Oddesy battery issue

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

piston guy
Guru
Guru

Oddesy battery issue

Post by piston guy »

I think I have an inertia related problem with my latset Oddesy battery. The one I have is about 7x7 and 5"s tall. It is mounted up front and the posts are on the left and right. After replacing the slightly smaller one which died after ten years, my car which normally has 1.50 60' times , began stumbling at the "hit" and slowed to 1.80s. It would "clean out" past the tree and run to 8,000 rpm down track , no problem. I assumed it was fuel system until last weekend while returning to my pit area another racer cut across my path and I had to make a panic stop. The engine died and when I tried to restart it I heard click click click. So I pushed it 20 feet to my location . An hour later ( without doing a thing) it started right up. It's not a heat soak as it had been starting all day hot or cold. I have a Black and Decker "smart" charger and it now shows "open cell" . Has anyone else experienced this? If it is chronic to this brand , I want to change . If not I will write this one off and buy another.
englertracing
Guru
Guru
Re: Oddesy battery issue

Post by englertracing »

brand new odyssey battery
we buy/bought used ones from a battery shop,
they have the female posts, some are just bad from people over tightening them, some are great....
piston guy
Guru
Guru

Post by piston guy »

englertracing,
Thanks for the reply. Judging by the lack of response I'm going to chalk it up to "bad battery" and get another one. If more had commented I was going to switch to something else. Thank you for the heads up.
gofaster
HotPass
HotPass

Post by gofaster »

We use Odyssey batteries in our Midgets (mostly dirt track,lots of bouncing around!) and they hold up real well.
Jim McMahon
Heads1st
http://www.heads1st.com/