Superflow 901 radical barometer reading

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

Funnycar
Superflow 901 radical barometer reading

Post by Funnycar »

Hi
I have a 901 that I am having issues with it uses the ms dos wyndyn when I am making a pull the baro reading starts out stable but as I making the pull it becomes totally radical and moving all over.
I have added more grounds to the frame, block to frame, battery to frame, tried rerouting wires, changed plug wires, changed ignitions, currently have a SBC with a GM hei on the dyno, nothing fancy just to test and see if I can get closer to fixing the problem.
Had a ls motor on the dyno a while back with its own Holley fuel management system. Fuel injected, own coils, etc., seems to me this motor worked fine and had no baro movement.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated .
Thanks
user-17438

Re: Superflow 901 radical barometer reading

Post by user-17438 »

you can force the baro if you have a portable weatherstation. those baro sensors go bad in the console. and when that happens Superflow will tell you to buy a new console. They do not make the baro anymore.
Funnycar

Post by Funnycar »

Thanks
I will try that and see if that will make it at least stay at a certain setting. But....
We always reset the baro from its default to actual baro but it stays at the time we enter it , I thought it would stay set also, but it does not just goes radical during a pull.
If I could get it to stay set at what we enter yes that would be great .....so unless I am missing a step ...to keep it locked in ....the console still takes over
Thanks
Zmechanic
Pro
Pro

Post by Zmechanic »

If you want to try to continue to use the Baro sensor. Get a clamp on ferrite core, and wind the sensor wires through it a few times.
maxracesoftware
Vendor

Post by maxracesoftware »

MTENGINES wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:30 pm you can force the baro if you have a portable weatherstation. those baro sensors go bad in the console. and when that happens Superflow will tell you to buy a new console. They do not make the baro anymore.
i did not know SF does not make or offer the Barometer anymore :(

i'm very impressed with the accuracy of that SF Barometer... very bad news its not available anymore

you probably could look at that Barometer and discover the Manufacturer's name + model or part number
just get a direct replacement ?
MaxRace Software
PipeMax and ET_Analyst for DragRacers
https://www.maxracesoftwares.com
user-17438

Post by user-17438 »

maxracesoftware wrote: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:33 pm
MTENGINES wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:30 pm you can force the baro if you have a portable weatherstation. those baro sensors go bad in the console. and when that happens Superflow will tell you to buy a new console. They do not make the baro anymore.
i did not know SF does not make or offer the Barometer anymore :(

i'm very impressed with the accuracy of that SF Barometer... very bad news its not available anymore

you probably could look at that Barometer and discover the Manufacturer's name + model or part number
just get a direct replacement ?
Digikey i was told carried it many years ago. Superflow will only sell you a new console. So buyers beware of used dynos. You might manually be converting.