Throttle linkage

Tech questions that don't fit above forums

Moderator: Team

toolmakeron
Pro
Pro

Throttle linkage

Post by toolmakeron »

I am trying to put new throttle linkage in my 66 Chevelle. ( factory linkage is long gone) I hope to find some solid, not cable, type linkage. I want a petal, with the linkage, bellcrank & heim ends, type of kit. I like the idea that if the carb return springs break, I can simply pull the throttle closed, by lifting the petal up ( with a loop attached across the top of the petal, of coarse).I looked at some on Speedway, C E, Mr Gasket.etc, but lets see what the guys on here use, on their race cars. Ideas ? Links? opinions? any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks guys I hope this is in the right section, if it isn't , can someone put it where it will be read.
Custombalancing.com
We Make Honey Out of Dogshit*
* some conditions apply.
fast_crew
Pro
Pro
Re: Throttle linkage

Post by fast_crew »

We use 3/16 drill rod and thread it 10/32 and use heim ends. Can often bend and form it alittle if needed with no issues.
Josh K.
BirdMan
Expert
Expert

Re: Throttle linkage

Post by BirdMan »

On a front engine dragster I installed/bolted to block plate a pedal from an 83/84 V6 Thunderbird. It is made for cable which I used but you could modify the end to accomodate whatever you need? I think it used two or three bolts, had pivot and small pivoting pedal.
Dale C.