347sbf, Canfield, Scat, Probe, Comp, Jomar, Edelbrock

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

C.Anderson
347sbf, Canfield, Scat, Probe, Comp, Jomar, Edelbrock

Post by C.Anderson »

So here's the deal. Some of you guys might be familiar with my new cylinder head acquisition. As it turns out, this setup has some additional quirks that weren't disclosed at the onset (innocently I might add, he simply didn't know). I gave my word to buy them however, so it is what it is. These quirks however, literally REMOVE the option of putting the heads on a stock block. Not a problem really, I have a nice A4 that will be a good candidate for the required accommodation. However, this forces my intended schedule up a year or so...and I have to build the A4 now.

As I don't have money coming out my ears...that means some stuff is going up for sale.

First. I have a brand new set of Canfield 195's, new in the box. They are complete with 2.08" Ferrea 1000 valves, studs, guideplates, and upgraded solid roller springs (see the picture for details. I believe the chambers are 57cc. The base heads with a 2.02"/1.60" valve go 281/209cfm. Remember, these have the 2.08" intake upgrade. $1700 shipped in the lower 48. They were over $1900 plus shipping new, and you can't get them anymore.

Second. Brand new 7/16" stud, 1.6:1 Comp Ultra Gold rockers. THESE HAVE NEVER BEEN RUN. I don't have the box because I had to use it to send my old set back to Comp. $225 plus shipping. $200 if purchased with the heads.

Third. Jomar Canfield/Highport rocker stud girdle, with extended locks. $125 plus shipping, $100 if purchased with the heads.

Fourth. 8.2 deck Edelbrock Victor Jr intake. Unmolested, and I already had the mounting holes angled to adapt to heavily angle milled heads. $250 shipped.

Fifth. 347 shortblock. .030" over, zero deck, Scat 9000 crank, Scat 4340 capscrew i-beam rods, total seal rings, probe flat top pistons (inline). Make offer, will likely be able to ship around the middle of next month.

Pm here, email to crisanderson27@gmail.com, or call/text at 775.445.0215. Thanks for taking the time to look!

Be sure to check the pictures of the heads below.

Cris

C.Anderson
Re: 347sbf, Canfield, Scat, Probe, Comp, Jomar, Edelbrock

Post by C.Anderson »

Hey there people. I've been getting a lot of PM's about the shortblock. So rather than keep fielding the same questions, I figured I'd just post here.

First, I want to say that I'd have preferred not to get rid of the 347. I'm only doing so to fund the A4 build. My new heads WILL NOT FIT a stock block without extensive work. I've just moved out of state, and once my car was here (end of the month), I was going to replace the cam and lifters, bolt the thing back together, and go racing. The new heads scratched that plan. The motor is in virtually new shape. A high estimate on mileage would actually be 1500 miles, and likely close to 1000. You can see some of the engine build here (and the entire car build):

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/333932...mustang/page-7

And you can see the car run here:

http://www.youtube.com/peteandersonracing

We sold these shortblocks new for $2500 (in a weaker roller block), but since this was my personal motor that I never intended to sell, and there is light scuffing at the top of the bores that didn't bore out (above the rings), I'll do $2000 plus shipping. Remember, this is a stronger early block.

The full history on the motor is that we had it down the track twice with the shift light set at 6k (6300ish shift), timing at 32*, and fat jetting in the too small 700dp. I left just off idle. Air was 4983'. I never made an all out pass (cam was set to shift at 7400). The car was also my daily driver, and what miles were put on it were from taking my wife to and from school, primarily. After roughly two months, the Comp Ultra Gold rockers failed (they were from the first run and had been on the shelf awhile), which ruined my rather expensive aluminum body Jesel lifters. I didn't have the money to put it back together at the time so it sat for a little less than a year. Oil pressure was still excellent.

Anyhow, that's the story on the motor.

Also, willing to make a partial trade for a 4340 8.2 deck crank, 3.47"-3.6" stroke, as well as 4340 5.4" rods. The rods will need a .927" pin, and likely a 2" big end.

Thanks!

Cris