru

Post by enigma57 »

* Last week this set of Victor Jr. heads will be available. Ported at Joe Mondello's shop in California before the move to Tennessee. Still new in original boxes. Never bolted on an engine.

Thanks,

Harry