16V Race Battery - Great customer service at Lifeline Battery

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Jeff Lee
Pro
Pro

16V Race Battery - Great customer service at Lifeline Battery

Post by Jeff Lee »

Last September (3 months ago), I purchased direct from Lifeline Batteries a 16v battery. Lifeline makes the “Rock” battery. Just a different sticker on the sky blue box. I originally was going to run a 16 volt alternator but I ran into mounting issues due to the motor plate, remote filter, etc., so for my first race I went without an alternator. The battery would just flat not hold a charge. If I drove from the pits to staging, then the normal on/off as you move forward (it was a slow night so I only had a few cars ahead of me), run the car down track, shut off at finish, start to go down return road to pits....all normal...car would not start on return road. Sit on return road after dragging over generator & charger taking about 1/2 hour to charge and make it back to pits. Second pass I drove from pits to staging, charged some more in staging, did make an aborted pass and made it back to pits where battery was dead again.
Called Lifeline and couldn’t get past the first guy who said I needed 2 batteries, nothing wrong with their battery.
I placed the battery on a monthly full (not trickle) charge. Full charge is 17.20 volts. Last month it would only go to 16.9 volts. This month it would only go to 16.5 volts so obviously, this confirms a defect battery. I use a 12/16 volt charger that is the same as Moroso and Rock sells.
Few weeks later I called back and made it up to Dave who I believe is the manager. He is sending me TWO new 16v batteries at NO CHARGE!
That is great customer service and such a rarity nowadays it deserves to be mentioned!

See www.lifelinebatteries.com for RV, marine, race, automotive batteries that are military & aircraft grade at reasonable pricing.
NHRA SS/G
1970 AMC AMX - 390 4-speed
Advanced Clutches - Red Line Racing Cams
SupStk
Guru
Guru

Re: 16V Race Battery - Great customer service at Lifeline Battery

Post by SupStk »

I like hearing about companies that go beyond normal customer service. Thats where I tend to spend my bucks!
Monty Frerichs
B&M Machine
Jeff Lee
Pro
Pro

Re: 16V Race Battery - Great customer service at Lifeline Battery

Post by Jeff Lee »

Both batteries arrived today as promised!
NHRA SS/G
1970 AMC AMX - 390 4-speed
Advanced Clutches - Red Line Racing Cams