Wanted: Custom Cam

NOT ALLOWED: Selling or reselling in a retail manner.

Moderator: Team

Loftfan

Wanted: Custom Cam

Post by Loftfan »

I have a customer I've designed a cam for. He thought he had a good deal on getting this cam ground, but apparently these guys substituted one of their grinds without even looking at my data. We're naturally not very pleased.

So, for you grinders out there, I have an easy job. I need a BBC standard fire, standard journal cam in 8620. I provide the follower lift data and angles from the dowel pin, you provide the part. How much would it run me? Feel free to PM if you want.

-Loftfan
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Re: Wanted: Custom Cam

Post by CamKing »

$400 for the master.
$439.58 for the cam.

If you want someone to grind it on a CNC Landis, try Bordeaux cams (910)655-9035
They grind other peoples designs all the time, so they should be able to help.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449
Keith Morganstein
Guru
Guru

Post by Keith Morganstein »

CamKing wrote:$400 for the master.
$439.58 for the cam.

If you want someone to grind it on a CNC Landis, try Bordeaux cams (910)655-9035 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (910)655-9035      end_of_the_skype_highlighting begin_of_the_skype_highlighting              (910)655-9035      end_of_the_skype_highlighting
Mike, in the "Circle Track" article, it shows you making custom masters in two steps. First cutting the profile on Aluminum bar stock with a CNC machine, then using that to make the masters. Can you say more about that process.? Do you just enter lift points into the CNC program? How long does it take? (seems more than $400. of time)
Automotive Machining, cylinder head rebuilding, engine building. Can't seem to quit #-o
CamKing
Guru
Guru

Post by CamKing »

Keith Morganstein wrote:
CamKing wrote:$400 for the master.
$439.58 for the cam.

If you want someone to grind it on a CNC Landis, try Bordeaux cams (910)655-9035
Mike, in the "Circle Track" article, it shows you making custom masters in two steps. First cutting the profile on Aluminum bar stock with a CNC machine, then using that to make the masters. Can you say more about that process.? Do you just enter lift points into the CNC program? How long does it take? (seems more than $400. of time)
We no longer do it that way.
We now just CNC machine the actual master.

I design the actual Valve lift curve, and using a program I wrote, I generate the actual Lifter Lift curve.
I then take the Lifter lift curve data, and input it in another program I wrote that works through the geometry of the Berco Cam Grinder to generate the tool path for the master.
Mike Jones
Jones Cam Designs

Denver, NC
jonescams@bellsouth.net
http://www.jonescams.com
Jones Cam Designs' HotPass Vendors Forum: viewforum.php?f=44
(704)489-2449