Need help troubleshooting bike tune 250m drag

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

BCjohnny
Guru
Guru

Re: Need help troubleshooting bike tune 250m drag

Post by BCjohnny »

I'm guessing most of us had little formal education regarding engine work, so you're not alone. From the above post you need to pull it back apart, check the cam for straightness and bearing clearance (I'm guessing machined directly into the head parent material).

You still answered why you replaced the valves. Bent? Worn? Either way I can't see how the seats can't need truing. If no-one can do any of this locally maybe you have the seeds of a business........
bladefrost
Pro
Pro

Post by bladefrost »

BCjohnny wrote:I'm guessing most of us had little formal education regarding engine work, so you're not alone. From the above post you need to pull it back apart, check the cam for straightness and bearing clearance (I'm guessing machined directly into the head parent material).

You still answered why you replaced the valves. Bent? Worn? Either way I can't see how the seats can't need truing. If no-one can do any of this locally maybe you have the seeds of a business........

@bcjohnny

i've already checked the cam bearings & it was good. I replaced the valves because it was leaking maybe slightly bent because grinding doesnt fix the leak. There are machine shops who reconditions valves seats here. I've checked valve lash today at different position on the base circle and on the intake there's a difference of 0.05mm between the smallest & the largest i measured, while on the exhaust side there's a 0.10mm difference. quite big. There is a point where you make the clearance smaller & smaller and bike would not run right or would not rev high & you can hear the valves bouncing or maybe floating & there's alot of vibration & no power on the higher rpm ranges.
madmikeracing

Post by madmikeracing »

I would Remove the spark plugs, bore scope down the Cylinders concentrate where the wrist pin has perhaps buggered of on you, (I have had this before fro mcrooked cylinder bore work, it runs great for a while suddenly lost power still runs alright but wont go as quickly!! also do leak down compression test check fuel flowe and condition. Just my 2 cents worth Good Luck!!
madmikeracing

Post by madmikeracing »

WELL did yo usort it?? Mike