Who's best on Dura Bond cam bearings?

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Who's best on Dura Bond cam bearings?

Post by PackardV8 »

I need a new source for Dura Bond cam bearings, specifically PA6 and CBG009.

Where should I be looking?
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
SLPRACINGENGINES
Pro
Pro

Re: Who's best on Dura Bond cam bearings?

Post by SLPRACINGENGINES »

hey man..i buy mine from como. products good people to deal with..1-800-233-0199..sowwy thats comp products
Adger Smith
Guru
Guru

Post by Adger Smith »

Yea Jack.
I Had the Melling/Dura Bond factory Rep in my shop on Thursday. They are fixing to go down the road with TRW/Federal Mogul and a bunch of others. They want $1500 a month in sales to stay direct... HA! HA! All they want is the high volume sellers. That will march them down the right road. They will get hooked on the big boys and then the big boys will dictate terms to them. They have forsaken the small shop that got them where they are.Yep, I've been loyal to them for about 40 years (I have a 2 digit account number) and never missed payments. Means nothing to their bean counters.
Glad I'm getting old and only have a few years left to work. I need a good source for coated cam bearings, too & I don't care if they are Dura Bond.
Look out guys if you are a direct Melling/Durabond account it's on the way to your shop, too!!!
Adger Smith
Adger Smith Performance Engines
903 794 7223 shop
903 824 4924 cell
adgersperf@aol.com e-mail
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Post by PackardV8 »

FWIW, I spoke with Dura Bond and they've cleaned out their catalog of the slower moving numbers. If I wanted to order 1,000 sets, they'd reproduce the Packard cam bearings. The rep with whom I spoke said it really didn't cost them that much to keep the older stuff around, but the bean counters figured it might raise the earnings per share a few pennies if they scrapped the parts and tooling and took a write-off.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering