Edelbrock Vari injection control box

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

73c34me

Edelbrock Vari injection control box

Post by 73c34me »

Greetings, I have a new Edelbrock vari injection system I installed on my 383 Vette. It works, but I want to adjust it so it comes on later. It has a circuit board with 4,6 & 8 cylinder selectors. Can I select the 4 or 6 setting to reduce the signal in an effort to raise the rpm turn on? Also I would like to lower the vacuum setting to delay the start of pump spray. I realize I could install a Hobbs switch rated at about 4-5” vacuum to trigger the motor directly, but I would like to use the system. It is nice and a good fit for the theme of the car. Thnx.
PackardV8
Guru
Guru

Re: Edelbrock Vari injection control box

Post by PackardV8 »

For those thinking EFI, it might help mentioning this is a very much older low pressure pump water/alcohol injection system. The principle behind the Varajection is sound, and many worked quite well; however, if something does go wrong the failure mode is filling a cylinder with water. Do you want to take that risk?

As to adjusting, not sure what the four or six cylinder mode is counting; most likely would change how much.

And vacuum is vacuum. It doesn't know how many cylinders, just how low the switch trigger threshold.
Jack Vines
Studebaker-Packard V8 Limited
Obsolete Engineering
73c34me

Re: Edelbrock Vari injection control box

Post by 73c34me »

Good clarification on the type of injection! I installed the kit with care, so I don’t have many concerns about cylinder filling.